Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

And yeah, get hype fellas, 4B is near.

And kanchan, don't forget kanchan hype (did i spell it right @_@ I'll just call it puffball from now on)

Ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond? :3

And yeah, get hype fellas, 4B is near.

ALL HAIL LITCHI FAYE LING

400867_2516955285378_898635130_n.jpg

a few more days and I'll be able to play litchi in CP :vbang:

*Salute*

So, CP is out in two days and I found something that's interesting in ES that might be carried over. I dunno if it has been done before but in ex if you CH a raising j.b do a dj.c j.b land 6c(1) xx. I think it would work in CP. Just something to work with or a thought to bring up >~<

6c(1) does not work in cp. it would have to be ....6c(2) rekkas/whatever else which should do decently with the proration changes to 6c. assuming 6c(2) would work consistently here. not to mention gravity is even stronger in cp so people may not float the same.

Three techniques I must learn after my list of things:

- Defending, moving and attacking while overdrive.

- Timing 4B invinc for most moves.

- ????

6c(1) does not work in cp. it would have to be ....6c(2) rekkas/whatever else which should do decently with the proration changes to 6c. assuming 6c(2) would work consistently here. not to mention gravity is even stronger in cp so people may not float the same.

6C(1) > CT should work there too, and possibly even Dash 5B > 4B. If they do end up too high there's also j.AACB > Ender, but it should be easy enough to get a regular combo after that hit-confirm instead of needing that.

There's also always CH j.B > j.D, but that's way harder to hit-confirm and even combo off of.

EDIT: Although thinking about it, j.B > j.D is no safer or guaranteed than CH j.B > dj.C > j.B. And it actually is easier to confirm j.B > j.D > Hatsu > Chun/j.B > dj.B > j.C, but the following combo/staff hit is a little tricky.

Edited by Urichinan

So while we wait for CP, why don't we talk about one combo we really want to try out next game. Out of all the new stuff we've seen, which one you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally can't wait to do Saying all of them doesn't count

I really wanna try out 2b[m] 6c[m] OD All Green puffball >combo and xx IttsuC D(held) j.b j.c (staff2) puffball. I dunno they look cool.

Wee it's out :)

I'm excited for when people start posting all of their crazy Litchi combos. Her combo possibilities are seem really fun in this game.

I'll have stuff going up in the combo thread tomorrow, hopefully. My game is supposed to arrive in the morning (Friday, the 25th), but I'm also moving tomorrow, so at worst it'll be Saturday before I can start putting up stuff.

I'll have stuff going up in the combo thread tomorrow, hopefully. My game is supposed to arrive in the morning (Friday, the 25th), but I'm also moving tomorrow, so at worst it'll be Saturday before I can start putting up stuff.

Hope moving goes as smoothly as possible. Look forward to seeing your stuff.

controlling litchi's staff in OD is like using carl ,DIFFICULTTTTTTTTT

Stop mashing and it won't be as difficult.

Timing is weird but after 30 min in training mode everyone should do fine.

^pretty much this. got use to her haku hatsu chun combos pretty darn fast.

also it took me forever to find force counter hit in training mode. @_@ is there a translation for it somewhere???

I'm seeing a lot of Litchi players use corner combos involving sending her staff out (5D) and then following it up with 6A? For example...

(w/ staff) 5B 5C 6D 623D 236A 236B 236C 5B 5D 6A 5C 421C etc. etc.

A Litchi player also does something similar in this video:

http://youtu.be/TnLjyBKPlXE?t=6m40s

I cannot for the life of me understand the timing of the 6A after the 5D. I can get it sometimes, and I'm never sure what I do differently those times to make it work. Mashing it out as fast as possible doesn't work. Any tips?

I'm seeing a lot of Litchi players use corner combos involving sending her staff out (5D) and then following it up with 6A? For example...

(w/ staff) 5B 5C 6D 623D 236A 236B 236C 5B 5D 6A 5C 421C etc. etc.

A Litchi player also does something similar in this video:

http://youtu.be/TnLjyBKPlXE?t=6m40s

I cannot for the life of me understand the timing of the 6A after the 5D. I can get it sometimes, and I'm never sure what I do differently those times to make it work. Mashing it out as fast as possible doesn't work. Any tips?

i think it has to be delayed a bit like in ex. try doing that instead of inputting it as fast as you can.

i think it has to be delayed a bit like in ex. try doing that instead of inputting it as fast as you can.

(Didn't play EX, sorry :X)

Normally the issue is that they tech before the 6A hits. I'm confused as to how delaying the 6A would fix the problem? I'm away from my PS3 right now so I can't test, but I'll let you know when I get back. Thanks for the response!

Normally the issue is that they tech before the 6A hits. I'm confused as to how delaying the 6A would fix the problem? I'm away from my PS3 right now so I can't test, but I'll let you know when I get back. Thanks for the response!

Sorry @_@ wasn't being clear (have a habit of doing that) i meant delay the staff launch. just a slight delay though.

alos welcome to the land of litchi :D

It's immediate, there is no "delaying" in this version of the game for Litchi more or less all her combos are pretty much input after input unless there is some staff hold involved.

Just to note:

(Corner) 4D > 5[D] > Haku > Hatsu > ]D[ > Chun > Staff 2 > 5B > 4B > ItsuuA > 4Kote > 3C > 2D > 3C > Staff 2 > Kanchan > 6D > Tsubame > 6C does more damage than the 5D > 6A > 5C > Staff 2 > Kanchan route off a 4D.