Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[Jul 12-14, 2013] EVO 2013 P4Arena! Also sign up for BB/GG side tourneys! - Las Vegas, NV

Evo has officially opened registration at http://evo.shoryuken.com/

You can book a hotel here http://www.totalrewards.com/hotel-reservations/?propCode=PLV&groupCode=SPRKX3

In addition to Persona 4: Arena being an official game at Evo this year, members of the community will be running side tournaments for BB/GG.

Games: BBCSE (or BBCP import if it's out by then), and GGAC+R (or vanilla GGAC if AC+R is unavailable)

Rules: Standard rules, no Unlimited characters in BB, no Ex/Gold/Shadow characters in GG. No glitches or exploits that freeze the game or otherwise make it unplayable.

Hardware: Both games will be on PS3. Rapid fire and macros are banned. You can use controllers with those functions, but you can't use those functions.

Tournament Format: Double Elimination Pools (top 2 per pool advance). Grand finals is 3/5 all other matches are 2/3

Entry Fee: $5 per game.

We would like 8 full setups so if you're willing to help bring tvs or ps3s, please post up.

Equipment List

Monitors (Preferably Asus VH236H aka the Evo Monitor, but any monitor with less than 1 frame of lag is acceptable)

Jyosua x2

shtkn x1

Jigoku Roa x1

Sanoshi x1

Alpha152 x1

Herbal Grey x1

logichole x1

PS3s + all games

Jyosua x1

shtkn x1

glod x1

Jigoku Roa x1

Sanoshi x1

Alpha152 x1

Herbal Grey x1

Bohemian Polka x1 ps3 + bb

logichole x1

If you'd like to help with streaming, please post in here as well! We will likely need a 4G card since it's likely that wireless will be completely saturated by the official evo stream.

Tentative Schedule Saturday:

Signups end at 11am, brackets created/posted at 11:45am

gg pools start at noon

noon - 1:30 pools 1 & 2

1:30 - 3:00 pools 3 & 4

3:00 - 5:00 top 8

bb pools start at 5:00

5:00 - 6:30 pools 1 & 2

6:30 - 8:00 pools 3 & 4

8:00 - 10:00 top 8

I'm not much of a hype man, but kenja0 has a passionate plea for those considering coming:

It's that time of the year again: EVO is coming. EVO is the most recognized tournament in the world for the Fighting Game Community. Friendships are gained, the experience is exhilarating, and the games are hype. It is the one time out of the year us Fighting Game players look forward to, to compete in the games we love and strive to be the best at. Only a select few games a year are chosen for the main event and their communities are recognized in fighting game history.

Sadly, we've lost our chance at being a main game event. Luckily, there was a glimmer of hope for Blazblue with the announcement of the Breast Cancer Research exhibition, but as it stands, it seems too unlikely at this point to even come close to winning... All hope seems lost for our fellow Blazblue fans... But why give up? I recall at EVO 2012, there was a Blazblue side tournament made on the spot. Even with the lack of preparation for the tournament organizer and the fans, the game still did reasonably well.

So what if Blazblue didn't make the cut for the main event or a side event? Last time I checked, what makes games get recognized is the community supporting its game. I believe with a little more preparation and awareness, we can bring the community back from the depths and breath life into our fallen love.

Blazblue will be at EVO 2013. If not a main event or a drive event, we, as a community will get together and create the biggest side tournament EVO has ever seen! Last year, our side tournament did around 100 participants... unprepared, out of practice, and reluctant. This year, we will be prepared, we will have practice, and we will be proud! I want Blazblue to hit a thousand or maybe more. Practice for your main games, but don't forget about Blazblue. Don't give into playing a game you were forced to play because your real game could not make it. I have done that for too long... far too long... Don't abandon a good thing.

For years, our community has been passive, social outcasts unwilling to develop like other communities have. Curious people gave up because of the non-dedicated. Games die faster without proper support... no one wants to join a scene that doesn't have a shot at getting off the ground. We play a game based on community. Be a part of that community or let the community die. I won't be giving up without a fight. I'm going to represent my game for me, the community, and for fighting games.

Let's practice for Blazblue and high level play!

Let's make a side tournament for Blazblue and make it big!

Let's be proud of Blazblue and represent the community!

Let's turn the doubters of Blazblue into players!

Let's make a future for the Blazblue franchise and competitive scene!

Let's take Blazblue to EVO 2013 so EVO 2014 will happen!

...And most importantly...

Let's get Hype for Blazblue EVO 2013!!

Signups

GG

1. zer0kage

2. Jyosua

3. Amadeous

4. Sharakonta

5. Shinsyn

6. Tae Song Kim

7. Alpha 152

8. Jo

9. Eshi

10. xHarukashii

11. Raptor

12. SuperJ

13. Zeromus_X

14. DaiAndOh

15. Chrome Homura

16. kurokage

16. xie

17. Senkei

18. ShinMechaMacGyver

19. Psycho Hibiki

20. Kazuki Slice

21. ludwig van

22. hAZ Tubazo

23. Tari

24. Jason D

25. Osuna

26. CDeezy82

27. Random Naoto

28. Groucho

29. Rhapsody

30. hAZ|SSE Holy Order-Troll

31. Krakhan

32. r0b0t

33. hAZ|Abare-Ky

34. pochp

35. Kousaka

36. Leo7

37. Roldy

38. Zeero

39. eh-sama

40. Onichi

41. Filthy Luker

42. SuperFX

43. AKA

44. 4GottenKazama

45. Moroha

46. LordPangTong

BB

1. zer0kage

2. Jyosua

3. glod

4. nemesis

5. Crocodile2D

6. Sharakonta

7. Shinsyn

8. Bohemian Polka

9. Tae Song Kim

10. Alpha 152

11. Eshi

12. xHarukashii

13. iw2ma

14. Bibiquadium

15. Raptor

16. Zeromus_X

17. logichole

18. LegendaryRath

19. DaiAndOh

20. kurokage

21. xie

22. Fluck

23. Tasso

24. LordPangTong

25. Schneider-X

26. hAZ Tubazo

27. Tari

28. Jason D

29. Omegashrimp

30. Osuna

31. Groucho

32. Rhapsody

33.ThienKieuTam (TKT)

