C0R

[CP] µ12: Combo Index

Well in other news I found a way to max out damage on OD short bomb loops in corner -> when they're low and 5d 214d won't catch them anymore, chances are you can still get 5d 5]d[ 214d(2), and if you can get 5d 5]d[ 214d(2-4), you can instead do 5d 4d 5]d[ 236d(12) sj2c omoi. (OD command laser will hit them 3 x 4 hits, leaves them floating above 4d stein.) its the best od damage I've managed on a short combo.

So I got a couple of questions with combos that use Ikutatchi, of off like 6C during combos like 3C RC 5C 6C or 6B 6C, I have some instances where when I try to backdash I can't get Mu to cross back and I just end up backdashing into my opponent, this doesn't happen when I practice in training mode but I've had it happen during matches, so what was I doing wrong for Mu now to be able to cross back? My other question is after 6C Ikutactchi when I do micro dash 3C to IAD jB jC j2C, I usually have a hard time getting them to hit, some instances I get jB and jC to hit and get 2C cause I already landed, should I be hitting jB as I IAD or what is it I need to do? The IAD part I can do, just hitting them afterwards is my problem.

If you don't cross them up with ikutachi, it means your opponent was too close to you when you started ikutachi.
You can actually force this situation by delaying the ikutachi after 6C on fat characters. In those situations you follow up with land 5B 2C j2C -> what ever you were going to pretty much do.

If you don't cross them up with ikutachi, it means your opponent was too close to you when you started ikutachi.

You can actually force this situation by delaying the ikutachi after 6C on fat characters. In those situations you follow up with land 5B 2C j2C -> what ever you were going to pretty much do.

So how close is to close when you do that?

I'm new to Mu and I'm still not sure about some things about her. How come her BnB that includes either 6B > 6C or 5C > 6C into ikutachi require a crouch confirm or anti air? I understand that it's because of move proration (?), but doesn't that defeat the purpose of a BnB? :\ sorry for my ignorance on this subject..

I'm new to Mu and I'm still not sure about some things about her. How come her BnB that includes either 6B > 6C or 5C > 6C into ikutachi require a crouch confirm or anti air? I understand that it's because of move proration (?), but doesn't that defeat the purpose of a BnB? :\ sorry for my ignorance on this subject..

Because the hitstun on a crouching or aerial opponent or from counter hits are higher

Normally 5c has 19f of hitstun, while 6c has a startup of 20f.

However 6b>6c will normally combo because 6b forces a crouching state

crouching opponents have 2 additional and aerial have 5 additional frames before they can require I believe.

So basically you need to force your opponent into a crouching state or AA for the 6C > tachi route? I'm just a little concerened about the gatlings into it, like 2A > 6B. I set the opponent in training mode to block after first hit and every time tachi was blocked. Does that mean I just have to choose a mid screen BnB that doesn't inckude 6B > tachi on standing opponents?

And thanks for the explanations, bakahyl and Runis.

So basically you need to force your opponent into a crouching state or AA for the 6C > tachi route? I'm just a little concerened about the gatlings into it, like 2A > 6B. I set the opponent in training mode to block after first hit and every time tachi was blocked. Does that mean I just have to choose a mid screen BnB that doesn't inckude 6B > tachi on standing opponents?

And thanks for the explanations, bakahyl and Runis.

I've watched the basic and intermediate combo video but all the BnBs require crouching confirm or AA. Are there any decent damage mid screen combos on any standing opponents? For now I've just been defaulting to 5B > 5C > 3C > SoD

Decent damage on standing requires a rapid cancel or overdrive cancel.
XX > 3C > RC/ODC >  5C > 6C etc.

yup :D

Usually I do something like 2b/5b 5C 3C as a hitconfirm into RC combo.
If 3C will whiff, you can instead do 5C SoD RC dash 6C pickup instead.

Okay ^^ so RC's are pretty important for mu then.. Better get used to it then, since Millia needs a lot of RRC's too

Thanks again!

Mu's meter should really only be used for RC and CA. Only use a super if it'll kill or you have 4 steins behind them and they have no anti-projectile stuff that will mess with your pressure after mirror. She does have an easy as to combo into astral though (3C astral, air hit J2C dash 3C astral, and in corner air hit j2c straight astral)

Just remember if you intend to DP and RC to make it safe, hit 5C after, since you can combo from DP 5C 6C into a short combo. If you're going to ikutachi to get out of corner off this, imo do ikutachi 2B 6A SoD.

