Sign in to follow this  
Hideki

Japanese Sol Players

It's because he was on a few gamechariot vids and then disappeared for ever? Either that or took a different alias or something.

What the hell does Kusoru mean? He's my favorite Sol player because he does such off-the-wall stuff and doesn't get killed for it.

Kuso = shit

Soru = Sol

Kusoru = Shitty Sol :psyduck:

Other food for thought: soge = abbreviation of kuso (shit) and ge~mu (game)... so "shitty game". I guess you hear this a lot in Japan at times, especially with characters like Potemkin around! :v:

If you want to talk about SBO performance, P.C's achievement is way better compared to Isa and 012. 012 hasn't won a match and Isa hasn't made it past top 16 since SBO3. But I guess we won't be seeing P.C this year, as most of the Kansai players have formed their own teams. Switching characters may change Isa's luck in SBO, since even Koichi has switched back to Millia and won a SBO qualifying tournament recently.

P.C was more or less carried into finals by R.F and N-O. The only person he managed to beat was Mike, which is a great accomplishment in itself, but the rest of his games he scrubbed the hell out. 012's SBO performance last year was very solid overall, and the games he did lose was because he got outplayed, rather than scrubbing out.

Can someone post a link to some of Kusoru's good stuff? I searched around but I'm only coming up with some dated material?

Can someone post a link to some of Kusoru's good stuff? I searched around but I'm only coming up with some dated material?

Check the last 4 or so pages of the AC Sol match vids thread. Or search youtube for the "agressive sol with lulz" series, I recommend them all. :yaaay:

I belive Kusoru is a really good player ! His most effective combo is GV->Sidewinder loop. in AC that works really well and is absolutely tension free !! So I guess he tries his best so the opponent won't take him seriously by provoking him with missed 623+K catches, "useless" FRC... Even Dragon install ^^ And then BANG ! A GV combo ! Also his okizeme are great (I like his J.HS, Air Dash, j.HS... or if the second doesn't hit -> Air Bandir revolver FRC, j.HS...).Then he just HS on the ground and... Grand viper !!! His riot stomp mashing is also in order to FRC-> grand viper. And well... he has his own "Kusoru combo" using Air Bandit bringer->FRC->j.D loop... Quite uneffective on the life bar, but nice to see, and... Well he does have tension to lose anyway... I'm only worried about his wrist... Always mashing 10 hits GV must be tireing !!

I belive Kusoru is a really good player !

His most effective combo is GV->Sidewinder loop. in AC that works really well and is absolutely tension free !!

Geez. really? Then why so few Sol player use Grand Viper? Tension free big damage. Are people waiting for the japanese to say it's worth using?:vbang:

Geez. really? Then why so few Sol player use Grand Viper? Tension free big damage. Are people waiting for the japanese to say it's worth using?:vbang:

Well, of course it's not worth if it's not a "clean hit" at the end, and honestly I can do it 1 out of 10 tries, so of course it won't be my preferred combo... And you are quite in difficulty if you miss it... anyway about 200 damages and a knock down... can't say it's not a good combo !

Well, of course it's not worth if it's not a "clean hit" at the end, and honestly I can do it 1 out of 10 tries, so of course it won't be my preferred combo... And you are quite in difficulty if you miss it... anyway about 200 damages and a knock down... can't say it's not a good combo !

GV is easy

on a pad i'd say its even easier

if your having trouble on a pad just mash S and P also using the directions of back and down and there you go 8 hits into clean

Sounds easy eh ? Then, why not using it more often ? It covers a large distance if 8Hits are made. It reduces the gap between sol and his enemy and creates a "surprise" 'cause the other doesn't think a low attack could come from so far ! ... Or does he ?

1)At times you can land a 5/2K>5/2HS cancel into GV and it won't combo. It's distance dependant. 2)Hardly anyone actually practices executing Grand Viper because -can't mash -too weaned on doing combo>2d>Bandit revolver(>RC>Sidewinder) -Who does it in a tourney? appraently it's not a tourney type/level move?:vbang: 3)Various factors such as -distance -whether or not the 1st follows a CH -mashing speed can discourage people from learning and mastering Grand Viper... Fun fact: Grand Viper can punish certain whiffed normals and since it crouches it goes under attacks that hit high(Sol's 5K) or mid(Slayer's 5K). It alos beats Potemkin's backdash invul frames. But that won't justify using Grand Viper. Beowulf that 3rd reason you listed..... who the hell uses Grand Viper like that? For the record I use Grand Viper. It's my main combo starter. Why the hell would I give up tension free damage, damage that does 40-50% life and get a KD? For what? KD with Bandit Revolver? So I can be closer to my opponent? So the enemy will be in the corner? One Grand Viper combo does ALL THAT. I bet if P.C. 012 and if Isa returns to Sol and start using Grand Viper everyone else will start using it..... And if you can't do it then DON'T DO IT.

Sounds easy eh ? Then, why not using it more often ?

It covers a large distance if 8Hits are made.

It reduces the gap between sol and his enemy and creates a "surprise" 'cause the other doesn't think a low attack could come from so far ! ... Or does he ?

you don;t know me

ive been known to get off 7 GV's in one match

if only the me vs M.song match was recorded at FR

then you could see how much i abuse it

and VV

its top tier

Random GV is about as risky as random VV, but can have better reward. The only problem is that pulling a big risk like that in AC can leave you open for a huge combo. Grand Viper has a high risk to high reward ratio, but guessing wrong could definitely lose you the round. In the end, it's really up to you if you want to take that risk, and if you can out yomi your opponent. And no, Hatred Edge, not everyone would be mashing dat GV if P.C and Isa were doing it all the time. P.C and Isa both lost pretty hard at SBO because one too many random GVs.

LMAO..why were they doing random GV's? It cannot be that hard to land a hit and COMBO into Grand Viper. Please don't tell me they were doing STAND ALONE Grand Vipers. God that would be just stupid.

lol its not stupid its called mindfucked status well it seems they didn't get them in that status but once most are in that status free GV's!!! well actually no thats not true lol but its a great scrub killer

^ true. Grand Viper is an over looked move with great possibilities but should be used in situations where you know you can pull it off or at the start of the match to try and mess with your opponent every once in a while. I think the reason that people use the BR, FRC, SW combo is because that it's alot more safer to throw out than a GV since the 2D has very little recovery time unless it was anticipated...then they eat a combo >_<

I find GV to be VERY useful from 2D. It'll catch them if they try to jump away, backdash, etc. They'll still be in blockstun, so they won't be moving, GV will just hit them. If they IB 2D they can jump away and GV will miss, so be carefull.

Sign in to follow this