Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

I'm looking at those frame data's

5a/2a/5b/5c/2c P1 100?

yay....

*after looking further.... I think everybody got the same 100 P1 value for 5a/2a :v

Based God ChaosChao putting up the frame data because I forgot that was my job.

Don't fire me!

I'll look through it and make sure everything is correct, or at least as correct as I can make it.

or you can do litchi's character page!

I'm looking at those frame data's

5a/2a/5b/5c/2c P1 100?

yay....

*after looking further.... I think everybody got the same 100 P1 value for 5a/2a :v

Yeah, that was a universal change. But still, Litchi has a lot of really strong starters, it's why her average damage is so high in CP.

@shtkn: Easy enough, I'll work on that too.

I never really looked at frame data so this is a bit confusing, I just look for what is safe and go with that, if it isn't too much trouble can someone explain, I feel like it can help me get better if I understood frame data better :(

Please don't make fun of me if this is an obvious question ;_;

looks about as good as can be without being able to test anything

the jp litchi cp wiki is apparently "down until further notice" :/

Damn....other than that , Litchi frame data is pretty much .....fine ...

Yay for anti air , and Yay kanchan!

P.S.

Sorry I haven't been updating the Litchi Video Thread. I have Exams / Events to help with so I haven't really been around youtube / dustloop much

Forgive me.

Sorry I haven't been updating the Litchi Video Thread. I have Exams / Events to help with so I haven't really been around youtube / dustloop much

Forgive me.

It's fine, anyone in school knows that feel bro :) just be glad we got freamez dahtah

frame data are usually much more useful in higher gameplay levels where you want to do something with a very small window frame... I think....

honestly speaking frame data don't do much good to me =__= I'm not the person who can really apply the knowledge in a real match since I'm struggling a lot just get proper IBs

frame data are usually much more useful in higher gameplay levels where you want to do something with a very small window frame... I think....

honestly speaking frame data don't do much good to me =__= I'm not the person who can really apply the knowledge in a real match since I'm struggling a lot just get proper IBs

You can always learn by example such as, "Will 5b>5c get me DP'd? Yes? Don't do that" and vice versa and such, the other thing to learn is what move is + on block, but you can also figure that out when you're blocking peoples shit and you can't punish it because you're stuck in guard stun which at times can lead to frame traps if you are mashing.

I was told to look up Litchi's blockstrings list and use those. Where's the blockstrings list?

Whatever I'm doing isn't good.

Edited by Star-Demon

I was told to look up Litchi's blockstrings list and use those. Where's the blockstrings list?

Whatever I'm doing isn't good.

Hmmm I don't think she have specific blockstrings. Next time you're on psn I can show you some stuff.

the most basic of her blockstring is either a high, a low, a throw, a anti-twitch, or a frame trap. launching staff is to reset pressure and make it stronger (or weaker, depening on the situation). if staff is returning, it will cover backdashes, serves as a psuedo OS against dp's/pressure reset tool.

most basic mixup is (5b) 6a/2b/6bf throw/2c/delay 5c. litchi pretty much covers everything most people can do, its all about using the right move at the right time

the beautiful thing about basic shit is, its all you usually need until you get to the top players. then you need to be doing the advanced shit.

oh, in terms of staff pressure its essentially the same. you can pressure from farther away now, but reward here is rather weak when talking about mixups. because of the reach of her moves, the rather large rewards on ch, and the threat of setting the staff, your foe still needs to choose wisely (and really just look out for throw/staff set/crossup j.2d).

Wait...Why are we dragging mixups into this? I want to my opponent to block. You basically gave me the gatling table from 5b[e], which I know you see me use, but here I am, people telling me I have no blockstrings.

I don't get it.

whatever into (delay) 5c/2c to get them to block and then go for a mixup. you cant just get them to block only to still lose via timeout.

you cant just get them to block only to still lose via timeout.

this

Wait...Why are we dragging mixups into this? I want to my opponent to block. You basically gave me the gatling table from 5b[e], which I know you see me use, but here I am, people telling me I have no blockstrings. I don't get it.
you do random shit into chun or just raw chun against me. also, these strings work from 5a and 2a, and well as any time youre allowed to reset the situation (be it jump, staff launch, staggered normal, etc), the latter reason being why its strong to begin with.

DOUBLE EDIT: FORGET IT. Just forget I asked. Waste of everyone's time. I'm sorry.

Edited by Star-Demon

I wonder, is ittsu c d (hold) j.b dj.b j.c staff 1 easier to do in CP. i know you can do it in EX (although you don't get much) but it seems harder then it should be.

seems like there's some weird hitstop on the 2nd hit of itsuu, or just more recovery. as far as the combo goes, it seems to start the same way as in cse.

btw, d is held for the max duration

You can always learn by example such as, "Will 5b>5c get me DP'd? Yes? Don't do that" and vice versa and such, the other thing to learn is what move is + on block, but you can also figure that out when you're blocking peoples shit and you can't punish it because you're stuck in guard stun which at times can lead to frame traps if you are mashing.

ehh...? I'm pretty sure that 5b[m]>5c[m] has no holes unless u delay the 5c

5c[m]>3c[m] has a pretty big hole iirc but usually safe because of the distance

5c[m]>3c[m] point blank got me houtenjin T^T

5b[m]>3c[m] is suicide if the opponent is expecting it/point blank

anyway, I pretty much know the knowledge but not good at applying it on real match, but if applying the knowledge is by not doing something... I should be able to at least do that :v