Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

GGXXAC+ Input Lag Testing - Results

Amazing, and thank you Teyah. Though Circuitous brought up an interesting point a while ago, apparently he feels that the "macro delay" isn't present in 360/PS3 ports? I dunno how you could test this; but if the alleged 3 frames of delay when using a macro to FRC aren't in the newer versions that'd be cool.

yeah, i'd also really appreciate someone testing this if possible!

Snip

Well, I have yet to play GGXXACP online yet, so it's more in the case of the former of being used on offline gameplay. (I use a 19" monitor on my PS2 with Composite Display and have done so for a long time now, didn't have too many response problems if any). I haven't heard it as an 'excuse' for poor gameplay really. I'm just wondering if BECAUSE I'm used to the 4-frame lag offline, that playing on a faster version will have an impact on my gameplay? I say this because it feels like my inputs are more precise on the PSP version than they are on the PS2.

That's offline...on the other hand, there's my experiences ONLINE:

In BlazBlue when there is lag, some people seem to notice it more than I do, which I can't say for sure is because of my connection (which is pretty stable for Wi-Fi Local Matches, all things considered), and most matches I've had online locally (if they even HAD lag at all) were negligible to the point that only a small few people noticed it. I'm wondering if BECAUSE I play online as well (and haven't had input problems), that I'm acclimated to online lag and don't notice it as much as others.

I do play BlazBlue offline of course, but in both instances, I just never had a problem compared to others who claim to have.

But, if it's just an excuse like you say...herm...should I just ignore it and chalk it up to complaining?

Also wondering if "offline lag" stacks with "online lag" to just make it worse? Or if it's not as bad as all that?

No no, you are understanding me wrongly. I never meant to say you are using it as an excuse. I was just thinking you may be confusing online lag (due to network latency etc) and offline lag (input lag / laggy monitors). The excuse comment wasn't directed to you, it's just something i've noticed in general.

Two year necrobump here, is there any chance OP could be updated with information on +R for PC? I know Teyah said that the PC port of +R has around 4-5f of input delay, but it'd be nice to have a link available to show people who insist that it has less.

Aww man, 4-5f?  Where was this posted?

Jeez, PC reload had 2f delay.  Here's hoping they can do something to fix it.  :v:

This test should include testing in windowed mode and fullscreen with vsync forced on and vsync forced off

And ideally with these tests on a CRT running the game in 480p (by modifying DisplaySettings.cfg).

Aww man, 4-5f?  Where was this posted?

Jeez, PC reload had 2f delay.  Here's hoping they can do something to fix it.  :v:

It needs to have the same delay as the console versions to be worthwhile.

with vsync off it easily feels better than console version, though that's just my eyes and fingers talking, no imperical proof

Hi guys !

I have a request Teyah, can you please do the input lag testing for Steam version of GGXXAC+R and write the results here ?

I'm pretty sure it's 1 frame delay on a CRT (with v-sync off).
Best version of Accent Core Plus (R) for me.