34. enzi

35. pochp

36. Deathscythe504

37. Kousaka

38. Leo7

39. Roldy

40. Zeero

41. DarkRios III

except i just locked it... sorry.

so i'll take that to mean that you'll be handling streaming for BB, but what about gg? in fact who's running it. If no one steps up soon, I'll do it.

Lol, way to be a bro.

I can stream GG too if you want, but I'd prefer not to be the one who runs that bracket for that. Don't want to run the bracket for more than one game.

I can also bring two Asus monitors and a PS3 with GG on it, and two copies of BB.

last year at evo, we had problems getting room to run the side tournaments, we also had to get there early each morning (right when they opened the doors) in order to camp our spot. i forget how many setups we had last year, but i think it was around 4? I'd liek to have 6-8 setups on hand in case we are fortunate to have enough space to run them all.

Jyosua, won't you need one of your monitors to run the stream?

I'm not 100% guaranteed, but IF I do, I will assuredly lend a hand if not outright run the side tournaments.

I can lend you guys my monitor and PS3 with GG and Extend (most likely I will import CP when it comes out), if you need help running the tournaments, I can help you guys out.

If they're still needed by then, I could probably pack and supply a PS3 and a copy of Extend (or CP if we do get it in time). If it doesn't cost me anything to do either, I've also got an ASUS Monitor (V238H).

Well, if I do go that is. I gotta support Melee, though entering BlazBlue and maybe Persona (if I train up for it in time) would be amazing.

I'm going to try to bring along my monitor, ASUS VH236. I'll bring it down for the side tourneys if it'll be helpful.

Cmon guys lets try to make this the hypest Blazblue at Evo yet! Even if its probably not going to be a main event.. Last year many showed up knowing it was just going to be a side event but it was still freaken fun. Lets show the whole FGC that we are still in there!

last year at evo, we had problems getting room to run the side tournaments, we also had to get there early each morning (right when they opened the doors) in order to camp our spot. i forget how many setups we had last year, but i think it was around 4? I'd liek to have 6-8 setups on hand in case we are fortunate to have enough space to run them all.

Jyosua, won't you need one of your monitors to run the stream?

Nope. I'm running my stream from a laptop now, so both Asus monitors are free for tournament use. :)Technically I could actually bring 2 stream setups (Laptop and desktop. I actually have a third, non-Asus monitor for that desktop setup), but that would be crazy excessive I think. Plus, I'm not sure I have the bandwidth to support that. @_@

Yeah, 6-8 would be optimal and supposedly there's more room this year for side tournaments, but we'll see about that. I'm fully willing to get there super early and camp the shit out of the spot if need be. Is the plan to run GG and BB concurrently, or should we run them separate?

in theory it shouldn't be too bad to run both at the same time since everyone is in pools, we just need enough setups to run stuff in a timely manner.

I think with 8 setups we could run the two concurrently, absolutely no problem. I think we'll be okay. Shtkn, could you edit the first post to keep a list of what people have offered to bring or try to bring stuff? That way we could get a better idea of what's still needed.

Setting up mario party money matches. Who is down?

Absolutely down for at least one of these.

Also I can help run the stream if the others are busy since I've been learning from t-loc and jyosua lately.

Im willing to bring setups -- I possess a monitor and a ps3 and bb game copy I can bring if you want (be sure to let me know beforehand k?)

Is it possible to also set up a donation for the 4G card?

I hadn't thought about that since jyosua already has a portable 4g card taht he can use. if we could get a second stream station going that needs a 4g card, then we would ask for donations, but someone would ahve to volunteer step up and bring all the equipment for a stream station first...

Yo sign me up for both.

oh right, i should start a sign up list huh?

Im willing to bring setups -- I possess a monitor and a ps3 and bb game copy I can bring if you want (be sure to let me know beforehand k?)

yes, please bring it! we currently ahve 6 confirmed setups if we include yours.

If we have the space, I think between Tloc and I, we could get two stream stations going. I have unlimited 4G for my phone and can enable mobile hotspot legitimately for $30. No need for donations. We might need a second person with unlimited 4G if we're going to have 2 streams, or donations might be required for a jetpack. I'm not certain if two streams can be supported by one 4G connection. In theory it is possible, but it depends on reception in that part of Vegas.

An alternative would be to stream multiple stations on one setup. This is possible, but the individual screens would be a lot smaller on Twitch since they have to share one window.

I'm pretty sure you can add me and brkrdave for bringing both consoles and monitors. And you can sign me up for BB/GG as well. BTW shtkn are we letting anyone bring any kind of monitor? I don't think you specifically stated that we use ASUS 23" so I just wanted to make sure.

Oh, if we're starting signups already, put me on those lists too.