Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

I'm a Glutton for Punishment: Fighting Black Justice

You might think this topic is strange, and probably with good reason. But I'm a man of nostalgia and mystique. Whether it's fighting against the computer in Maniac mode, or asking a friend who knows how to play her to pick this version of the woman I've grown to love fighting. (Yes, I think of her as a woman, maybe that's perverted but...I digress.)

Maybe it's personal guilt or a guilty confession of a dirty secret. :sweatdrop:

It all started with the idea that in the original GG, Justice could literally spam Imperial Ray into Gamma Ray instantly and back to back at the drop of a hat usually causing Faint immediately. Mostly because Imperial Ray was not an Overdrive, but a Special Attack, like Volcanic Viper...it made her broken, but at the same time, made her addictively challenging as a Boss.

Well, despite the fact Imperial Ray got changed to an Overdrive to balance her somewhat, I kinda missed the "danger" of that attack. So I started fighting against Black Justice, who can do that and oh so much more.

And then, Accent Core Plus came along.

You have no idea how long I waited to try her....I mean....try "fighting" her.

Things she can do to you <3:

--No matter what you happen to be doing, she can Forcebreak Saperia Trance you out of it (has like a 3 frame warning startup...but my reflexes are slow as hell against it).

--Her pokes are sudden and can come from behind her if you don't jump properly.

--N.B. Bomb forcing you to move either under or above it...and trick you into dashing into OH FUCK IMPERIAL RAY.

--Position you in a gap between herself and N.B...where if you backdash to avoid her attacks, you end up eating N.B. anyway and then she can just followup with whatever.

--Since Michael Sword now has Floor Slide properties...she can combo into that at any time, knocking you across the screen and then...OH FUCK GAMMA RAY...NO TIME NO TIME!! (You either mad dash/projectile it and hope its fast enough...or FD Block.

--Imperial Ray at ANY TIME. (Usually sweep pokes into this, or tricks you into dashing over her N.B.)

--Michael Blade at ANY TIME. (High Jumps can get out of this if you're lucky, Backdash if you're real lucky, I try to FD/Slashback on reaction.)

--Gamma Ray at ANY TIME. (Although this is asking for a free combo from you, she can hit you with the startup "Spark" if you're too eager and then OH FUCK.)

I'm curious to know this but...when dealing with things like Gamma Ray...if you're forced to block it, what's the calculation like for Faultless Defense? If you FD it but then start running out of Tension, does guarding it build Tension slightly in single point digits? What I mean by this, is this: Is it absolutely FUTILE to Faultless Defend an attack like Gamma Ray if you don't have the Tension? I noticed Guarding stuff like that can raise Tension a lot too.

Now, you guys are probably thinking "Why is he fighting Black Justice?...she's not so hard in Survival Mode." That may be so, but in that case it's a 1 Round Duel and over real quick.

But when it comes down to a knock-down drag out fight, where you're fighting her for 2 or 3 rounds or more and she has Infinite Tension, it gets irksome. It gets even worse when you have a friend playing as her. I can't explain it better than that. Even with my friends who like to spam and juggle with Michael Blade a lot, there's usually some form of interesting challenge to it.

So I'm wondering what you think of Black Justice? The advantages/disadvantages etc. If you ask me this is as close to the original GG Boss as we're going to get, if not more so.

That and for some reason, Black Justice looks sexy to me. :8/:

Ore ga warui no ka? [Am I an evil?] :gonk:

so wait, your post can be summarized by: Is it absolutely FUTILE to Faultless Defend an attack like Gamma Ray if you don't have the Tension? and I'm wondering what you think of Black Justice? right? First one, if it's something that hits as many times, with little time between the hits, as Gamma Ray, then yes you're kinda screwed if you have little tension. second one idk, but did you really have to make a thread about it :gonk:

With the birth of this thread, Blade officially has opened more threads than Spirit Juice, the moderator for Sol forums! :yaaay:

Hell, up it a notch and go against GOLD Justice ..

And yeah, I've done that. And hit the RETRY a couple of times. But that was GG x2 and i noticed that game's AI NEVER EVER combo'd you until I played ACCENT CORE. I skipped a few of the games. I know.

I'll do sometimes play a character I wish to learn or getting "better" with hit random and turn on the GOLD mode. And watch the chaos. Sometimes I win sometimes I lose. Its pretty much working with my reaction time and keeping me on my toes.

Gold Justice doesn't have infinite tension though. She gains tension quickly, but it's not really that 'dangerous.' Of course, the increased speed and damage more than make up for it. (How'd I find this thread anyway?)

Geez, haven't you ever heard of GameFAQs?. To Unlock specific Gold/Black Characters either defeat the corresponding character's Gold form in Survival Mode, or play through all that Character's Story Paths in Story Mode.

Just beat the Justice Mission (Mission 30) three times with different characters. Same with anyone else.

Yes I've heard of game FAQ's, but considering the complete lack of FAQs about AC+ story mode, I really don't have anywhere to turn to. I've competed justice's sotry mode path, and gold/black do not appear when I hit start while over the character.

Yes I've heard of game FAQ's, but considering the complete lack of FAQs about AC+ story mode, I really don't have anywhere to turn to. I've competed justice's sotry mode path, and gold/black do not appear when I hit start while over the character.

Ur doin' it wrong. To select Gold Characters press respect (R2) to toggle the "Slash Color" option and press "Dust" (R1) To select Black Characters press respect (R2) to toggle the "Reload Color" option and press "Dust" (R1)

Can't she just spam Imperial Ray and keep you blocking forever? Whenever I play a Black character, I just spam an overdrive to keep my opponent in block stun the whole time. Or close to it, at least. Lots can't be beaten if repeated.

Surprising as it is to say but, even if you get hit by Imperial Ray (the full force of it), you get Tension, same goes for Guarding it to some extent, unless you FD all day. One Dead Angle and it's over. You get chip damage and a cranked guard in exchange, but that's it. If it means blocking all day or taking some damage and winning, I'd pick the latter.

I've actually found that black Justice is, in fact, one of the most interesting and thoroughly irritating challenges the game has to offer. Every time I've done it, she had this nasty habit of using her throw to bounce me off of the floor and using my still-stunned-yet-airborn form to hit me with the first spark of gamma ray. Damn her and her punishing overdrives.

And yes. She is strangely sexy in er black armor.