Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

I could write a computer program that could build combos off Proration values and tables, provided some time making relation lists in order to hold up a few quality problems. But that to me is missing the point and your position and advantage is just not appreciated.

But hey, maybe I'm just that horrible and it's easy to take for granted for anyone beyond my level.

So where's the disagreement here? You can basically make shit up combo wise and still end with proper oki. I'm saying there's no reason not to do the best combo because you wind up in a favorable position either way.

All LK is saying is go for oki instead of max damage.

Although if Litchi can do that off anything like sG says then I don't know. Maybe go for easiest damage opportunities over looking for big ones.

that isn't really what he said or what I said at all lol

LK said to take the big damage when the opportunity was presented, I expanded on that by saying Litchi can nearly always get some form of knockdown + oki so there's no reason to not take that big damage opportunity

Basically, the sum of it all is "Why would you not use SMP" or "Why not do the best combo possible". Positional advantage and okizeme is generally a given.

Edited by sG

Care to expand on this? Or do you want me to try to explain what *I* think that means? :)

"What is best" (lol what does this even mean) isn't the same as "creating good situations". As Litchi you need to squeeze out damage, but the thing is unless you create situations where you can do that you end up having no control over the match and literally scraping the bottom and working way too hard or you end up like me and never getting any opportunities to do good damage because your opponent is controlling everything you do in some way.

You have to constantly have to be looking out about how to make situations of different kinds. You can't space out at all or just expect to get optimum damage off X and go home. What about what happens after, what about where litchi lands? What happens and where are both players after they tech? Nobody tells you *why* we do things like enders and which but it's so important because of what happens after. These things have a lot of advantages after, some of them don't and leave you really exposed.

"There are no BnBs...only situations."

is it a difficult concept? when you get a certain hit, you should aim for the highest damage + best situation/setplay. so off 6b, if you're sitting around 40~50 meter, there really is no reason for you to not SMP unless you aren't confident in doing it

and tbh, all your knockdowns should leave you in a very favorable position unless you had to compromise some random hitconfirm

Star just go for the best damage you can / and oki setups all over the place.....

if you can get max damage of whatever -> do it / if you can't do SMP - > Don't do it / Hard knock down -> oki the Fudge outta them

What else is there to understand .-. Now i'm confused....

The joys of CS1.

Didn't play her in cs1 so i'll never know the joys you guys felt then.

Didn't play her in cs1 so i'll never know the joys you guys felt then.

Either did I, but I watched a lot of Fio.

press buttons, corner, knockdown, oki, ggs swaf *walks out of room*

Best Litchii Guide ever >:3

Either did I, but I watched a lot of Fio.

Who Didn't watch Alot of Fio !

but you will never find a way to do combos with the Tsubame mead screen?

At the moment there is no confirmed way to followup Tsubame mid-screen. But that's not to say it's entirely impossible. Whiffing the final hit may still allow you to combo after it, but it looks like the untechable time from the first few hits has been decreased.

I hate micro dashing. I haven't gotten anything down that requires it, even though I started trying in CS2...

I couldn't even Chun > dash > 5B in CS2.

I couldn't even Chun > dash > 5B in CS2.

me neither but with all the micro dashes in Ex (at least for the combos i do) if i go back to cs2 i can do it now -_-

i could do chun->dash 5b in cs2 consistently and i miss doing that combo haha, but 5b[m] 2c 5d dash 5a is annoying as fuck

At the moment there is no confirmed way to followup Tsubame mid-screen. But that's not to say it's entirely impossible. Whiffing the final hit may still allow you to combo after it, but it looks like the untechable time from the first few hits has been decreased.

i talked with galileo about this a while ago, everyone is pretty sure there is no way to combo off tsubame midscreen besides going into super

the proration is much better now so in the corner you can do full combos off tsubame starter. it doesnt matter whether it is ch or not.

LK an other:

do you think it's possible to OD cancel Tsubame Gaeshi? I was thinking of doing All Green or Chinrotau after it midscreen to extend the combo

micro dashing after chun in CS2 was very hard because either pressing too late or 6b pops out instead of 5b

in CSEX I only know the likes of bla3x....j.d falling j.c staff2 dash 6a 2d kokushii and itsuu.a/b dash kote

and I don't think that's a micro dash

I think csex litchi is more about tk.chun for corner carry and avoiding proration on 6b[ch]

do you think it's possible to OD cancel Tsubame Gaeshi? I was thinking of doing All Green or Chinrotau after it midscreen to extend the combo

Maybe who knows, if the DP can be OD'd then no one has done it yet, or at least found a way to use it properly in a combo

You can only ODC special cancelable normals, so no it's not possible to ODC Tsubame.

Ah okay, that's good to know, thanks sG

i have a few questions which i may be really late in not knowing about or whatever but:

1)has anyone encountered things like litchi autoguarding lambda 3c even though its a low?

this happened at the meetup yesterday a few times, i think all in the same situation(after a throw tech IIRC). it happened a few times but we could not reproduce it outside of that situation when we tried recreating it

this reminds me of how noel 3c seems to be inconsistent when it comes to actually stopping tager's 6a super armor

2)normally, when someone blocks litchi's dp, they just hit a button to punish and the dp's falling staff followup just falls right through them and doesnt actually hit them as long as they hit litchi in time.

however, sometimes it hits them anyway. i dont see any pattern in this and i've seen it in arcade footage too, like with a ragna punishing with 5b 5c but being hit by the falling staff during 5c. what causes this? is it just a glitch?