Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

Makoto's and Noel's legs are better.

Legs tier list:

S: Makoto, Noel

A: Litchi

B: Tsubaki Taokaka

C: Lambda Mu Platinum Rachel

D: Bullet

Switch Litchi and Noel, move the S-tier women to SS, then put Carl and Platinum in S and you have my tier list.

Also, this thread is pretty cool.

Switch Litchi and Noel, move the S-tier women to SS, then put Carl and Platinum in S and you have my tier list.

-('A')-

That screenshot just reminded me how godlike Litchi's rack is.

And people said her "legs" was her best asset -.-

Litchi has a flawless build, aside from her big forehead.

Also, let's try to move past all the random, trolly and goofy stuff guys! I'd like to keep this thread about gameplay discussion.

I have created a Litchi General group for everyone to join. If you would like to be silly, troll, go off-topic, talk about IRL stuff, or whatever else, you can do all of that in here. I greatly encourage all of you to join the group and move all non-gameplay related discussions there. Thank you!

Also, let's try to move past all the random, trolly and goofy stuff guys! I'd like to keep this thread about gameplay discussion.

I have created a Litchi General group for everyone to join. If you would like to be silly, troll, go off-topic, talk about IRL stuff, or whatever else, you can do all of that in here. I greatly encourage all of you to join the group and move all non-gameplay related discussions there. Thank you!

will do :) Thanks Uri

I was waiting for someone to address this lol.

I'd be joining the group.

Since there is no EX thread...

After playing a few more Litchi matches, I see that I'm completely lacking set-ups. I have 2/5D > 2/5A > 6A > into staff combo in the corner.

Thats all I have and thats just for my overhead. I'm looking to find some good set ups for staffless into staff combos in the corner and especially midscreen.

I see people hit a lowor high midscreen and follow up with chun > staff2 stuff and I'm like wtf how did he tme that correctly.

Does anyone have some nice set-ups?

It's kinda' hard to understand what I'm getting at here.

After playing a few more Litchi matches, I see that I'm completely lacking set-ups. I have 2/5D > 2/5A > 6A > into staff combo in the corner.

Thats all I have and thats just for my overhead. I'm looking to find some good set ups for staffless into staff combos in the corner and especially midscreen.

I was once told that there are three mixups:

LOW

OVERHEAD

and GRAB

And one cannot be powerful without threat of the other two. Just because you can get a 6A starter doesn't mean you'll get 6A as a hit or as your starter.

Try rising and falling j.b, j.c,, 2B (m and e), 3C(m and e) and work with every normal and find what happens if you try to continue on block, on hit, and on whiff. Integrate all of this with a grab setup and it all comes together and your own "AT FIELD" starts coming together, allowing you more mixups and more mistakes.

"There are no BNBs. Only situations."

Edited by Star-Demon

I see people hit a lowor high midscreen and follow up with chun > staff2 stuff and I'm like wtf how did he tme that correctly.

Do you mean Staff1 > chun > staff 2 > TK Chun > 6c[m] (something along those lines) ?

If so , you have to TK the second chun. and if you just mean , how do you do a staff1 > chun in general , you can use ur staff1 to link to hatsu or chun, its possible.

after a hard knock down in the corner, try doing 2D > 41236D ( Staff spins like a sawlike blade ) , its a great way to stop them from rolling like 2D launch and also , if they are pressing buttons you can get a nice counter hit from it , furthermore 41236D keeps them in block stun and slightly blocks litchi's movement so a Quick high/low mix up can sometimes catch people due to the lack of visibility. In addition to that 41236D is good for Assault counter baits imo , because people (or atleast the people I encounter) like to counter assault near the ending of the 41236D block stun. If you Jump you can bait Counter assaults.

^--that's the 41236(Staffless) Oki mix's i tend to use often.

LOW

OVERHEAD

and GRAB

"There are no BNBs. Only situations."

You're right but its not as deep as "there are no BNBs" lol But i agree that those are the 3 main mix ups and its situational

Sometimes you may not be able to get a full fancy combo, but as long as you keep knocking the opponent down , to reset > and perform more oki mixups .

You can keep trying to confirm that perfect combo starter > to do more damage > and More oki ~ Go for the highest damage or the most optimal combo from ur starter , if u can't make it anything big , knock down , rinse oki ~ and repeat.

Edited by EXonestar

In those staff2 situations - The second TK chun is a little more exaggerated input than normal - Almost like you have to dash or jump before doing it.

TK Chun , just do for example 2369C (the 9 up forward TK's off a jump) Or from right to left 2147C

(Hope that made sense I don't wish to confuse you)

if you can get the 6c > 4kote > slide 6a combo part consistently, then putting the staff down and going into high/low raw will give you some mileage. if you let the staff off and pressure/mixup from there, you'll have to confirm based on how long ago you let the staff go, and where you are on the screen. if you see people doing high/low after launching the staff and confirming into corner carry/knockdown, it's because they understand the spacing and how much time they have left to what

if you want to confirm easily, use all your normals, and go into haku/hatsu/chun. damage kind of sucks and you wont get corner knockdown, but it's consistent. fucking up a confirm usually results with you getting punished

as far as the combo, i believe what youre talking about is xx > 5c > staff2 > chun > 2c[m] or 6b[m] > etc correct? you can use that a little past midscreen, but not too close to the corner, and you don't want to use certain normals before hand because they dont go into 5c right away.

Thank you LK, you nailed it. I guess I'll hit training mode and grasp a good knowledge of the time needed and what time is left.

Can you expand on the 6C > 4Kote > slide 6A? Is that only for standing characters? I know something like Starter > 6C > Chun > 665B > 6C > Air Combo.

Yeah the combo along the lines of using chun/tk chun. To get the 5C > staff 2 > Chun to combo I guess is due to the knowledge of you knowing how much time you have left (Like you said previously)?

Basically I want to be able to have a DP ender with a staffless combo, so that staff is near and not in the other corner somewhere.

Edited by Kujikawa

it's possible on everyone standing. vs crouch, it doesnt work on noel, mu, and one more i think im forgetting, maybe carl

it would be, for example, 6a > 2c > delay 6c(1) > 4kote > dash 6a > 2d > chun > tk chun > 2c[m] > etc

it's possible on everyone standing. vs crouch, it doesnt work on noel, mu, and one more i think im forgetting, maybe carl

it would be, for example, 6a > 2c > delay 6c(1) > 4kote > dash 6a > 2d > chun > tk chun > 2c[m] > etc

http://youtu.be/Rv47zPmPBdo?t=11s

Here's an example.

xx starter > (What LK said)