Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

boys will soon post a video of my progress XD

I'm seeing a lot of Litchi players use corner combos involving sending her staff out (5D) and then following it up with 6A? For example...

(w/ staff) 5B 5C 6D 623D 236A 236B 236C 5B 5D 6A 5C 421C etc. etc.

A Litchi player also does something similar in this video:

http://youtu.be/TnLjyBKPlXE?t=6m40s

I cannot for the life of me understand the timing of the 6A after the 5D. I can get it sometimes, and I'm never sure what I do differently those times to make it work. Mashing it out as fast as possible doesn't work. Any tips?

Hold down D like in csex after ippatsu B, 6A will be released without problems

XD

my litchi improvement XDXDXD i'm so happy :yaaay::yaaay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KSREAc9QI0

Edited by AUREDO

I lied guys, it'll be at least Monday before I even get BB. Ran into a butt-load of problems with FedEx this weekend, and nobody I know was willing to game share BB with me this week while I still had internet, so nothing is going up in the combo thread until next week. Sorry people, you'll just have to make due with this for the time being:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15553-CP-Litchi-Faye-Ling-Combo-Thread&p=1453367&viewfull=1#post1453367

Anyone have any hazards to avoid or notes to share for those of us waiting on poverty mail?

How are you functioning without Overdrive All Green in your life?

ITS PLUS THIRTEEN ON BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Star-Demon

4B is extremely difficult to actually use as an anti-air (at least it's godly for staff call hit confirms as expected) and ground Hatsu is no longer head invuln. Give yourself a good 15 minutes at least to get used to her new jump velocity and height.

I think by the time you realize ur opp. is withing 4b range, it's usually too late unless they're just free falling from great heights. best would be to yomi but if counter yomi-ed then litchi is screwed since 4b doesn't keep enemies away far enough to give litchi some time to recover

hmmm.... although on 2nd thought, I wanna see the frame animation/hitbox

It's almost purely vertical.. I tried using 4B out of Valkenhayn pressure and we both just whiffed through each other and I got punished :/

Anyone have any hazards to avoid or notes to share for those of us waiting on poverty mail?

ITS PLUS THIRTEEN ON BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some stuff to take note of if you want. Most of it won't be very useful info, but it might give you an idea of what to expect...

2A/5A doesn't slide well, jump feels higher, she falls faster (though those are changes for BBCP in general). Forward walk animation has slightly changed (doesn't affect gameplay but just a change new to CP).

4B is nice, though like sG said, it's hard to use as an anti-air. I had the same issue of missing someone with anti air 4B at point blank range last night while playing casuals. :/ As you would expect, if your opponent uses a jumping attack that moves their hurtbox forward, 4B will catch it. At this point, I'm pretty much just using it for combos though as well.

jC[e] has changed. It could be the hurtbox or the hitbox or both, but in general it just feels weaker... IAD jC[e] also loses to 5A a lot easier than it ever did in Extend.

I've also experienced rare occasions where combos leading into 2C[m] would whiff at certain ranges where it wouldn't have in the last game. The hitbox still feels good though, but something is definitely different, I think it may have to also do with 5B[m] having more pushback in this game (which might have thrown off my spacing).

First hit of 5C[m] has very little pushback now. If you do corner pressure like 5B[m], 5C[m], 5D or 2D[m] as a block string, you'll notice you don't move anywhere from where you were when you used 5B[m].

6C[m] has a lot less pushback and a lot less blockstun. No where near as good as it was since it's still a pretty choreographed move + now leaves you in DP range. It also lost it's jump cancel on hit.... which really screwed me up early on. That also means no more OS confirms, so you might as well get used to setting 2D as soon as you see 6C[m] hit.

Other random things I've noticed :

4D is unsafe. jB[m] much weaker as a jump-in. Afaik, single hit DP into combo is gone. As the frame data shows, 5D and 2D speeds are reversed. Anti Air Counter Hit 2C[m] hits people way far away now. 5D in OD is a homing move (though you can also use 6 / 4 / 2 / etc to direct it manually) and can be held like a normal staff recall. The homing really sucks though because by the time it locks onto your opponent, they've already moved. jB[e] might be longer I think... If you really wanted to use Kokushi, you can still get about 2 mixups in, and confirm into a combo...

That's all the random stuff I could think of off the top of my head.

Both j.Bs feel like they have wider hitboxes now.

j.C]e[ likely had it's hitbox slightly reduced to prevent her from using it as an instant overhead on larger characters. That combined with jump changes 100% killed it, I don't think you can even fuzzy guard anymore.

So in short, they tried to ground litchi. Lordknight notices rising j.c[e] whiffs and that was sad.

It's interesting that they made c[m] moves more interesting, although losing JC on hit pretty much reduces options for Litchi.

OD 5D homes the staff for one move? Good shit. That makes this easy, then.

Edited by Star-Demon

4B(bait) Tsubamegaishi is a nice little tactic I use to throw people off when I need something.

Also when are we going to get our CP match-up thread up and going? I don't mind throwing out some stuff I've discovered/thought of after playing over the weekend but I'm sure the Japanese have already provided ample information. I specifically need to know what to do with Tager, it seems like once he gets a knockdown the match is over.:vbang:

Edited by Konflyk

You fight Tager the same way you've fought him for 4 games now lol

If you're really hurting for some matchup knowledge, read the EX archive threads. Litchi really isn't that different.

You fight Tager the same way you've fought him for 4 games now lol

If you're really hurting for some matchup knowledge, read the EX archive threads. Litchi really isn't that different.

