Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

Philly Thread 2.0: Nukige of the Month Club

GGs to everyone I played.

I apologize for wasting your time with my awful Tager.

Dude, don't even sweat it. We all have to start somewhere. I was probably worse than all of you when I started playing 3s lol.

Just don't be afraid to ask questions or feel bad about asking for games. We're all here to play either way, so make the most of it!

Good games to everyone, #WhensLoveMax etc etc. Don't forget that our monthly is coming up the 31st! There's a thread for it in the events subforum, so check that for info. If any of you newer guys have any interest in playing fgs competitively I highly recommend coming out and entering. Adjusting to the different pressures of playing in a tournament setting (even if it's just a goofy monthly with your locals) really helps to put everything you've learned/need to learn into frame, and how to deal with and adjust to playstyles on the fly.

Of course you're more than welcome to come out and just hang out, just my two cents

I think I'll go, considering I've been seeing some improvement in my netplay games against SoulGuitarist. But that whole ride thing >.>

You mean the 31st. 

Yeah that's what I meant. w/e the thread has the right date

I'll try to go to. I kinda feel bad because I wanted to go to the past 2 but stuff came up. I really want to go to this and @LambdaNu, If no one offers a ride, I might be able to get you one but I'm not sure yet because of my parent's schedule and all that. >.>

Quite a few of us will be at Summer Jam, I will be running tournaments (AH3LM, UNIEL), nadakai will be helping me with streaming, and a lot of the other Philly regulars. I hope someone will buy me pizza at Summer Jam that'd be pretty cool. Pizza at majors is sorta cool, especially when I can eat it while I run brackets.

Summer Jam is gonna be fucking crazy.

Forgot to post here but ggs for Saturday guys!

Please try to make it to our monthly and Summer Jam! Summer Jam especially is a lot of fun and a great experience! Big E knows how to run a good event!

Quite a few of us will be at Summer Jam, I will be running tournaments (AH3LM, UNIEL), nadakai will be helping me with streaming, and a lot of the other Philly regulars. I hope someone will buy me pizza at Summer Jam that'd be pretty cool. Pizza at majors is sorta cool, especially when I can eat it while I run brackets.

Summer Jam is gonna be fucking crazy.

If I go, I will spot you pizza.

Summer Jam is a maybe for me. Just got a new job and trying to stockpile those pto days for nec and other occasions.

If you haven't been to a major, I recommend going to Summer Jam. If you wanna play good players, they'll be there. And if you wanna yuck it up, you can get waffle chicken tenders with your dakis.

Anyone feel like going to TSB this Saturday? I'll be driving up, so let me know if you want to carpool or whatev, I have room for four besides myself.

Hiya! This isn't my first time posting in the topic, but I was reading it and saw people doing, like, introductions? And I'm not smart, so it never occurred to me to introduce myself. So now I'm gonna shamelessly copy someone else's bio thing they did, and fill it out.

Characters:

GGXXAC+R: Bridget

BBCP: I put no time into BBCP, but when I do, I play Kokonoe, because I don't want to play it, and I need a character as disinterested in playing the game as me

AH3: Maori with the Arcana of Never Using Homing and Doing BC Super

Other Games: ST, DoA5U, SCV, 3s, VSav, name a game and I probably have at least a passing interest in playing it!
Extra notes: Sloths move so slow, they grow algae on their back, which acts as camouflage for them

I'm that person who's just kinda been showing up at Philly majors out of the blue for a year with that girl everyone's friends with on Twitter who happens to be my younger sister, in case that rings any bells. I also went to NY with some of you for the last TSB. I don't seem to make much of an impression, so maybe none of that will ring any bells for anyone!

I haven't been going to any Philly locals because I can't drive, so I've just been making the effort to get out to majors. But I'm gonna be on the road sometime this summer, and plan to try to make it out to some locals. And that aside, I've met some of you a few times now, so I figured I should introduce myself more formally! Sooo... hi, everyone!

I put no time into BBCP, but when I do, I play Kokonoe, because I don't want to play it, and I need a character as disinterested in playing the game as me

This is brutally honest, and I appreciate that.

I should probably go back and add the new players to the first post lol.

<edit> New players added.

Anyone feel like going to TSB this Saturday? I'll be driving up, so let me know if you want to carpool or whatev, I have room for four besides myself.

prrrooooobbbaablly. I just might have money to pay for gas/food. 

BBCP: I put no time into BBCP, but when I do, I play Kokonoe, because I don't want to play it, and I need a character as disinterested in playing the game as me

I fucking love you already

I haven't been to any majors. I was going to go to Winter Brawl but I didn't feel confident in my skill level at that time. School was really killing me at that point. I played alot of people who compete in majors though but that's about it.

I will probably will be only be able to attend tournaments in Philly, New Jersey, and New York. As a student saving up for a car and a new PC for design classes, I am unable to travel further than that.

The only majors in those areas are Winter Brawl, Summer Jam, and Defend the North, right?

Off the top of my head you're missing NEC in Philly (the largest of the three Philly majors), and ECT and Apex in Jersey.

On the topic of skill level, I say even if you don't feel confident just go.  First tourney will always be nerves.  Plus you get to face people outside of your immediate area, which is experience.

hey I'm an idiot and confused the 24th and the 17th, I definitely can/want to mash this saturday so you can count me in if you're going

:DI: :DI: :DI: