Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

Funny how I am returning to some of charcter threads to add to previous points.

I find Unl. Litchi... interestingly weird. What I mean is that Unl. Bang and Taokaka get Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan and Almsot Becoming Two as DD while getting different OD. Litchi? She is stuck in Great Wheel mode all the time. And the fact that Great Wheel limits her moves she can use is also interestingly weird.

Then again, I just might be jelly that her parry might be gone

Oh yeah, is that All Green Tsubame Gaeshi just OD version of All Green, or is that new thing?

Funny how I am returning to some of charcter threads to add to previous points.

I find Unl. Litchi... interestingly weird. What I mean is that Unl. Bang and Taokaka get Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan and Almsot Becoming Two as DD while getting different OD. Litchi? She is stuck in Great Wheel mode all the time. And the fact that Great Wheel limits her moves she can use is also interestingly weird.

Then again, I just might be jelly that her parry might be gone

Oh yeah, is that All Green Tsubame Gaeshi just OD version of All Green, or is that new thing?

While it might limit her moveset, it's super strong because she gets a ton of combo options and ridiculous mixup. On top of that, she can make pretty much anything safe at the touch of a button, it's like Arakune being Curse for the whole match, but with only one bug instead of 4. Very exciting.

The buffed up Tsubame is the OD version of All Green. (It's like that for regular Litchi too) Though for U. Litchi it's just All Green.

Ah, thanks for clarifying the All Green thing. And I guess I understand what you mean with her being able to use Great Wheel all the time. Still sad that it means she cannot parry (that was the best thing to mess around with). Also, funny how she's the first character in the series with proper beam super.

yo star demon, all green is +7 during OD.

BladeMARS.gifHaters_WWE.gif

OH, AND

MURDERFACE.gif

Seriously - Litchi's overdrive gets more amazing every day.

Edited by Star-Demon

stuff n stuff

i don't think he's happy enough >~>

but yeah, even though it's un.Litchi, still looks really cool. why does she go supersaine with her new all green though ._.

but yeah, even though it's un.Litchi, still looks really cool. why does she go supersaine with her new all green though ._.

So having Litchi mirrors and timing them both at the same time.

So having Litchi mirrors and timing them both at the same time.

holy mother of god ._.

Gonna take time this weekend to commentate all of the new Fio stuff because FIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SRS tho - Fio has some bad habits. It'll be fun commenting them.

whenever the jp litchi wiki stops being dumb, im going to start translating and moving info from there to here

really glad we have a release date

whenever the jp litchi wiki stops being dumb, im going to start translating and moving info from there to here

yayness :D can't wait

really glad we have a release date

:( for ps3 in japan. but that's better then nothing i suppose.

yeah, that means i can import!

i know it does. have fun with it dude :)

It really looks like her combos are incredibly modular now. She's not very restricted and it'll be hard to sort out what's bets for what situation.

Make sure to make those nice lists of combo parts and explain the potential combo paths well - that actually can help once they get cemented into your head and you start doing them.

so... essentially what ive tried to do every version of the game?

combo theory actually looks quite simple this time.

puromete gave me a short list of random midscreen confirms. it's about as easy to choose what confirm you use in CP as it was in CS2

Yes - please continue doing that, and better if you find you can. :)

I feel like I can do whatever I want in CP as long as I know what starter and ender I have to use.

I don't quite understand how much damage I'm allowed to have off things, though. I might decide to end things early like I do now, but the execution is much easier.

I just wing it. Pretty much self taught here. But those are somewhat helpful so long as the person is able to understand it..

I feel like I can do whatever I want in CP as long as I know what starter and ender I have to use.

You can do that now. Nothing has changed that suddenly made this possible. And even in CP, you may do what you want, but the fact remains it will never be as good as the optimized combos, same as in CT, CS1, CS2, Extend, and so on and so forth.

Not sure what I'm missing on Litchi that I can work on learning that would turn anything around, get me more damage or a better game.

My choices right now look like:

1. CH 6B Corner SMP. - Timing on ippatsu and then SMP Ender

2. Tanki Hatsu corner position reverse. I've done it there times and now I completely forgot what to do and when it needs to be done.

3. Crossup - 2 hit J.2D > Hold D Haku - This never combos for me, the timing on Holding D and doing 236A is completely unknown to me. I jut don't know how to do this.

4. Chun > STaff2 >tk chun - I still can't do this. 5% success. I can't find the physical memory to do it right.

But these things are all really situational - I don't get that much more damage from them, and the bigger problem is I have large doubts I even know how to move around the screen correctly. How do I fix being slow and stupid?

Maybe I'm just feeling really awful about it, but I haven't learned anything really new on this character and I just want something I can see that gets me real headway in matches. I tend to get like this a tournament is coming up, I just want some kind of real improvement.

I can't take a break, because I haven't given Litchi any real attention outside of still practicing combos, blockstrings, blah blah blah. And while some people Say I've improved, It's not changing any outcomes.

I'm trying to work on the things that make me terrible but I still have all the same problems in match.

I don't know what to do with all this on my plate.

Edited by Star-Demon

2. Tanki Hatsu corner position reverse. I've done it there times and now I completely forgot what to do and when it needs to be done.

i hit 5b after the 2d then do the staff hold haku, makes it easier to land imo

Noticed X days ago that Litchi didn't have her BBCP frame data up still, so here it is if you guys wanted it \o/

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Litchi_Frame_Data_(BBCP)

Disclaimers to keep in mind, the mook is missing some data, and worse yet, there are known instances of the mook being outright false.

Platinum's Makoto's Rachel's Litchi's RA Table has some untranslated notes, so I'm just going to leave it be for now.

real talk, though, even if Litchi's table had no notes, that shit is gigantic, I wouldn't do it anyways :3

Unlike with Plat, Makoto, and Rachel, who I all played a bit of, my knowledge of Litchi is very, VERY limited, so Uri/LK/players, make sure I didn't get anything wrong like 3-dragon followups or stuff like that :gonk:

And finally, since Daisharin is no longer a DD, its data is with the rest of Litchi's specials because I have no clue where else to put it. ( ・ω ・ )

Based God ChaosChao putting up the frame data because I forgot that was my job.

Don't fire me!

I'll look through it and make sure everything is correct, or at least as correct as I can make it.