Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antitidus

2D > Mist Finer Cancel > 5K help

As seen in tittle I'm having lots of issues executing 2D > Mist Finer Cancel > 5K > ect.

Also is does that work for every character?

Please give me tips and tricks on executing this! Thanks

This is at level 2, I take it?

Try a lighter character like Slayer or May to practice on. Off the top of my head, it won't work on Ky, ABA, Robo-Ky or Dizzy (assuming normal hit 2D).

Past that, you just have to get good at mist canceling and have a good sense for the spacing.

Are you tapping HS for the mist cancel? You should practice that and get in the habit of mist canceling that way, since it often times (not always, though) scores you the fastest possible MC.

This is at level 2, I take it?

Try a lighter character like Slayer or May to practice on. Off the top of my head, it won't work on Ky, ABA, Robo-Ky or Dizzy (assuming normal hit 2D).

Past that, you just have to get good at mist canceling and have a good sense for the spacing.

Are you tapping HS for the mist cancel? You should practice that and get in the habit of mist canceling that way, since it often times (not always, though) scores you the fastest possible MC.

I'm doing it a couple times in about 5 minutes. Out of all the attempts I feel like I get them 15% of the time.

I do use HS, but what other button could I use besides HS? Just Curious ^^

I do use HS, but what other button could I use besides HS? Just Curious ^^

Antitidus, there might be some misunderstanding so please allow me to clarify, if I understood both of you correctly.

Qwerty meant "tapping HS" as in "quickly press the button", the emphasis being on "tapping". He is not implying you could use another button for Mist Canceling.

It goes like this : 236P~H XX 5K

You do not hold the P button (just an example, it could have been K or S too) as if you time correctly your press on the H button, the MF won't come out and be canceled.

I am not fond of this technique and instead use the old-fashion input (236[P]~H XX 5K for instance) but to each his own, it can suit you best.

Anyway, it just comes down to practice and getting the good rhythm/timing and execution.

On some characters and depending on your spacing, after Mist Canceling your 2D, you might change the link and use 2P instead of 5K as it comes out a little faster, 1 frame faster.

If you have trouble with 5K, you can try point blank 2D MC'ed into 2P. Granted point blank 2D is not very practical in actual match but it will help you get better, getting the feeling of it in training mode.

Or you can train first with 2D lv3 MC 5K then when you suceed consistently and feel confident, go to lv2 MC.

Some players rather go straight to the most difficult version, some others rather go step by step, gradually increasing the difficulty. There are no unique path, have faith in you, keep on training and you will eventually be able to perform it (^_^)b

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying, Mitsurugi.

For this combo, I find it particularly useful because that way you just tap K, HS, then K.

But yeah, like Mitsurugi said, this combo isn't the most practical. It's rare to land a point blank 2D in general, and even if you do 5K -> 2D, you're often times going to be too far for the 5K to connect, or you could have done a better combo even if you were within range. It is useful against characters like May because you can get damage + recoin off of a sweep (2D xx 5K HS HMF -> coin -> dash jump -> air combo), but on the whole, you just won't be using this that often in practice.