Like I said it's good and all until I get magnetized, then the match is over, seems moot to bother w/mixup at times since everyone just mashes 5/2A(360A) on block anyway, I'll just use Ragna or something, I feel like other characters have better options than Litchi once caught.

Don't bother going for mixup then. It's rather easy to completely keep Tager at bay this game with the addition of 4B[m] along with the usual tools. It's tough when he gets on you but you're aiming to not even get to that point in the first place.

Only got to play for a little bit, but I found a few things:

j.B[m] > j.C > OD > Hatsu > 6D(w) > Chun > 3D > (OD Ends) Dash 5B > 4B > ItsuuA > 4Kote > 3C > 2D > Ender works mid-screen against airborne opponents, timing is tight on the Hatsu, but it does over 3k meterless from a staff air-to-air, so that's pretty awesome.

Haku > Hatsu > Chun > 5B seems character specific against low or grounded opponents, I couldn't get it to hit Ragna at all after ItsuuA > 4Kote.

I messed around with using 41236B[e] (What is the JP name of this move even? I've been playing for years and I still have never seen this named before) in corner combos, I managed to get over 4k and 6C knockdown on Ragna, which so far I don't think I've seen. Gonna mess with this more because it's sexy and it might lead to a high damage 6C Ender combo that works on everyone. (I'm pretty sure the other one only does 3.8k)

Edited by Urichinan

Haku > Hatsu > Chun > 5B seems character specific against low or grounded opponents, I couldn't get it to hit Ragna at all after ItsuuA > 4Kote.

I messed around with using 41236B[e] (What is the JP name of this move even? I've been playing for years and I still have never seen this named before) in corner combos, I managed to get over 4k and 6C knockdown on Ragna, which so far I don't think I've seen. Gonna mess with this more because it's sexy and it might lead to a high damage 6C Ender combo that works on everyone. (I'm pretty sure the other one only does 3.8k)

I tested the 5B link against the entire cast except Kagura; it drops only on Ragna. The Japanese name of RiichiB is 立直:引っかけ (riichi: hikkake, Ready: Setting the Trap). It's a mahjong term when you declare a ready hand discarding an end tile of a ryankan set, e.g. discarding 4 or 8 when you have 468. This tricks the opponent into thinking 7 or 5 are safe, when they're actually the tile you're waiting on.

For reference, RiichiA is 立直:単騎待ち (riichi: tanki machi, Ready: Single Wait), where you are waiting on only a single tile value that can complete your hand, and 立直:追っかけ (riichi: okkake, Ready: Pursuit), where you declare ready after someone else, to try and "chase" them.

Oh yeah, Litchi's new moves are of course also named after mahjong. For the curious, 421C, 嵌張 (kanchan) is a set of two suited tiles separated by one, so that to complete it you're waiting on the middle tile. Since it has a tile on each side, it's fitting for what 421C can do when charged. RiichiA~D, 搶槓 (chankan, Robbing the Kong), is an event in which someone declares a meld of four tiles and a person wins off of that tile. In the English translation of BB, the name Robbing the Kong was already given to RiichiB, so it'll be curious how they translate this. Finally, 632146C, 清老頭 (chinroutou, All Terminals), is a maximum-score hand that occurs when you create a winning hand consisting only of 1s and 9s. And something I finally figured out the other day, Litchi's astral deals 32000 damage because that's how many points a maximum-score hand is worth.

In my own learning experiences, I've been trying to figure out reliable midscreen oki after Tsubame. So far all I've gotten is dash, as-early-as-possible D, to catch non-emergency techs, into slightly delayed B which is meaty and connects for a followup if the D connected. I've also been having problems dealing with forward rolls out of the corner after 6C > 4kote ender. I'm doing 2D to try and catch, but the opponent always tends to roll past me and it becomes a lot harder to followup as they get knocked out of the corner. Am I doing it slow or something?

Edited by Cobalt

Not sure how exhaustive you guys are training modo-ing, but when my game arrives game you're all invited to hang with me in stream and we can collaborate and collude against the Anti-Litchi efforts going on. I'll have plenty of hours to spend on it, I think.

I've also been having problems dealing with forward rolls out of the corner after 6C > 4kote ender. I'm doing 2D to try and catch, but the opponent always tends to roll past me and it becomes a lot harder to followup as they get knocked out of the corner. Am I doing it slow or something?

I noticed this too. I think after you do 4Kote the opponent has the time to roll past you if you stay there. After watching a few videos of puromete I noticed that after 4Kote he would backdash. The opponent never tried to roll past him, so I suppose this is the way to stop your opponent from rolling past you. Also it puts in a safer position in case they decide to DP on wake-up.

Edited by Lensta

Yeah I watched some more videos last night after I posted and I came to the same conclusion. In the same vein, it seems like the usual strat for dealing with midscreen knockdown is to hold the staff and dash to maximum comfortable range. I guess you just let them backroll if they want and use the staff recall to try and get more pressure off of it.

In my own learning experiences, I've been trying to figure out reliable midscreen oki after Tsubame. So far all I've gotten is dash, as-early-as-possible D, to catch non-emergency techs, into slightly delayed B which is meaty and connects for a followup if the D connected.
What's the best followup if the opponent is hit by this?

Not sure how exhaustive you guys are training modo-ing, but when my game arrives game you're all invited to hang with me in stream and we can collaborate and collude against the Anti-Litchi efforts going on. I'll have plenty of hours to spend on it, I think.

yay i can hang with star now ;-; a dream come truuuuuuuuuue <3