Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freezerburn

Ottawa: Why have fundamentals when you have gimmicks?

Oh right, I forgot about that. My bad.

Edit: Also, ImperialSport, I think I found that KOF guy Freezerburn was talking about over on DreamCancel. I believe he goes by the name "TheHungryWolf" and he's also from Ottawa, so I can try to get him over here and involved in BB/GG too if you'd want.

Essay's daily GG Training update:

If you ever want to feel like you've conquered adversity, get the following techniques down with I-No...

1) j.D kara-FD-cancelled High-Jump Hops (191D~K+S... without ever bursting with D+K/S of course!)

2) Hover Dash cancelled into IAD (6[6]][956)

3) Falling j.Note > FRC > airdash > ambiguous cross-up (knockdown, 21478P 22 FRC 66... profit)

4) TK'd horizontal Chemical Love > FRC > airdash > combo (632149K 6FRC6 j.S... profit)

I'm finally getting all of that consistent in training mode. Now, whether or not I can pull them off in a match, well, I'll have to wait and see. (Come on, body. Heal faster.) At least the AI in this game replicates the pace well enough....

Edit: Also, ImperialSport, I think I found that KOF guy Freezerburn was talking about over on DreamCancel. I believe he goes by the name "TheHungryWolf" and he's also from Ottawa, so I can try to get him over here and involved in BB/GG too if you'd want.

At the very least, I want. The more the merrier, I say.

Aight, I PM'd him back and mentioned the thread to him. He's a PSN guy, but I figure that won't really affect stuff if he shows up at HQ.

He's a PSN guy, but I figure that won't really affect stuff if he shows up at HQ.

PSN guy? Clearly he'll never earn the approval of HQ unless he gives up on Sony. :lol:

Seriously, we'll be good to play on whatever console I'm sure. I'll have two dual-modded sticks, and Johnny's got a selection too. At worst, the Tekken guys compete for the PS3 and we displace one of the Capcom games from an Xbox (or I bring my own, which seems to happen a lot). Only problem arises if someone needs to play on something fancy like a left-handed hitbox, *cough* Krackatoa

PSN guy? Clearly he'll never earn the approval of HQ unless he gives up on Sony. :lol:

Seriously, we'll be good to play on whatever console I'm sure. I'll have two dual-modded sticks, and Johnny's got a selection too. At worst, the Tekken guys compete for the PS3 and we displace one of the Capcom games from an Xbox (or I bring my own, which seems to happen a lot). Only problem arises if someone needs to play on something fancy like a left-handed hitbox, *cough* Krackatoa

Oh please, I refuse to buy a 360 and likely the NextBox because I refuse to pay an additional like monthly price to take my console online. And left handed hit box? That sounds awesome since more lefties is always better.

And left handed hit box? That sounds awesome since more lefties is always better.

It is pretty awesome. Go to one of the Algonquin meets if only to see dat tech.

Edit: Wait, is Krackatoa a leftie? His hitbox had some complicated origin story about coming into being from him learning fighting games on keyboard IIRC.

Ask me about my Kamehameha.

Anyone showing up today? I am thinking of braving the weather.

NM, yesterday was HQ's last day for the year.

EDIT:

Freezer says I can run HQ today. I would do it if people want to come out. Does anyone else want to play?

Anyone showing up today? I am thinking of braving the weather.

NM, yesterday was HQ's last day for the year.

EDIT:

Freezer says I can run HQ today. I would do it if people want to come out. Does anyone else want to play?

I endorse this. If people want to grind while the world ends by snow (seriously, there is so much snow right now), how can I refuse?

ding

Will, watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I83GsQGg6U

I probably would, but the weather's terri-bad and my car's winter tires are crap since I didn't take them off in spring/summer so I probably shouldn't be doing the 45 minute drive to HQ and back.

So, I probably should've asked this earlier but, even though it might be obvious in cases like ImperialSport and myself, who does everyone play, for organizational sake?

So, I'm feeling experimental and am ordering one of these Cronus Cross-Over dual-mod USB adapters instead of the dual mod pcb. It's advertised as having about 2.5 milliseconds of delay (a fraction of a frame), so it should be good for our games. I'm skeptical because there's not that much consensus in the FGC on it, save a few that swear by it and a bunch that complained about its initial price tag (which has since dropped 25%). But, hey, if this thing works, it's the easiest dual-mod solution ever, so we're going to have to test it out.

who does everyone play, for organizational sake?

GG: Zappa, but I've put a bit of time over the years into everyone except Potemkin, Johnny, Ky, Order Sol, and Chipp

SG: Ms. Fortune solo

BB: Haven't played since CS1, but I want to give Litchi (my old main) and the new characters a shot in the next version

P4A: Just fucked around a bit with Yosuke (gliding is fuun)

VSav: Hsien-Ko, Felicia... plus a bit of Saskquatch, Zombie, Fish and the succubi

And then there's my Vega in AE, Elena in 3S, and Felicia+random select in Marvel, which some of the HQ and barfights people might remember better. :lol:

even though it might be obvious in cases like ImperialSport and myself

You should refresh our memory, or at least mine before I start guessing wrong.

I totally forgot about P4A since I haven't played that in a while, but I play Narukami in it and used to play Yukiko. As for BB, I'm a Noel main through and through and most likely will be as long as there's a Noel to play as. And I admittedly kinda figured ImperialSport played Hazama judging by his avatar.

I totally forgot about P4A since I haven't played that in a while, but I play Narukami in it and used to play Yukiko. As for BB, I'm a Noel main through and through and most likely will be as long as there's a Noel to play as. And I admittedly kinda figured ImperialSport played Hazama judging by his avatar.

Avatar is probably not the best way to judge things. He plays Arakune in BB. I play A.B.A. in GG.

Avatar is probably not the best way to judge things. He plays Arakune in BB. I play A.B.A. in GG.

Meh, I'd been up till like 3:30 AM Friday night so was tired as hell and not thinking straight all yesterday, lol.

Late, but hopefully everyone had a good Christmas and I'm certainly hoping we can get some holiday sessions going.