Sign in to follow this  
Hideki

Japanese Sol Players

TB, wondering if you could expand on that statement? I know you have been playing Sol forever, and just wondering what you mean by lacking the matchup experience to exploit sol? Just out of curiosity, thanks.

Sol is getting less and less love everyday. Oh well I use both Sol and HOS just because I can't just drop him after the hard work I put in to be decent with him.

I'm also still having fun with sol, thought about switching to jam/os as I'm pretty decent with them but still feelin' sol.

I thought of dropping Sol for OS, but So is much more fun to play with than his Reload/Slash versions. Now, it's much more rewarding when you win with him. Sidewinder = <3.

Yeah because in AC you actually have to work harder to get off most of Sol's damaging combos. I thought that He was boring in XX Slash and in #Reload he was cool

Well, I guess I can't play normally or maybe i'll grow out of it the more I do play. I'm curious how effective can sol be if people play somewhat like Kusoru(クソル)

Would maybe refining this style be worth while instead of trying to change completely? Or is it all the same in the end?

It depends on you really. Since he plays rather erratic with Sol it may be useful against those "play by the book" players who expect all the normal sol bs. But when going against high level players they'll probably change their play style accordingly so it may not even really matter. It's an interesting endeavor though so try it out.

I'm still more afraid of P.C and the former isa than Kusoru. Not gonna' lie though, Kusoru got some crazy shit.

Btw, it's unorthodox.

Isa had (I´ll be surprised if he sticks to Sol in this SBO) the most effective playstyle in AC. PC plays an old fashioned #R Style, which is cool, but not as effective as good SW combos + knockdowns. Mouse, 012, Kusoru... they can pull out some crazy shit, but if I had to choose, Isa is THE way to play Sol. PS: This deserved his own thread?

I was curious about everyone's opinion about it, and I guess I could of posted it in another thread. :\ I made it when I woke up so yeah.

I agree with Isa being the pinnacle of AC Sol's thus far, the stuff right before he switched to Eddie is really amazing. Kusoru is fun to watch yes, but tourney results matter more in terms of over all effectiveness. As for my own play style, it's a lot like Kusoru's but with less BR frc. I try to do crazy stuff and it can surprise people. In terms of solid more orthodox Sol I would say Robot is the best I've seen so far, he really gets the job done in a smooth manner. The only way to know how a style works is to test it out. :kitty: Sol is more of a freestyle character so just do whatever you feel like really. I used to try the textbook P.C sol but his methods aren't as effective in AC. This thread should probably just be merged with Japanese Sol players thread though.

id agree and say isa was where its at with sol when he didn't use dragon install seriously he had one of the best ways to play sol which is basically turtle for tension then rush it down imo

In terms of solid more orthodox Sol I would say Robot.

I always think of Jake as an extreme freestyle Sol who has good execution and VVs all the time. Not saying that's a bad thing, he makes it work out for him.

But when I think "solid more orthodox Sol" I think P.C. style super-safe Sol.

Kusoru's Sol while crazy does land huge damaging combos. The guy knows his stuff, he just plays in his own way and not by the book.

Sol has to take some risks to give his best performance. The beauty of good Sol players, is that they know when those risks are guaranteed.

You guys seem to forget about 012. Very solid overall Sol and is probably the best Sol now that Isa switched to Eddie. Merging this thread with the Japanese Sol player thread.

Sign in to follow this