Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finkledoodoo

American I-nos!!!

GGGooood SHIIT MAAN XD, I like your regime. Even I haven't played Blood Roar in a hot minute, since theres no one to play it with, your ok in my book. Im trying to get back into Arcana, cause its awesome, and cause my friend gets to play Arcana 2 every other weekend, and I can't let him surpass me O,,..,,o.

Thx, a funny thing that happens is: whenever I go out of town, I play people at all these unpopular games. So when I revisit them, I find that a small scene has popped up with people waiting for me. Harrisburg has a tech romancer scene now. Shippensburg gets down with gemfighter. Allentown has a bloody roar scene. West Virginia has my weapon lord players. Wilkes Barre plays tenkaichi. And my town lancaster, has some battle arena toshinden 3 players. So yeah, wherever I go, people want to get competitive over weird games. Idk, maybe I just make a good rival?

Thx, a funny thing that happens is: whenever I go out of town, I play people at all these unpopular games. So when I revisit them, I find that a small scene has popped up with people waiting for me. Harrisburg has a tech romancer scene now. Shippensburg gets down with gemfighter. Allentown has a bloody roar scene. West Virginia has my weapon lord players. Wilkes Barre plays tenkaichi. And my town lancaster, has some battle arena toshinden 3 players. So yeah, wherever I go, people want to get competitive over weird games. Idk, maybe I just make a good rival?

Oh shit, did he say GemFighters!?

Count me in son!!

Posted Image

Seriously.I love that game.:keke:

Oh shit, did he say GemFighters!?

Count me in son!!

Posted Image

Seriously.I love that game.:keke:

If you're ever in PA, send me a PM. We can get some games in. If you're going to evoworld, we can play there...

j.d FDC mix-ups..edit I-No is a beast,almost 2 sickning.....AIFTW!!!!

j.d fdc mix-ups never really helped me out. There's lag after you do it, so you have to be a decent height to even attack out of it or you'll just land. Landing after a j.d fdc still gives you the landing lag from doing j.d which gets me thrown everytime. Without a landing/ground throw mix-up, j.d fdc simply gets blocked high and to be safe you have to dive before you hit the ground or frc a vcl. While it gives you something extra to play around with (especially with less than 25% tension,) j.d fdc doesn't seem to reward well enough for how unsafe it is. I-no just has better options, whenever you can j.d fdc.

sj.d fdc crossover j.s is a good mix-up since XX/#R

yeah thats what i thought about the lag 2...but every move has it's purpose..it can still catch some1 off gaurd once or twice...or maby we haven't thought of its real use yet.. anywho thanks for the tips...I-No <3

figured out how to hit the chemical love frc every time (not the dash after lol). if u look at ino its when her legs spread wide open during chemical love u hit the frc button....might sound perverted but it works...

figured out how to hit the chemical love frc every time (not the dash after lol). if u look at ino its when her legs spread wide open during chemical love u hit the frc button....might sound perverted but it works...

Its ok *pats him on the back* I've said something like that before, but I just meant it both ways :yaaay:. I usually look for the white sound shockwave to show up, once I see that I go for the frc.

my cousin likes to call the move vagina everywhere

Sorry to have diverted the subject, but lmao thats a good one :yaaay: Well right now my main lacking is match up experience cause theres no local gg players that I know of. I usually have to wait for a free weeked to play the cats in orlando. Its summer time now so it should be to bad. I just wanna fight ppl more often so that I wont be in brain fart mode :v: every first 30 minutes of a GG gathering :/

Step one complete, congrats. :yaaay:

With I-no, you'll most likely be taking baby steps in her learning process. Progress (no matter how large/small it is) is progress nonetheless. By the way, 'grats on the ACT III tourney. I was there, too.

here's a question to all you i-no players... how heavily do you rely on CL 6frc6 combos? I rely on them heavily. When I watch match vids of japanese players, they use them every match. When I watch american match vids, I see more dive combos. What do you think? I rely heavily on cl combos resulting in at least three attempts every fight and averaging at least one success every round. When I get two or all my attempts, it's simply a victory, clean cut. I find this to be a high risk high reward thing because of the failure ratio. I believe that once my in battle execution is equal to my pratice mode execution, there will no longer be a risk reward setting, simply high damage output... What are your thoughts on cl combos and their relevance to the fight and damage output. Sure they are necessary for certain bnb's, but what are your thoughts on performing them extensively, beyond the point of bnbs? You know, burning tension!

