C0R

[CP] µ12: Combo Index

Question concerning this combo: (corner) 2b 5b SOD 5c 2c j.2c 2b 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 6a 2c sj.2c

I'm having trouble landing the final sj.2c, it has something to do with the laser hitting the opponent before I hit the sj.2c, but I can't figure out where I need to delay an attack.

no, do 2c as late as possible. you want to use 6a's long untechable time, so that you can get the laser to fire slightly after 2c hits.

So I've seen a few different 6B starter combos in the corner, which is the most optimal?

The reliable combo I've been doing for decent damage is

6b > 6c > (CT >) SoD > 66a > 5c > 2c > sj.2c > j.5d > 2b > 5c > 2c > j.c > j.2c

If you want to bump up the damage a bit you can do the crush trigger for an extra 300~

Yeah I've been doing that since I first started out. I figured there was a combo with better oki?

in terms of oki, the ikutachi 5d 6[D] setup gives the best, but its not a safe jump so they can call you out with a DP, but out side of them doing a reversal it gives the best of everything. (Including a 5k roll punish and an 8-11k guard crush OD combo)
Otherwise you probably should look into some of the safe jump setups.

Actually the j.c > j.2c > j.5d > j.2d setup gives you the best overall oki, allowing for not only a safejump, but also guaranteeing a reliable mixup, in the addition to the considerably respectable damage upgrade.

I'm more referring to the fact that you can do very discreet side swaps with the ikutachi version. Unless your opponent knows the setup and distances, you can land backwards (initially looks like you land with them in corner) on their neutral tech and hit them with a backwards facing 3C RC 6A into combo. It also messes with reversal inputs except for Tager, Hakumen, Rachel and Kagura.

Regarding the combo in this video here : http://youtu.be/J_GSWGOJsQE @ 4:01

I'm having an inconsistent time getting the 3C at the end to connect before my opponent recovers. I notice that when 3C doesn't connect, it's because I'm too far away after I land from j.2C. Can I lean forward during j.C > j.2C, or do I have to stay still?

Regarding the combo in this video here : http://youtu.be/J_GSWGOJsQE @ 4:01

I'm having an inconsistent time getting the 3C at the end to connect before my opponent recovers. I notice that when 3C doesn't connect, it's because I'm too far away after I land from j.2C. Can I lean forward during j.C > j.2C, or do I have to stay still?

You have to do a mini microdash so you slide forward with the 3C, It took me a while to get that setup down.

If you do forward jump cancel jC > j2C immediately after the 5[D], you should always be close enough to connect the 3C. I mean, I suppose you can do a microdash 3C too but that's just making the combo needlessly complicated.

If you do forward jC > j2C immediately after the 5[D], you should always be close enough to connect the 3C. I mean, I suppose you can do a microdash 3C too but that's just making the combo needlessly complicated.

Meh, I always viewed it as a mini dash. Listen to Zeromus though, he's more right. ^^;

I haven't seen the last 3c whiff because Mu's 3c has fairly good hitbox.

Aside from zeromus' suggestion , are you correctly adding a microdash after 6c > CT?

The closer you can get after CT, the less likely that your 3c at the end won't connect

edit: personally i don't like using up the steins for habakiri at the end of that combo, but i suppose that combo was the max damage 5c punish on kokonoe's superball

Yeah, the explosion was mostly to show max damage (pre-super), the combo still works without it, where you'd do 3c laser hit j.2c instead. Though lately, I've been doing setups that create 4 steins after the j.2c ender anyway, so using the explosion doesn't seem like an issue any more.

if you want to call out someone airdashing forward:

2d5d>j.C>j.2C>j.2d+]2d[>]5d[>Tachi>j.5D+]j.2d[>445C>2C>j.C>j.B+]j.5D[>j.2C

it just looks cool is all. Not the most optimal punish. You can get much better damage off of an antiair or a standard combo.

What sort of things can you do after OD.ComboX > airhit 6b 4d jb j214d? other than 4d jc j2c 2c omoi? trying to work on a solid OD in reaction to superball punish. So far its just OD 2C 4D 214D get hit 5C 6C CT 66B 4D jb 214D 4D jC j2C 2C OD.Omoi for 7.2k
I can also get 66A 6B instead of 5C 6C just wondering what I can do with that.

I reallllly like that combo Nemi did at EVO against that Azrael player. Does anyone have the notation for that? I want to try it in training mode.

For any combo involving a landing dash (xx>j.2C>662B>xx, xx>j.2C>663C>xx, etc.), is it possible to enter the dash immediately before landing, or does it need to be done after landing?

For any combo involving a landing dash (xx>j.2C>662B>xx, xx>j.2C>663C>xx, etc.), is it possible to enter the dash immediately before landing, or does it need to be done after landing?

I think the timing is on landing, you can't preemptively dash afaik. Something I've noticed since upgrading my TV, TV lag changes things considerably, and I find it much easier on a 0 lag tv compared to my friend's 52inch plasma for example.

iirc there's a buffer similar to buttons, so probably 3f. The input for the dash itself is kind of lenient, it's just the second forward motion that needs to be timed well.

Yeah I think you're right about the buffer, but that's only for moving forward, not dashes. so you get a slight bit of leniency in the first input.