Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhaethonH

[Feb 2, 2013] NorCal Install: Groundhog Loop - San Mateo, CA

Feb 2, 2013; 2pm - NorCal Install: Groundhog Loop

Event parameters:

• Date: Saturday February 2, 2013
  • Time: 2pm doors open
  • Registration: on-site, ends 3pm for main events, variable for side events.
  • Streaming: FinestKO (http://twitch.tv/FinestKO)

Rules highlights:
    • Evo-style match/bracket rules
    • Payment upon registration for game.
    • $7 - venue fee if you play, to be paid to Gamecenter (obtain wristband).
    • $5 - usual entry fee per tournament game, to be paid to tournament director (NCI)
    • Pot split normally 70/20/10 for first/second/third place.
    • No cost for only-spectating ("no play, no pay").

Main Events (as of 01/30/2013):
      1. P4A (ps3) - Persona 4: Arena
      2. GGACP (ps3, xb360) - Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus
      3. AP (ps3) - Aquapazza
      4. SSBM (gc) - Super Smash Bros. Melee 1v1 and/or 2v2

Side/tentative Tournaments (as of 01/23/2013):

[*] PSAS (ps3) - Playstation All-Stars 2v2

[*] BBCSE (ps3) - BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

[*] AH3 (ps3) - Arcana Heart 3

[*] KOF13 (ps3) - King of Fighter XIII

[*] Catherine (ps3)

Side tournaments have lax signups deadlines, and may be cancelled due to lack of entrants or time. Entry fee is refunded for a cancelled game.

Clarifications, PSAS and SSBM:

[*] Entrants are in teams of two.

[*] Please decide on teammate and team name ahead of time.

[*] Entry fee applies to the team as a whole.

Venue address:

Gamecenter

47 South B. St.

San Mateo, CA 94402

RESULTS: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15801-Feb-2-2013-NorCal-Install-Groundhog-Loop-Results

As a side note, I'm looking for (volunteer) people to help run parts of the tournaments and smooth out the event, for up to an hour cumulative. Activities may include: tracking match results; calling/announcing matches; fetching players; changing/swapping equipment; floor traffic control. Aspiring TOs (Tournament Organizers) welcome.

This call for volunteers also extends for SuperNCI in March.

Chance. GET!

Anyways, I've already talked to Myung and Chun about handling the Smash portion of the tournament. As a fair warning, I've managed to wake a sleeping dragon and it sounds like over 30 people will be coming in for Melee alone (I hella didn't expect that TBH).

I'll be willing to help out in other ways this tournament.

@DJcream: I was expecting a large turnout for SSBM anyway (b/c they always do). Also, I want to make it abundantly clear to the Melee community that they'll need to bring their own setups. They're likely accustomed to that, but I don't want assumptions biting us later. BTW, is there a hotspot for SSBM@NCI communication that I can lurk in?

@Spartan257B, @ShelledMenace, @haketh: thanks! Current plan is to use Challonge for brackets, so getting familiar/not-lost in it beforehand can help. Also, furniture-shuffling. :/ I'm probably forgetting a few other things, too...

BTW, is there a hotspot for SSBM@NCI communication that I can lurk in?
I made a cross post on SmashBoards (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332843), but most of the activity is goin' on in an invite-only Facebook Group where the tournament is currently a pinned topic with over 50 replies.

Imma be updating the Smashboards info with setup information I've been getting through FB over the weekend.

@DJcream: I spotted a discrepancy. I posted 2v2 for Melee, but smashboards post says 1v1. I assume your post is more accurate, but I'm pinging other channels as well.

@Spartan257B, @ShelledMenace, @haketh: thanks! Current plan is to use Challonge for brackets, so getting familiar/not-lost in it beforehand can help. Also, furniture-shuffling. :/ I'm probably forgetting a few other things, too...

What tim do you want helpers there?

What tim do you want helpers there?

I'm thinking 2:15. That should give enough time to plan out any furniture shifts and prep the computers.