Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freezerburn

Ottawa: Why have fundamentals when you have gimmicks?

So I spent like 4 hours grinding Millia today while testing new arcade sticks. Apparently, my right dashing is worse than my left dashing.

Or, I could just be tired as fuck.

To be fair, it IS perfectly normal to be a bit better on one side of the screen than the other I think. And I've been seeing a bunch of Izayoi footage and people describe her as either Wesker x Aigis, or Chipp x I-No, both of which are "holy crap" explanations, and some players have called her "problematic". I kinda doubt it's THAT bad on an Aigis scale, but I'd imagine the newbies might either pick her to spam teleports, or complain about her being "super cheap".

The thing that keeps me from playing I-No: always missing my HCL's while facing left.

EDIT: That said, she's going to be worth learning with the +R buffs.

There hasn't been a set date just yet as far as I'm concerned, but I'm sure FreezerB'll get on it shortly if he hasn't already.

So, have we got a date set for the grind sessions or are those for after the new year?

Yeah, I'm aiming after the new year, as right now, there's a lot of holiday stuff that most of us are going through (exams definitely being one of them).

I'm hoping the Algonquin Tuesdays and HQ Thursdays would be the most optimal days though.

Which of the HQ sticks works on PS3? I don't think I want to try and play GG on hitbox, the halfcircle inputs are really difficult.

I THINK there's a Qanba stick there unless I'm mistaken? And I always bring my PS3 stick with me whenever I go anyway.

Which of the HQ sticks works on PS3? I don't think I want to try and play GG on hitbox, the halfcircle inputs are really difficult.

The Blazblue stick is dual modded with auto-detection so you can just plug it in and go. There's also the PS3 Round 1 TE.

I need to play KoFXIII again. Shame nearly no one in MTL does...

Any of you guys play Gundam EXVS?

We have a guy here who loves KOF, to the point where he makes other people play it. So I play it only with normals.

There was someone else I knew that went to MAD that was from Ottawa who went to play Gundam but he was an acquaintance of someone that came to Ottawa HQ infrequently.

Oh, I forgot about that Round 1 TE. And yeah, that KOF guy we got loves the game, and I don't blame him. I keep semi wanting to try more to learn it.

I think there were some Ottawa ppl for KOF at MAD. It was pretty hype.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, that sounds right. MAD was so damn hype even though LordKnight bodied everybody at BB. I'm hoping BBCP comes out as soon as at all possible over here because good lord is that game looking godlike. And those Noel combos....daaaaaamn.

Since the Blazblue stick is dual modded, I've gone ahead and modded one of the Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom sticks with Seimitsu parts. It works well with the Wii > USB adapter. I'm modding another one just in case everyone forgets to bring a PS3 stick.

Since the Blazblue stick is dual modded, I've gone ahead and modded one of the Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom sticks with Seimitsu parts. It works well with the Wii > USB adapter. I'm modding another one just in case everyone forgets to bring a PS3 stick.

Oh sweet. I honestly didn't know you could dual mod Wii sticks like that.

Still no sign of Skullgirls patch on my Xbox. :vbang:

More time to focus exclusively on GG at least! :keke: Not sure why I had never played around with Robo-Ky. His meter building is kind of awkward, but if any of you ever let me land a Gold Burst with him, I swear you'll regret it.

Man, the only experience I've had with Robo-Ky in GG is messing around and going "holy shit! Missile COMBOS INTO ITSELF!!".

Godlike.

We have a guy here who loves KOF, to the point where he makes other people play it. So I play it only with normals.

There was someone else I knew that went to MAD that was from Ottawa who went to play Gundam but he was an acquaintance of someone that came to Ottawa HQ infrequently.

Someone please get me in touch with that guy.

I'll be at HQ tonight. There is a tournament going on but host might let us have a station for side games. KOF and some Blazblue or GG if someone wants to play a newb. I've been craving some Blazblue lately. When the new one comes out I think I'm going to pick the most obscure character I can get my hands on.

I'm ImperialSport on XBL.

Is someone able to point me towards a summary of these new BB characters' playstyles? Any of them have something extra to control on screen like Carl/Litchi/Zappa/Eddie/Bridget/Fortune?

Also, I'll soon have a second dual-modded stick. I just ordered one of the last of these. :yaaay:

Hey guys, nice to see some of you did a thread Ottawa, hope i will be able to play with some of you in the future or PSN.

Edit: also who using the avatar of valkenhayn/Slayer in CSI style, dont remember the name but this picture is genius.

Hey guys, nice to see some of you did a thread Ottawa, hope i will be able to play with some of you in the future or PSN.

Edit: also who using the avatar of valkenhayn in CSI style, dont remember the name but this picture is genius.

That'd be cool. I'm normally on PSN and sometimes play with a couple of people from Montreal anyway (though I have a tendency to leave my PS3 on when I'm not there, so I usually say "if I'm not listed as playing a game for 10 minutes, then I'm not at my PS3"), so if you wanted to add me, feel free.

I will for sure, at the moment i just dont have Extend, maybe lucky this Xmas i will get it.