When I'm in the corner I would say 80% of my combos depend on Chemical Love and cancelling it. (5% rely on a successful TK UF, and 15% rely on building tension so I can pull off a Chemical Love combo) When I'm not in the corner, my combos focus on the quickest way to get my opponent into the corner. If I use more than one Chemical Love on that depends on if I have tension and who I'm facing. If 6P, 5H, D-DIVE didn't fuck up any following damage so bad I would use it more often. Also, if I have tension and decide to dive instead of CL it's probably because I didn't think the CL would connect (SMH@Ky) Sorry for my post being so scattered, lol. 1 last thing is I find that most of the time you can combo long enough to where you can gain atleast 25% tension by the point you absolutely need it in the combo. Only problem is at the beggening of the round. I'm slowly gaining an arsenal of combos I can rely on that take 125% tension.

When I'm in the corner I would say 80% of my combos depend on Chemical Love and cancelling it. (5% rely on a successful TK UF, and 15% rely on building tension so I can pull off a Chemical Love combo) When I'm not in the corner, my combos focus on the quickest way to get my opponent into the corner. If I use more than one Chemical Love on that depends on if I have tension and who I'm facing. If 6P, 5H, D-DIVE didn't fuck up any following damage so bad I would use it more often.

Also, if I have tension and decide to dive instead of CL it's probably because I didn't think the CL would connect (SMH@Ky)

Sorry for my post being so scattered, lol. 1 last thing is I find that most of the time you can combo long enough to where you can gain atleast 25% tension by the point you absolutely need it in the combo. Only problem is at the beggening of the round.

I'm slowly gaining an arsenal of combos I can rely on that take 125% tension.

so what's your success rate with mid combat cl combos? also, are the 125% tension combos for show or are the very efficient mid match, I was wondering because most of my matches usually don't net me past 75% tension. Two maybe three combos and an oki and i'm done, or I miss a frc and lol, i'm done...

I'm addicted to gold bursting with I-no (except against eddie)... is anybody with me? She just loves tension. Finkledoodoo: Even decent I-no players rely entirely on the ability to be able to HCL 6frc6.

Sucess rate I would say is about 65% with the first cancel. After that, any other cancel in the combo is about 90%. For some reason, it's always the first that is hardest. 2nd and 3rd are a piece of cake. Also I noticed alot of people don't seem to be able to perform as well as in training mode when they're fighting a real person. I'm kind of opposite, I do much better against a real oppponent than a dummy I get infinite tries against. I enjoy being under pressure. Well those 125% combos are for show because they require a perfect oppertunity in order to work. (spacing plays a huge factor) However most of them do about 300 damage so they're worth the tension IMO but at the same time the damage the last handful of moves does isn't enough to make a significant differance. EDIT: I try to save my burst until I have a good understanding of what my opponent is capable of. If I feel that there is any chance they're a good enough player to be a threat then I'll save my get out of combo free card until I absolutely need it. Sometimes if I'm winning and there is only 1 round left but they're coming out on top, I'll use it when I'm close to death to turn things around.

Finkledoodoo: Even decent I-no players rely entirely on the ability to be able to HCL 6frc6.

This is for accent core not slash, just making sure we are clear. I don't want any facts that may be dated, that's all.

From what I've seen in tournamets with my own eyes, if relying on hcl 6frc6 is that common, than dropped combos make I-no unplayable for all but a chosen few. I've seen more combos that involve dives than cl, even when the meter is present. I've also noticed that combos seem to follow the, I'm not gonna knock you down cuz my dash will air grab you trend way more than fast fall cl knockdowns. I'm going to check every possible american I-no match vid I can find tonight. I'll report my findings on cl combos next time I'm on. Youtube can show me more I-no's than I can physically see anyway.

If you know anything that can help me locate american I-no vids, such as names of players or tourneys with frequent I-no players or even some accounts you know that have american I-no vids on them, let me know because that would be a great help.

To be honest, the only reason I'm queationing CL combos is because better players than me say that I'm much better at oki. I've been told that my i-no is more dangerous after a k-dive because the oki nets free damage. To an extent, I find that to be more effective than not. Also after getting some play time in with mvc2's magneto, I've been considering changing my style from cl combos to full blown reset rape...

*edit*

free damage or garuanteed damage? I love this character!!!

I'm addicted to gold bursting with I-no (except against eddie)... is anybody with me? She just loves tension.

Idk, I always thought the tension came for free... Whenever I do get a gold burst, I usually just blow it on dumb strings like note frc dash UF 360 cl 6frc6 j.h to pressure. idk, i'm stupid like that...

So, what's it like to fight eddie, you should put something up in the sub forum... My bud is starting eddie, but he isn't a threat yet. What should I start preparing for, (he will get good.)

PS, before I get flamed with triple post noob should be killed, you should know that I'm not on an up to date ibook. I can't multiquote unless I'm home. I can't even copy and paste.

I played 12 matches tonight (including an eddie that almost killed me and a dangerous may). I won all 12. I'm in a good mood and just wanted to share. :)

low teir pride my friend...

*edit*

mid teir pride my friend...

reguardless, congrats on a session well done...