Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellknight10

PSN – BBCSE (Grand Prize $20+) NetplayLeague's Weekly Tournament #1 - *Jan. 27th - 5:30PM EST* hosted by Xntrikcat & HK10

PSN I.D. Akira-Shiro

Character: Carl

State/Province: Washington D.C.

Time Zone: Est

P.s. Im signing him up cause he has been Permanately banned (the struggle is real) from dustloop.

Im signing up a friend if that's fine:

Count me in:

PSN I.D.: Yukianesa100

Character: Ragna

State/Province: ny

Time Zone: est

I signed him/her up, but please have him/her sign up on their own next time

I let Akira-Shiro slide because he is banned and can't post

I have some reservations about letting Akira-Shiro enter, just because the kid is a walking bag of drama... (He's banned here for a reason) If everyone's cool with him though I'll set aside my hate, as I'm always the bigger man.

I'd like to remind all the participants that I have over $600 of support in the BBNetplayLeague's bank, and if you haven't already, consider donating to let the good times roll. If you absolutely can't donate money, please send Private Messages to the generous donors who make this effort possible. Show the supporters that we've earned their money. They've made this a Christmas for us, and if you don't write a Thankyou Card to your distant good-willed uncle who sent you a fat check for the new semester, you'd be a bastard.

A true community must know how to treat and appreciate its supporters!

With funds in the bank comes more responsibility on my part. Let me remind you here of my vision for this tourney and any thereafter:

1. Absolutely No Drama

- I'd like to emphasize sportsmanlike conduct. Be professional. Do not complain, do not put others down. You lost? Shake your hands through the monitor and shrug it off. Learn from your mistakes, step up your game, and adjust your strategy. Next chance will come. There will be no tolerance for immaturity, and we must police ourselves this way.

- This goes for lag, also. Lag unfortunately happens, and the best we can do is minimize it, by restricting regions. After the first tournament, if we get consistent turnouts, I will consider running 2 brackets. (EST-North and EST-South).

2. Don't Bail Out

- Are you a flaky person? Do you have a totally unpredictable grandmother who must be taken care of? (Not picking on you my dear cookie nee-san) Do me a favor and eliminate all those extraneous factors that could affect your attendance and/or play. Consistency and commitment go a long way. I NEED consistent attendance to help this grow. I understand we are all no-lifers here to begin with. Do you have something to do on Sunday?

If not, sign up to play. Can't play? Tune in to the streams. Comment on the Replays. Leave your Sundays open!

3. Get Involved

- HK10 is my partner in crime in all of this. Can you create/edit Videos? Are you a hype commentator? Contact me about being a part of the BBNetplayLeague team. It's time for us to get organized!

- Keep the feedback coming. I will be having votes/ surveys in the coming weeks for upcoming contents.

It does seem like an odd restriction, especially since it seems more like a hindrance than an advantage.

but for that same reason, it didn't seem worth mentioning since... who would use it?

but for that same reason, it didn't seem worth mentioning since... who would use it?

The only character with a actual positive out of it is Tager. Rest of it has too many negatives to make it even worth considering for a ban. I play it for jokes every so often.

like beating Jyosua with a stylish Mu

The only character with a actual positive out of it is Tager. Rest of it has too many negatives to make it even worth considering for a ban. I play it for jokes every so often.

like beating Jyosua with a stylish Mu

I think you answered your own question.

At least try and show some skill/effort when playing the game.

nothing better than getting zeth to answer this since I stole that rule straight out of his old tournament threads rofl

but yeah, please put some effort into these tournaments instead of just mashing around because it's netplay, might as well give your spot to someone that cares if that's the case

also about the people that want to stream/record, I'll talk to xntrikcat to finalize anything (or you can just ask him here)

for those of you that are on the DL Skype chat just ask him there :toot:

Stylish mode does take some skill when trying to beat people with it.

yeah but people don't actually plan on taking the tournament home, they just want to prove something completely different

playing a whole different meta at that point

They want to have something semi serious.

Shoutouts to everyone that's signed up from New York being the guys that don't leave their houses.

I can do streaming/recording. I /think/ I'll be free on that day. I don't plan on entering because what's a BB.

Also, if you lose to someone in stylish mode, you should just feel bad.

Shoutouts to everyone that's signed up from New York being the guys that don't leave their houses.

I can do streaming/recording. I /think/ I'll be free on that day. I don't plan on entering because what's a BB.

Also, if you lose to someone in stylish mode, you should just feel bad.

I don't attend a few tournies and suddenly I'm a NAH? :vbang:

well these netplay tournies arent going to play themselves, lol small edit: l -might- be available as a backup. not sure what my day is looking like anymore. if im free then l can probably get in or at least watch the stream

Scratch that, I'll be available for the 27th after all if you still require my streaming services, just let me know via PM or whatever.