Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion (Read first post!)

Wait, just to clarify SMP has been removed now for CP?

if you are talking about the SMP combo in extend yes you cant do it anymore.

Wait, just to clarify SMP has been removed now for CP?

They've changed it, but no one has posted explicit details - unless it's hidden someplace.

If anyone has the facts please post and paste into a stickied thread.

Not for nothing, I'd love to study up this game just to have a bigger body of knowledge so I skip FIGURE IT OUT and go right to DO BETTER, but I really cannot follow all these threads post-for-post anymore. we need compile and organize what we know now. Word of mouth is my current best means of learning facts about this game.

BTW What do you guys think about 5C[e]?

Edited by Urichinan
Don't double post so quickly, please!

BTW What do you guys think about 5C[e]?

5c[e] doesn't look likes it's changed much. Still otgs, still good in pressure. only big change is that it is no longer fatal. other then that it's still the same, at least from what i observed, i could be wrong.

if you are talking about the SMP combo in extend yes you cant do it anymore.

Bastards.

Why can't we be broken? ='(

o_o i feel ur pain dawg...

What you mean? I could never pull off the SMP combo so it really doesn't affect me xD

What you mean? I could never pull off the SMP combo so it really doesn't affect me xD

I never cared or used SMP myself o_o

the fact that people used/liked it kinda makes me feel sick >.>

i admit it had it's uses (like 7k right or is that too high, i forget somewhere give or take 1.5k) but i just never used it.

Damage is damage, and the foe deserves it for getting ch 6b in the corner anyway.

That being said, though it is easy albeit situational, I find myself not doing it either. I like to play with my meal before devouring it.

I like to play with my meal before devouring it.

I knew there was a reason i liked you ^__^

Damage is damage, and the foe deserves it for getting ch 6b in the corner anyway.

That being said, though it is easy albeit situational, I find myself not doing it either. I like to play with my meal before devouring it.

I feel the same way.. why do an SMP spamming 5A when i can Whack you with the stick a couple more times ......

Shoot.....Them new BBCP sounds are going make whacking people so much more fun... *WHAM!*

I feel the same way.. why do an SMP spamming 5A when i can Whack you with the stick a couple more times ......

Shoot.....Them new BBCP sounds are going make whacking people so much more fun... *WHAM!*

eeyup

Hell yeah, them balloonz poppin gon make shyt funsz

The fact that your playing another character thats not Litchi makes me sick >.>

The fact that your playing another character thats not Litchi makes me sick >.>

o_o .....................Okay.... (Nice Signature Plat/Litchii user :8/: )

have the right opportunity for dmg > do the best thing

...not so difficult

Care to expand on this? Or do you want me to try to explain what *I* think that means? :)

"What is best" (lol what does this even mean) isn't the same as "creating good situations". As Litchi you need to squeeze out damage, but the thing is unless you create situations where you can do that you end up having no control over the match and literally scraping the bottom and working way too hard or you end up like me and never getting any opportunities to do good damage because your opponent is controlling everything you do in some way.

You have to constantly have to be looking out about how to make situations of different kinds. You can't space out at all or just expect to get optimum damage off X and go home. What about what happens after, what about where litchi lands? What happens and where are both players after they tech? Nobody tells you *why* we do things like enders and which but it's so important because of what happens after. These things have a lot of advantages after, some of them don't and leave you really exposed.

"There are no BnBs...only situations."

Edited by Star-Demon

Part of Litchi's power as a character is the fact that you are almost always put in a controlling situation for even tapping your opponent. The theory behind doing the best combo possible isn't really a secret...

Tbh though if you grab a 6B[m] CH in the corner with 50+ meter, wouldn't it be best to go for SMP regardless? The only reason I can see you not doing it if you know they will burst after you wasted that 50 meter for rapid and you really need the meter to allow you to gain advantage over your opponent in neutral after the burst.

Litchi has a variety of enders, which all do different things; catch rolls, meter oki traps, mix-up set-ups, most damage, etc. It all comes down to what you feel is best for the current situation.

o_o .....................Okay.... (Nice Signature Plat/Litchii user :8/: )

Just cuz they in mah sig dunt mean i play dem bruv, u crazy :3

Edited by Kujikawa

Part of Litchi's power as a character is the fact that you are almost always put in a controlling situation for even tapping your opponent. The theory behind doing the best combo possible isn't really a secret...

I could write a computer program that could build combos off Proration values and tables, provided some time making relation lists in order to hold up a few quality problems. But that to me is missing the point and your position and advantage is just not appreciated.

But hey, maybe I'm just that horrible and it's easy to take for granted for anyone beyond my level.

Edited by Star-Demon

The only reason I can see you not doing it if you know they will burst after you wasted that 50 meter for rapid

or you just don't know how to do the SMP combo period. I know i have trouble pulling it off so i just don't do it

Edit: HOLY MOTHER OF INVINCIBILITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Re_OmM0cqV0#t=177s

Edited by E3vE3 WAZ HEA