Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eien_tsubasa XD

Slayer vs. Robo Ky

anything in particular you would like to know about his match up? here's a few things about roboky that seem to be problematic. 5D - other than raoh, this is like the fastest dust in the game. you'll have to practice to block this. the only thing good about it is that if you do block it, you can punish it with bbu. look for roboky players to try to stick this into the end of block strings. repeated 5k's will usually be followed by this as well. the other thing to remember is roboky impossible dust is burst safe, so depending on what combo they do after 5D, you probably don't want to burst here. (if they start hitting you with the helicopter thing you can obviously burst) 5HS - comes out in 5 frames. you will see this moves used sooner or later in the match as it is the fastest move he has (tied with 5k). thing to know about this move is that the recovery is huge. if the roboky does not frc this move, even if it hits you (unless it's a ch or air hit) you can punish with bbu horse and robo dash - generally you should not mess with either of these moves. you can beat horse with 6p if you predict it and stick 6p out but it's usually too slow to do on reaction. you can also catch the end of it with bbu, but if you mess the timing up, you go through each other and he recovers first so this is pretty risky. if roboky is running towards you, bocking or getting out of the way is what you generally want to do because robo dash is probably coming. what i usually do if i think either of these moves is coming is to jump straight up and do hs as i'm falling back down. this will net you counter hit hs bounce if the timing and spacing is right and is fairly safe. steam and f.S - these generally will out poke you and beat out 2d. roboky sticks out f.s if he predicts you will 2d so be careful with that. steam usually comes with the roboky's heat lvl is getting too high. you can bbu right through the steam for a counter hit. bazooka - roboky will do this to lock you down (usually on oki). best thing to do vs this is to reversal back dash and 1 frame jump on wakeup missles - be careful approaching robo ky when he has tension because he will often spam missles. if you see him jump straight up while away from you. often it will be missle spam. you can mappa underneath these to get to him and he is very vulnerable if you do. be careful of the bottom missle coming back and hitting you though as the tracking on it is pretty great. command throw - roboky command throw is pretty annoying. only thing i can say about this is that it will often be after a run because you will normally want to block robo dash. if you see the roboky put a mat down when he gets to you, command throw is probably coming. knee rocket - this is a projectile anti air that you have to fd block. look out of this any time you jump towards him or are approaching from far away. they will use this to try to beat your mappa as well. be tricky with your jump in's or you'll eat a lot of these. air game - roboky pretty much will beat you in the air unless you stick out j.k much earlier than him. i wouldn't recommend trying to fight him air to air. lows - you can beat all his lows pretty much with 2hs. learn when he he's going to do lows and use 2hs to counter hit them into big combos. and finally learn the character specific combos for him. robo ky is really heavy so he's somewhat hard to combo (but this also means there are combos that are easier on him than other people, ex: 5hs relaunches and 5hs pb enders are easy on him)

Some things to add to deci's post: Watch out on waking him up when he has 50% tension. He becomes infinitely more dangerous w/ his 3f SRK. Also, if he IB your 5S,S string, he can SRK any link. TK missile spamming-If he does this from just about any distance, and you have 50% tension, you get a free DoT if you're fast enough. RK cannot jump in on you w/o a missile putting you in block stun. 5P and 2S beats any concievable move in his jumping arsenal, unless he does a VERY far j.HS or j.S, which you can just 6P or BBU. You have nothing for Robo Dash. NOTHING. FD jump or block it. If you can do IAD j.K loops, DO THEM. RK has the 2nd (or 3rd, can't remember) highest vit. in the game, but IAD j.K loops will make him cry.

input form a robo player: robo dash: easily avoided via backdash if he does it at the same time he would do on other characters... if he late times it to try and beat your backdash, you can usually punish before it goes active 2hs as a antiair goes on 1 angle, its not the easiest thing to hit for good anti air if you iad in, but 6p might cover that instead... but you wanna go high on a jump in, 2hs is a set angle.. and its not the hardest thing to avoid, especially if you try to air-dash as a cross up or just to get in melee range.... the activation isnt lightning quick and its hard to do it on reaction

Robo... I play this matchup a lot and it's a lot of 2HS and 6P. 2S oki is also good. Eat a DP every now and then so you can get half life on him with a 2S CH via IB. Deci, I 6P his horsey on reaction.. When you have him in the corner, it's the same as fighting sol or ky. Just bait special moves. 6P beats horsey, 2H beats his 2K, IB the DP and you've got a half life combo off any of these hits. Pilebunker loop is easy on him. During spacing/zoning, 5K, 2P, 2K and 2S are your friends. Don't bother jumping or blocking robo dash because you can BDC pilebunker/crosswise once he gets close. Every robo ky loves 2K 2S mat. Most robo ky's also base their mixup off delaying 2S or doing command throw. You can IB the 2K and BDC mappa the 2S. You can also straight up SB the 2S and punish mat with anything you want. SBing his shit really takes away most of his mixup/pressure game. Ok, this matchup breaks down into... Baiting his DP into half life 2HSing his 2K into half life SBing his 2S into half life 6Ping horsey into half life I REALLY like to crank the gaurd gauge in this matchup because all of the moves to CH robo lead to huge combos and if the GG is cranked, it's GG. I'll seriously throw out 6HS, 2P 6HS until it's flashing and ALWAYS try to CH his solution to it. also, 5K P mappa, BDC mappa, BDC mappa will crank GG hardcore and deal with any poke he tries to throw out after mappa.

screw it all, i will just intentionally mess up combos 3X times and reset robo 3X times and win :V...

...j/k :vbang:

lol you mean like when you did that to stormlocke at the ffa tourney? haha

mac that's some good stuff in your post. i'll have to try it out.

as for horse. mostly i see lvl 2 and lvl 3 horse (lvl 1 horse is pretty damn easy to 6p on reaction but who uses lvl 1 horse?) i can 6p lvl 2 and 3 horsey on reaction only when they do it from somewhat of a distance. then again my reaction time is not very good. often i will do it slightly late and we will pass through each other. from the distance that the rb's i play against throw it. it's very hard for me to reliably react to it (for ch anyway), but i can predict it decently.

another fun thing to do is if roboky ever does the bazooka thing and it's not meaty on wake up. you can 6p through it on reaction or better yet, you can just bbu right through it.

screw it all, i will just intentionally mess up combos 3X times and reset robo 3X times and win :V......j/k :vbang:

Don't joke about WINNING STRATEGIES!

I play against deci all the time so I can vouch for the effectiveness of what he has posted. For the longest time I could also vouch for the effectiveness of Robo's 5d too. :lol:

Also don't use Mappa or 2d as openers. Dontuel found that Robot can open with 5k spam to stuff either of these, while having ample time to react to most anything else.

but who uses lvl 1 horse?

/raises hand in shame

lolz just kidding, its mainly as a joke when i do.... its funny sometimes as a oki though... but hell no to usin it for seriuos reasons ever

Don't joke about WINNING STRATEGIES!

I play against deci all the time so I can vouch for the effectiveness of what he has posted. For the longest time I could also vouch for the effectiveness of Robo's 5d too. :lol:

Also don't use Mappa or 2d as openers. Dontuel found that Robot can open with 5k spam to stuff either of these, while having ample time to react to anything else.

bah stupid 5D!!!!

purrin still hits me with it :(

oh and as for dontuel's 5k spam opening... what i do is 2s on my opening which beats it :)