Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

Why is there yogurt all over my hand?

because the combo doesn't produce salt, it makes yogurt >.> at least it wasn't glue

Kokushi changed - apparently it "wasn't real" in Extend and people thought it needed a change.

Now stick man only spins or punches.

why isn't anyone using kokushi anymore? I used to love that super

I've seen it used three times, one in a combo. The way they made it changed so it either does the punched or spins up word. I dunno if you can combo off of it but it seems unlikely since no one uses it for oki anymore. needless to say she still has other good tools as well as some new ones so i guess that makes up for the loss.

Yeah, that's hype when we're about to lose. That kind of thing isn't going to happen often because by the time you can Raw Overdrive like that you might have already lost.

As well, I'm sure most characters have anything they can do to lock down your overdrive by using theirs on a simple confirm to death (Which should be how people SHOULD die 90% of the time in this version) or at least turning yours into a green burst

Edited by Star-Demon

I'm just shocked how they just stood there and let staffy there do all the movement o_o

I'm just shocked how they just stood there and let staffy there do all the movement o_o

It's japan - they respect everything. Have you ever watched anime? They just let those super reversals happen out of honor or something. :P

If this were America that hakumen would have mashed grab and grabbed litchi right out of Daisharin or just hotarued or pressed D. Shit he could have 5Aed her. Anything would have hit her.

90% of the time Litchis are going to hit daisharin, come up with some path or plan, and be too busy executing it and end up getting hit with some random stuff and die in that situation because it's too easy to deal with.

Edited by Star-Demon

no no star (damn i should be more clear about these things) i though you would have to input a direction then hit D like in the current version to make the staff move in that direction. however the staff was moving while litchi just stood there. had a direction been input she wold have moved that way. then I thought that different button caused it to move different ways, but if that were the case, then she would have been hitting the air and nothing else. yet litchi stood there for a good 2-3 seconds while the staff moved. how the hell did that just happen?

Dunno - It's posted someplace but it's been all noise to me - I just plan to Figure it Out and Do Better when the game comes out when it comes to that kind of stuff. I give up on homework. It's never stuck and it's never helped.

1. Save youtubes I watch

2. Wait

3. get game

4. Copy youtubes I watched

5. Figure it out

6. Do better

7. know some things but Continue losing - just accept it!

Edited by Star-Demon

Dunno - It's posted someplace but it's been all noise to me - I just plan to Figure it Out and Do Better when the game comes out when it comes to that kind of stuff. I give up on homework. It's never stuck and it's never helped.

1. Save youtubes I watch

2. Wait

3. get game

4. Copy youtubes I watched

5. Figure it out

6. Do better

7. know some things but Continue losing - just accept it!

Nah, you ganna bodie bitches with star tech. shyt's going to be crazy.

Edit. nvm i see all that random moving she was doing was getting the staff to move in those direction so it just looks like she's moving without purpose, when she is moving with purpose.

Edited by E3vE3 WAZ HEA

It's japan - they respect everything. Have you ever watched anime? They just let those super reversals happen out of honor or something. :P

If this were America that hakumen would have mashed grab and grabbed litchi right out of Daisharin or just hotarued or pressed D. Shit he could have 5Aed her. Anything would have hit her.

90% of the time Litchis are going to hit daisharin, come up with some path or plan, and be too busy executing it and end up getting hit with some random stuff and die in that situation because it's too easy to deal with.

hahaha you have clearly never played in japan

anyway, i believe hakumen d works differently this time so you can block some (all?) of them - correct me if im wrong.

in the end it was just a tense moment where a bad decision wouldve meant the team would be one step closer to being out, it wasnt a bad thing to be risk averse

It makes total sense that they were both scared, but my point was that that situation it not going to be common.

The plan is:

1. Do BnBs. 2. Get final confirm to overdrive unburstable. 3. Win because they can't burst.

It won't always go perfectly according to plan, but I'm very sure it's on the level of "If you aren't doing this every round you are bad at the game somehow.".

Hey - I might end up wrong and maybe the mishmosh of new stuff once the game and players settle in will make the situation happen more. I would expect that with only bad players, though.

Anyways, TBH I don't know what to think of Daisharin controls. Perhaps if you can play it like Time Arcana/Geneijin/Mirror Tao?

i mean in the end litchi isnt really different.... spacing > random hit > confirm > knockdown > setplay > death. OD is secondary (for now)

these two werent really good players, so the match didnt play out the way it could imo.

hahaha you have clearly never played in japan

anyway, i believe hakumen d works differently this time so you can block some (all?) of them - correct me if im wrong.

in the end it was just a tense moment where a bad decision wouldve meant the team would be one step closer to being out, it wasnt a bad thing to be risk averse

You can block all of his D moves as long as it was started by a projectile(daisharin/random D in our case), if you hit it with a normal your hitstop goes to infinity and he throws your shit.

You can block all of his D moves as long as it was started by a projectile(daisharin/random D in our case), if you hit it with a normal your hitstop goes to infinity and he throws your shit.

really? i've seen a haku vs litchi match before and litchi did a j.b on his counter, she was still able to block it though o_o unless i missed something *goes back to look for video*

not really no, the rule is as long as the attack recovers before his grab comes out or they are out of range (despite being right next to him) it will miss or get blocked.

an Azreal player abused this mid match, his 6C cannot be 5D'd by hakumen.

the only drive thats a sure fire grab is JD since it has true hitstop capabilities.

6D used to be used for killing anything with invicibility since idk the specifics but it was the only drive that could.

now it cant.

5D has an autoguard + catch but doesnt trap you in hitstop as hard as people think.

2Ds the same just faster and has longer reach.

TL;DR: hakumens drives not a super duper catch you move anymore, it now has an even more complicated formula for escaping the catch which is

speed of the attack- recovery of the attack-trajectory of the attack-vs specific Zanshin.

tager escaped 6D despite being right in its range by simply being in the air.

Edited by psycofang2

Anyone know if Litchi can still end her combos in jC (staffless) > jD? Ever since CP came out, I've seen a lot of jC > jump cancel > jD.

Was also wondering if staffless 623D / 421D is no longer special cancellable?

Anyone know if Litchi can still end her combos in jC (staffless) > jD? Ever since CP came out, I've seen a lot of jC > jump cancel > jD.

Was also wondering if staffless 623D / 421D is no longer special cancellable?

j.B > dj.B > j.C > j.D > j.C does still work, though doesn't do a whole lot of damage anymore.

It seems that you cannot special cancel into Kote, though I haven't actually seen or heard anyone confirm it, but at this point it seems impossible for none of the players to have done it in a video.

I've been thinking the same thing about special cancelling into kote. I guess they really did remove it.

Good to know jC > jD > jC still works though, even if there are better options now. Thanks.

so i have a theory that i think can get us more hits. after an opener (say 5c[m] 2c[m] 6d) you do 5b 4b 63214a D dash under 5b haku 63214a tanki hatsu. because they are different moves the SMP shouldn't effect it and we could probably lengthen the combos and get a bit more damage. However this is just a theory, no real way to find out unless we have the game.