Ok, thanks for the tips!

How about reversal options for Mu? I see a lot of people use omo, but I haven't really noticed anything else..

This kind of discussion feels like it belongs more in the general gameplay thread, continue there if you still have questions. Still answering here so you can find it, but I'll prob copy-paste this somewhere else after.

Omo and DP both have their uses, there's also the universal mechanics like backdash, and more advanced techniques like fuzzy jump that can be added. Always important to vary your wakeup itself (vary the delay, occasional roll or quick getup. rolls are especially strong midscreen) too, as since your reversals can be safejumped, you want to make it hard for them to do so.

Omohikane has lots of invincibility and more range than DP. The superflash however means that if the opponent was going to delay (or mistime) their meaty, they can reconsider or kara cancel into barrier during the super flash if it isn't too late. It's also slow enough that it's not hard to safejump. If it's blocked you need 100 meter to stay safe, which can be kind of hard. Due to the superflash, the opponent might do something to make it whiff, and then you won't even be able to RC. Strong threat against Valk since he'll usually meaty at a safe distance where DP won't hit him, but super will reach, he can't block in wolf form, and the superflash can cause his OS to work against him. Don't abuse, can be called out.

DP doesn't cost 50 meter, so you can RC to make it safe on block, or get a combo into a setup on hit. The range is pretty bad though, and it has a slow startup, so a standard safejump will beat it, the opponent can time a meaty to be safe (kind of like against Jin's C DP). Really great against doll meaties (carl, relius, even rachel's george), as you can "guarantee" that your DP will hit something, allowing you to RC even if it doesn't hit the character, and then pick your escape.

Backdash is kind of what makes Mu's defensive options decent, as the opponent usually has to go out of their way to bait it (meaning they'll be vulnerable to the other options). It moves back kind of quickly and far, so even if the invuln frames don't look impressive (1-5 inv, 22 total), it's strong. Also doesn't put you airborne, which can reduce the rewards on certain characters calling it out. A successful backdash that makes a move whiff will usually put you at a range where 5c is strong, which is a great plus. An OS I like doing with backdash is if I think my opponent might cross me up on his oki, I tap 446AB or 664AB. I either get backdash or barrier. Doesn't work if the setup is perfectly meaty, but being able to delay your tech makes it rather hard for them to do so.

Fuzzy jump is the other solid option in my opinion. It's a technique where you hold down back, then tap up back during the gaps in your opponent's blockstrings, and then quickly down-back again. That way, if there is no gap, you don't jump, and don't expose yourself to low attacks (like up-back would). If there is a gap (ex: opponent does 2a throw), you jump away. Vulnerable to frame traps, but you can backdash those, so whatever. Although it's not a reversal option, I felt like mentioning it, as it's something to consider on your defence too.

Then in the more gimmicky and fun stuff, you can do wakeup j.2c which is great at calling out opponents who will delay their meaty to call out your backdash, or meaty throw. Some people like to jump in as if they were going to safejump your DP, then jump back with the intention of making it whiff once you have 50 meter. You can call this out with wakeup jump throw, or just do nothing then dash forward and anti-air them as they won't have their air options. You can also wakeup 2a, and I do it sometimes if I feel my opponent is too scared of something or sloppy, but the risk/reward really doesn't compare with the other options I've mentioned.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, pochp. ^^' I'll continue in the general gameplay thread if I have further questions. But thanks for replying!

Mu in corner

6CFC>5[D]>iadj.B>j.C>66>6A(crossunder)>SoD(Max)>66>2B>2C>sj.2C>j.d>2B>5C>2C>j.C>j.2C

Opponent in corner:

6CFC>5[D]>SoD>665C>214[D](Max)>CT>2C>sj.2C>2B>6A>2C>j.C>j.2C>3C>632146C (7138)

6764 damage if you replace CT with 5C and last 6A with 5C

6CFC>5[D]>SoD>665C>5[D]>CT>5C>214[D](Max)>2C>j.C>j.2C>3C>632146C (7751)