Dreize

[CP] Valkenhayn Combo Thread - I'll Shred Your Flesh! (Updated: 04/15/14)

Yea the exe is what I like about 5c loop actually. I'm an exe freak I only play characters with insane exe. I guess I just like the challenge and flash of hard combos lol. Thanxs for testing it out for me. It was just something I'm curious about. Given the base damage I agree with you compared to other loop combos its not worth it.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Some simple ODLvl1 combos, they might already be here and I just missed them though.

Midscreen: 5B > 5C > OD > 3C > 6D > w[j.A > j.C > dj.C > j.236B > 1D > 5D] 2C > 6B > 2C > tk.214B > forward dash > 5C > j.B > dj.B > j.C [3802Dmg, 27HG]

Midscreen to corner: 5B > 5C > OD > 5B > 5C > 236B ~ 236B > 6D > w[j.A > 5C > 236A > 5D] > 2C > 6B > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C [4225Dmg, 30HG]

Messing around trying to find max damage meterless off of 2A in the corner.

(CO) 2A > 5B > 6B > 236C > step forward > 2C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C > 236B [2712Dmg, 19HG]

2A > 5B > 5C > 236B~236B > w[brJA > move forward > 5B > j.A > j.C > 236A > 236B > 214A] [2696Dmg, 10HG]

Edited by KaiserCX

I've been using a really good midscreen to corner wolf confirm combo that I saw Hima pull off once. It's wonderful because the confirm itself is all the wolf usage you need. It looks goddamn amazing too! I didn't see it on the list so I figured I would share it.

j.C > 5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > h[5B > 2C > 6C > IAD > j.B > j.214B > slight pause > 6B(1) > 236C > slight pause > 236A >3C > 236B] 3211 DMG, 23 Heat.

Does not work on Carl or Makoto (2C, 6C whiffs)

You can omit the 236B ender for Sturm, but you probably know that already.

Edited by Stellarcircle5

^ Nice.

I was doing my execution practice with wolf loops and instant overheads for day and realized...

w5B > 5C > [3D > 4C]x3 > 6D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 5D > h[2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C] [4014Dmg, 28HG]

w5B > 5C > [3D > 4C]x4 > 6D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 5D > h[2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C] [4182Dmg, 30HG]

This seems more optimal for wolf meter usage than 4 loops I posted before, so it might be better to leave out 1 loop from the max you can do at least on this combo path.

EDIT: Decided to to the other combos to compare.

wj.B > 5C > [3D > 4C]x3 > 6D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 5D > h[2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C] [3829Dmg, 26HG]

wj.B > 5C > [3D > 4C]x4 > 6D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 5D > h[2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C] [3670Dmg, 27HG]

wj.C > 5B > 5C > [3D > 4C]x2 > 6D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 5D > h[2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C] [3899Dmg, 27HG]

wj.C > 5B > 5C > [3D > 4C]x3 > 6D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 5D > h[2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C] [4064Dmg, 29HG]

Decent w5A combos that I didn't see on the front page.

Corner: w5A > 5B > 5C > [3D > 4C]x2 > 1DCA > 5D > h[5C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C] [2875Dmg, 20HG]

Corner: w5A/j.5A > 5C > [3D > 4C]x3 > 1DCA > 5D > h[5C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C] [2995/2926Dmg, 21HG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWnHoJW0pw

:eng101:

Edited by Kiba

All those loops tho.

Kiba, you're a madman.

Ha, to be fair I get them down on an occasional basis. Still need to practice them. Something to note is that it feels much easier to do the loop from a wj.C confirm, but feels much harder starting from w5C (Hence why I shamelessly got the CPU to repeat it lol).

Yo Kiba, thanks for all the combos! Can't wait to get back into BB this march ^^

No problem man and good to see you around, although we have the others here to thank as well.

Anybody know how the directional influence works on 5c loop? I haven't figured what input or if the momentum makes him move forwards or backwards. Anyone???

First, what do you mean by directional influence ? It's quite hard to help you if you use terms that are so vague.

If you're referring to pressing 1/2/3D for the wolf loop, then it's quite self explanatory. 3D makes you move forward so that when you do the w5C loop, you stay on the same spot because of 3D and w5C's pushback. 2D will push you back slightly and 1D quite a lot.

If you're referring to the break during the wolf loop which is done with 1/4/7C, it's always the same command and will have the same result.

Apologies for being vague, but it's hard to explain this. Also if you played ssbm you know what directional influence is.

I do the 5c loop with 1d/4c but Valk tends to move backwards from time to time when I do the loop. I was wondering if my 4c input (or an accidental 7c input causes the backwards movement.

If I'm understanding what you said right, push back is responsible for the backwards movement?

Edited by 50-50罠

Apologies for being vague, but it's hard to explain this. Also if you played ssbm you know what directional influence is.

I do the 5c loop with 1d/4c but Valk tends to move backwards from time to time when I do the loop. I was wondering if my 4c input (or an accidental 7c input causes the backwards movement.

