Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finkledoodoo

American I-nos!!!

I should've asked ages ago, as I've been hankering to make some vids since long ago and couldn't without anyone's help.

Im rusty as fuck guys. NY is going thru a GG revival tho so we trying to step it up. Is everyone still playing as often as before BadBlue came out?

I'm a I-No and I'd say 1-10 I'm probably a 4 right now. -_-" But, that's just because I bought the game like a week ago so... xD Anyway I play A.B.A more because I find her incredibly easy to use in a fight rather than I-No where it's freaking hard! On the topic of it always being Koichi this and Koichi that, I don't mind it. I just wish they would at least look at the rest of us every once in a while.

I'm a I-No and I'd say 1-10 I'm probably a 4 right now. -_-"

But, that's just because I bought the game like a week ago so...

xD Anyway I play A.B.A more because I find her incredibly easy to use in a fight rather than I-No where it's freaking hard!

On the topic of it always being Koichi this and Koichi that, I don't mind it.

I just wish they would at least look at the rest of us every once in a while.

Yes, I-no is a lot of work but it is a lot of work that can pay off well and feels really good when it does. ABA is a rape machine, but also good at getting herself into bad situations in other ways.

By the "just wish they would at least look at the rest of us every once in awhile" remark, are you saying that you would like the japanese to watch match vids of American players more??? I hate to be honest, but very few american players are really worth watching. The ones that are are usually really good on defense, have a unique approach to offense or their style in general, or have great matchup experience versus most the cast or just play a lot. Examples I can think of include Hellmonkey, Flashmetroid, Elvenshadow and some others. Not trying to single players out who are good and not good, just people I've observed. I am really proud of how some players come out of nowhere and remind us that GG isn't completely dead (though it isn't doing well) in America like Latif and lots of other "no names' that have placed well in various regionals. I also respect those that are great with dealing out information for their respective characters and increase overall knowledge sharing, like MacArthur Blunts and 4r5.

If you mean I-no players.................................

There are very few I-no users in the entire U.S., and I'm not sure any of us are perfect at what we do, needing to get a better handle on our character (this includes me). The ones that are OK usually have a great scene surrounding them. Environment is key to being good at Gear. No matter how good your execution gets with I-no, there will be days where you just can't nail your shit down. Don't get down, adapt! Happens in Japan too! I give props to anyone who plays this character, and I get surprised when I see people like buckle try her on pad. I-no was the reason I switched to stick (Johnny too). I've played a few games with mynus back in 2006 but I'm really looking forward to the next time we get to play.

If you mean I-no players.................................

There are very few I-no users in the entire U.S., and I'm not sure any of us are perfect at what we do, needing to get a better handle on our character (this includes me). The ones that are OK usually have a great scene surrounding them. Environment is key to being good at Gear. No matter how good your execution gets with I-no, there will be days where you just can't nail your shit down. Don't get down, adapt! Happens in Japan too! I give props to anyone who plays this character, and I get surprised when I see people like buckle try her on pad. I-no was the reason I switched to stick (Johnny too). I've played a few games with mynus back in 2006 but I'm really looking forward to the next time we get to play.

I mean I-No. =)

And I agree with everything you just said, I-No I'd have to say is the most unused character in the game right next to Johnny.

People find her play style too confusing and and to hard to master so they give up on her before they give themselves a chance to get better. I at one time was going to quit for that reason until I realized how much I-No was put down and left out from all the world, so I decided to keep playing.

I sadly don't get to play with a stick or a controller... I have to use a PSP. -_-"

I actually think there are alot of Jo player both japanese and american. characters that I think are Under used are I-no, Bridget, Venom, and probably dizzy...both in the US and japan

Can a Kuwaiti I-no join the American I-no club? :D

Sure why not. It's not like we're full on members or anything and the more, the merrier.

I'd like to do a big update for beginner->intermediate level stuff after I get my computer back running.

Also, be sure to check my representing I-no at the big Nor Cal Install tournament this week!

Hello everyone. I've been playing reload online for awhile now, but just got around to making a dustloop account recently. After playing around with the entire cast for a few months, I decided that I'd try to main I-No about a week or so ago. Things are going pretty well so far. I'm able to get her TKCL airdash about 90% of the time now, and I'm working on getting use to doing the airdash off a JI'd combo. I have pretty good execution but my mixup has always been lacking, so I feel like her fairly difficult combos and naturally good mixup suits my playstyle and capabilities very well. I recently attempted to learn stick as I've always been a pad player, but I recently had to go back to pad because I couldn't handle stick. Pad has always just been a lot more comfortable for me and I-No feels more natural on a pad than a stick for me. I plan to get around to learning it at some point in time though.

I've recently been trying to pick up a copy of AC to get a chance to try her. The addition of VCL and the changes to her dive make her seem extremely fun to play. I saw Honnou playing on the stream a couple days ago and I think you played her extremely well. It's nice to see someone outside of Japan playing her as well as you do, and it was nice to see some of her fancy AC combos :o

I played better off stream, and then we had to wait some hours while BB finished and I was just awful on "tv". I'm glad someone enjoyed it still. And at least hellmonkey got out-turtled.

As it turns out, netplay for AC is finally out as of yesterday. It's still a bit choppy, but I was able to run it at 60fps with a friend.

I'm loving AC I-No so far. It seems like I'm going to need to get used to using VCL quite often. I wasn't aware they changed the properties on her j.HS the way they did. The changes to her notes are also really nice. It sucks that I was so late to the party, but at least I'll get the chance to practice her now.