Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ky0n01

Following N-O-sama's footsteps with Venom

Yeah I know it's valid, but I'm just not sure if the final 3-ball setup is indeed the H-D-P formation.

Yeah I know it's valid, but I'm just not sure if the final 3-ball setup is indeed the H-D-P formation.

i cant remember how it exactly looked like but if it looks like this, its H>K>S

-------o

o----o

The final formation looks something like this. The top ball is a HS ball. The bottom 2 balls are not in a horizontal line, so I guess it shouldn't be HS-K-S formation. ----------o ----------- --o-------- -------o--- -----------

Thanks! Edited my post to get the correct full combo and formation. N-O has invented a new okizeme for quite a while, which goes something like this. Combo into 2D, HS-ball, dash in D-ball (or was it S-ball?), 2D as opponent wakes up, DB

He's referring to H>S. Then doing sweep at near max range, which hits the S ball, then canceling into S.stinger, which shoots the H ball as well. I've noticed he tends to use it most often as burst bait since at proper range it appears it will force burst to wiff completely. It's a pretty spiffy oki as long as your opponent doesn't have a good reversal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6vwajKB4N4 - 1:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do37j_NAikw - 1:31

It's a safe way to build guard gauge, and gives you many options. After 2D hits the falling S-ball, you can

-like Klaige mentioned, S-DB, 2S, S-SA for pressure without FRC

-S-DB, 2S, HS-SA FRC for combo if 2S hits

-go into 3-ball formation if opponent FDs, eg. K-DB, P-ball for a HS-K-P formation

-perhaps go for the Isamu-style midscreen rush (can be seen in a-cho 5v5 match VS DC) ; what I had in mind is K-DB, 5P the HS-ball, dash in D-ball, 2K the falling D-ball. With the K-ball up, you can dash j.P if opponent tries to jump backwards to escape ground pressure.

wow he changed the combo before H>S setup... never thought of doing that lol...

It's a safe way to build guard gauge, and gives you many options. After 2D hits the falling S-ball, you can

yeah you can't escape once stinger aim is released. but its main purpose is to push them into the corner.

i think the old version is better, but its not as solid as the new one bec they can escape.

2D> DB H-S> 5S> STINGER AIM

from midscreen to corner push :vbang: not only that, the damage is insane as well. if the three balls hit them then its over for round 1(55%+ damage with dubious loop), plus you get a free OKI.

What's frustrating about venom is that he doesn't have any high priority move to counter this move and that. Thus, Venom sux ass without his balls.

Huh? He has 5hs, 6hs, !6p! and 2d all of which are good. not to mention the last hit of close slash is godly anti-air as well.

What's frustrating about venom is that he doesn't have any high priority move to counter this move and that. Thus, Venom sux ass without his balls.

Which move are you referring to that venom can't counter?

Huh? He has 5hs, 6hs, !6p! and 2d all of which are good. not to mention the last hit of close slash is godly anti-air as well.

Doesn't 6HS have really crappy priority?

Except for 6P of course, its obviously one of the best anti-air.

im trying to say that Venom doesn't have any move like your BBU that can go thru many moves like venom's dubious curve,carcasraid, jam's puffball FB,stunedge etcc..

im trying to say that Venom doesn't have any move like your BBU that can go thru many moves like venom's dubious curve,carcasraid, jam's puffball FB,stunedge etcc..

Oh well, yeah he has no really good invincible counter poke move. Which is true. But he doesn't really have to play that way. As he can for the most part poke you until he gets a knockdown and then pressure you... I mean obviously thats not 100% perfect but you get the point.

6hs is just slow to startup... when do in staggered block strings or anticipation it can be really good. I mean NO throws that shit out pretty regularly.

Oh well, yeah he has no really good invincible counter poke move. Which is true. But he doesn't really have to play that way. As he can for the most part poke you until he gets a knockdown and then pressure you... I mean obviously thats not 100% perfect but you get the point.

6hs is just slow to startup... when do in staggered block strings or anticipation it can be really good. I mean NO throws that shit out pretty regularly.

And 6P has slow startup as well

And 6P has slow startup as well

True and its not active for very long either but it has lots of upper body invulnerability. That goes into the first hitting frame. So it sort of makes up for it. Its still good to stop people from trying to jump on you all day. And will beat random stuff.

But his gameplan still isn't to try and roll through peoples offense.. He's supposed to stop them from even starting that offense.

Doesn't 6HS have really crappy priority?

Yes it does. The only reason why people think it's really good is cause they airdash into it / try to jump out of tight pressure all day long. Also, if you are right above Venom 6HS will whiff.

lol. :vbang:

EDIT: Ross, your SL color is very ugly :( (sorry, had to say something)

Yes it does. The only reason why people think it's really good is cause they airdash into it / try to jump out of tight pressure all day long. Also, if you are right above Venom 6HS will whiff.

lol. :vbang:

EDIT: Ross, your SL color is very ugly :( (sorry, had to say something)

: ( where you see my slayer color? or you just speaking from the thread.

Also as to not derail to much. Im trying to learn venom, which is why Im posting here. Does anyone know what the ball setup from requiem is where they they do sweep ball set, ball set, DB frc punch xx teleport into cool looking mixup, and as they are doing it against baiken is that actually safe on her or can she oren out?

: ( where you see my slayer color? or you just speaking from the thread.

Also as to not derail to much. Im trying to learn venom, which is why Im posting here. Does anyone know what the ball setup from requiem is where they they do sweep ball set, ball set, DB frc punch xx teleport into cool looking mixup, and as they are doing it against baiken is that actually safe on her or can she oren out?

I'm pretty sure I saw you @ evo playing a yellow/green SL.

Could you give me the 00:00 on requiem so I can look at it?

Its probably

d,k,p or d,h,p

Yea probably. Note a lot of the crossup combos in that video use D-H-P. It's actually a pretty good setup if you can get the distancing right. Watch NNN (or neko) if you want to see lots of crossups.

Oh sorry its in Assasin at 1:47. Also ahhh that makes sense. Did you see the random almost fight? During the team tourney? Or was it in singles where I sucked it up even more? Also is NNN written like that in the video titles? or is there some kanji or something?