If I'm understanding what you said right, push back is responsible for the backwards movement?

My recommendation would be to just grind out the loop using 3C. It's more reliable overall, pushback is a non-issue, and once you've conditioned yourself, it becomes easier than with 2C or 1C.

I actually learned the loop with 3c, but wanted to learn how to keep Valk in one spot so I learned the other methods as well. This doesn't happen, but when it does it normally happens on the p1 side. I seldom have it occur but I would just like to what I do to make this happen.

I stopped using 3c because it seemed inconsistent when you want more than 3-4 reps.

If you do 1DC for the wolf loop, you will always move backward.

I'm gonna explain exactly how the wolf loop works:

The goal of the wolf loop is obviously to land another airtight/comboable w5C right after a first w5C. For that, you need to obviously be on the ground and the only way to cancel w5C is with a special. Rasen wolf ([X]D in wolf mode) is obviously what we use.

Problem is that Rasen seems to have some landing recovery. If you notice closely, Wolf Valk will do the same animation as when he lands from a normal jump. Except that you can cancel right away with a normal one but there is an important delay with a Rasen wolf. Just do w5C>2D and mash w5C afterwards to see how important it is.

In order to avoid it, we brake Rasen Wolf BEFORE Valk lands. If you do it this way, you won't have to suffer any landing recovery and the second w5C will be done right away thanks to advanced input.

It's quite important to understand because if you had a brake like for a brjA, it means you pressed 1/4C way too fast. If you get a delayed w5C instead, it means you pressed it way too late and went through the landing recovery.

I think the reason why you're getting confused is because you're thinking that brjA and wolf loop is the same when it's not. Rasen Wolf is done in 2 steps:

-Wolf Valk stays idle for a while "charging" his move.

-Wolf Valk dashes in the desired direction.

A brjA consist of braking exactly during the first step in order to stop your momentum and be in midair. The wolf loop is done during the second step. In other words, between the first step and the landing, you have to press that 1/4C to be able to pull it off so you will ALWAYS end up moving according to whether you pressed 1, 2 or 3.

Finally, considering you will do a w5C right after, the push back will push you some distance away with a 1DC, really slightly with 2D4C and not at all with 3D4C.

If you still have troubles, I'll try to explain it more clearly.

P.S: Kiba, could you please move 50-50's question and my posts in the Q&A section ? Honestly don't want to go off-topic in the combo thread.

I think ppl need keep in mind im only having the issue on 1p side. I'm using downforward or offensive crouch+ 6c (which on 1p side is 1 notation), not downback or def crouch. I think me using 1d/4c (which I said the input wrong on 1p side it'd 1d/6c) notation is giving the impression I'm using down back, when I'm just relating the input to the side of screen I get the problem on. Also Magaki I already knew that, I just would like to understand if its some sort of pushback doing this or my input resulting in some type of directional influence. I hope I explained it better.

Edited by 50-50罠

Gonna delete my so post kiba won't have to, should put your post explaining the loop somewhere. You broke it down perfect btw.

Edit: can't delete my post via tapatalk, so I guess kiba will have to after all... sorry about that keebs...

Edited by 50-50罠

Well, your question actually makes sense and might help people going through the Q&A thread.

Just make sure you post there next time you have a question though.

Yeah, Magaki explained it pretty well. I'd recommend getting used to 3D/4C.

I suppose you're not totally off-topic either since this is the combo thread and you are technically asking about a combo.

What Dreize said. It's all good.

Although rather than moving it to the Q&A thread I'd rather it's the FAQS here or in the strategy guide. Guess it's up to Dreize.

Adding Kaiser's OD combos and this:

Corner

236C CH > 2C > 6B > 2C > 6C > 2C > tk.214B > 5D > w[5C > 236A > 236B > j.236A > j.236B > j.214A] [4089 DMG, 29 HG]

Expanded on wolf hitconfirms in the strategy guide in combo theory section.

Edited by Kiba

Corner

236C CH > 2C > 6B > 2C > 6C > 2C > tk.214B > 5D > w[5C > 236A > 236B > j.236A > j.236B > j.214A] [4089 DMG, 29 HG]

I never really knew what the hell to do if you land Nacht Rozen in the corner. This will help a bunch. Thanks man!

Another nubbie execution question:

For any wolf air combo that goes j.B > 3D > j.A > 5D > h[2C > etc], I am bad at getting the h2C input to come out properly. Instead I tend to take the easy way out and use h[5B] and I know I'm missing out on some damage or better extensions afterwards. I either accidentally input 2D after the j.A or I whiff the h2C because I'm late. Any advice on this one? Thanks...

There is honestly no trick here we can give you as it is something quite basic. Only thing you can do is to practice it again and again until it works.

Since 2C is slower than 5B and has a longer vertical hitbox do the 3D command dash slightly higher then you normally would if you're going to be using 2C.