Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

So am I to assume kote cancels are done away with now? I don't see them anywhere in combos anymore, and that makes me sad. Can they still be used in blockstrings?

So am I to assume kote cancels are done away with now? I don't see them anywhere in combos anymore, and that makes me sad. Can they still be used in blockstrings?

6C is the only move that has been reported to lose it's Kote cancel.

not really. it's only use was for combos. the combo routes are better this time around, so it probably won't even be missed by most.

Few new combos:

(Corner) CH 6A[e] > 5[D] > Hatsu > ]D[ > Chun > Staff 2 > 6D(2) > 5B > 4B > RiichiA > IppatsuD > Dash Under > 5B > j.B > dj.B > j.C > j.D > j.C > Staff 2 > Puffball > 6D(1) > Tsubame= 2.9K

(Back to corner) 5B[m] > 5C(1) > 3C > RC > Dash > 6B > IAD > j.B > j.A > 5B > 4B > ItsuuA > 4Kote > Dash > 3C > 2D > Hatsu > Chun > Staff 2 > 6C(2) > 6D(1) > Tsubame= 3.8K

(Mid-Screen) ItsuuB > 5[D] > Puffball > ]D[ > TK Hatsu > Chun > Staff 2 > 5B[m] > 4B > ItsuuA > 6Kote > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuD > Dash Under > 6C(2) > 3C= 3.5K

(Mid-Screen) 4D > Dash > Haku > Hatsu > Chun > Dash > 5B > Puffball > 5B > 4B > Chun > 5B > 6C(2)= 2.7K

Read through the thread, like some of the direction we're getting I been ghost for a while as DL has been more or less dead and I haven't seen a console date.

Star you cray as usual, gotta stop having that negative mindset otherwise you're never gonna step your game up.

LK can you clean up the video thread, I took one look at it and I was appauled, I don't want to sound like a Nazi about it but there shouldn't be any text, just video links and nothing else so it can at least be welcome to newcomers or people searching for matches, everyone else put a * next to videos with something interesting it and LK could put them all in the OP or 2nd post for quick refrence at least that way we can get the best of the best right at the front page instead of finding it on page 12/32 for example.

If I remember dustloop even exists when I get bored at home and start watching BB vids I'll try to remember to throw them in the video thread, since it hasn't been updated since last month and I've seen a few new Litchi fights on both Jourdal2012 and Pktazn's YT channels.

Few new combos:

These combos

Any meter on those for worthwhile/optimal ones? We all know we need dat meter.

Edited by Konflyk

Read through the thread, like some of the direction we're getting I been ghost for a while as DL has been more or less dead and I haven't seen a console date.

Star you cray as usual, gotta stop having that negative mindset otherwise you're never gonna step your game up.

LK can you clean up the video thread, I took one look at it and I was appauled, I don't want to sound like a Nazi about it but there shouldn't be any text, just video links and nothing else so it can at least be welcome to newcomers or people searching for matches, everyone else put a * next to videos with something interesting it and LK could put them all in the OP or 2nd post for quick refrence at least that way we can get the best of the best right at the front page instead of finding it on page 12/32 for example.

If I remember dustloop even exists when I get bored at home and start watching BB vids I'll try to remember to throw them in the video thread, since it hasn't been updated since last month and I've seen a few new Litchi fights on both Jourdal2012 and Pktazn's YT channels.

Any meter on those for worthwhile/optimal ones? We all know we need dat meter.

This is the current video thread, and it follows the standard DL video thread format. It's very easy to navigate and find videos in. This was also updated just yesterday. So long as Jourdal, LK and myself keep it updated it will be fine.

I can go back and try to find the meter gain for some of the ones done in matches. A few of them were done in CP's training mode though, so meter was set to 100 while the person was practicing.

Is there some particular use for kanchan outside of combos? Wallbouncing on normal hit is nice and it seems like sometimes it moves her past the opponent fast enough that it will dodge attacks, but i just dont see what its purpose is outside of getting lucky(?) with that. I've seen one litchi player launch staff and then do kanchan and the staff return hits them at a timing which allows her to pressure after getting in with kanchan, but that sort of strategy seems really vulnerable to just neutral jumping or whatever. I also wonder if the hurtbox is meh enough to where the other player could just mash self-gatling jabs and easily beat it every time. Maybe it's for "catching" people who double jumped and putting them into pressure, maybe air normals dont hit it very well?

I dunno. What do you guys think? new moves being primarily for combos is boring lol

Edited by Mightfo

Is there some particular use for kanchan outside of combos? Wallbouncing on normal hit is nice and it seems like sometimes it moves her past the opponent fast enough that it will dodge attacks, but i just dont see what its purpose is outside of getting lucky(?) with that. I've seen one litchi player launch staff and then do kanchan and the staff return hits them at a timing which allows her to pressure after getting in with kanchan, but that sort of strategy seems really vulnerable to just neutral jumping or whatever. I also wonder if the hurtbox is meh enough to where the other player could just mash self-gatling jabs and easily beat it every time. Maybe it's for "catching" people who double jumped and putting them into pressure, maybe air normals dont hit it very well?

I dunno. What do you guys think? new moves being primarily for combos is boring lol

kanchan is the puff ball move right? (sorry i'm terrible with remembering things xD)

kanchan is the puff ball move right? (sorry i'm terrible with remembering things xD)

yeah, it is(although i dont think it has low profile like puffball's dash does)

yeah, it is(although i dont think it has low profile like puffball's dash does)

ah okay just making sure

i think it could be use to catch people off garde, if they are being to defensive. like holding the staff using it to get behind them let go of the staff and have the staff hit from behind so you can hit from in front. I've also seen people use it during 4 winds in the corner(but they CA out of it so i dunno how it would work if it does hit) I'm pretty sure if hit on counter we could get some meaty combo out since it is a Fatal Counter.........um.............maybe to bait something out, i know she can get hit out of it but if fast enough you could get them to press buttons giving yourself a free hit(maybe if you don't get hit or they recover fast enough to block it) we already seen how good it can be in combos. basically mix ups if used properly.

It doesn't wallbounce on a grounded normal hit (It might if it's fully charged) so it's not good for pressure or approach in that sense. However, you can do the crossup version safely in the corner by using a 2D Set version of Shinshin. Shinshin will push them out of the corner and Kanchan will actually crossup there. Aside from that it seems to be very weak outside of combos.

Though if it's + on block (I HIGHLY doubt it) you could use it for frame traps and other forms of pressure resets. Like I said though, it doesn't appear to have any frame advantage at all, so don't count on that either.

i think this is able to answer our question somewhat.....maybe........if it wasn't for the burst we could have probably seen some crazy shyt happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZUxACwQr42A#t=80s

If it's anything like puffball it's very active and air unblockable.

figure it out.

do better.

If you've got nothing useful to contribute to a discussion or don't have a question to ask, please refrain from cluttering the thread. Thanks!

If you've got nothing useful to contribute to a discussion or don't have a question to ask, please refrain from cluttering the thread. Thanks!

That is incredibly useful, especially in a forum where "You Just Have To Be Good" is used to describe matchups. This is a general thread. Go ahead and delete and rename it if you want to further stifle the handful people that still post in this forum and play the damn character with you guys.

Ulness you would admit that you only want like 4 people to own the subforum and the rest can fuck off...I don't think it's that bad, though. (I've been let down before, though, for sure.)

Anyways:

Air unblockable and very active means people that neutral jump at some distances will be caught very easily.

Very active also means it can be used for oki and to confuse their spacing.

I'd post a jam vid with examples and compare to litchi's in CP but that's too much work since I can't find it.

So yeah. I just gave you very useful information. Beats the hell out of "Juts beat him fast" and "You just have to be good".

Edited by Star-Demon

I used to think hold-6B > grab only worked because people respect Lordknight too much but apparently I can do it too.

Yay a new tool.

I used to think hold-6B > grab only worked because people respect Lordknight too much but apparently I can do it too.

Yay a new tool.

While hold 6b into grab is a useful tool over using it can be a bit of a problem. If they see it coming, they can mash a button to hit you out of it while you spin or tech the grab. It is very useful on people who respect your pressure and is stuck on block mode.

Can't you time it right where staff protects your 6B faint and you are then able to green throw into a staff return grab combo?

Or am I just being nuts here? (Had a long time away from Litchi, too match Platinum training)

Can't you time it right where staff protects your 6B faint and you are then able to green throw into a staff return grab combo?

Or am I just being nuts here? (Had a long time away from Litchi, too match Platinum training)

i think you can but it has to be just right. otherwise you can just continue with staff pressure if you are unsure.

Sounds cool, I'll check it out in a bit anyway.

Do you guys mind me asking what your opinions are on CP Litchi from what you've seen? Is she very strong (What I've heard)?

My mind has been on exams and the only stuff I do in BB is generally on Platinum in till CP.