Sign in to follow this  
Hideki

Japanese Sol Players

It's character specific though. Most characters the GV will go under or they'll be on the ground before you can get the clean hit off making it kind-of questionable whether to learn it or not.

Grand Viper from 2d is only good on lightweights(Millia,Jam,Buri, etc.) and CH 2D. I have punished reckless backdashing with GV as well. Another thing.. apparently some people underestimate the importance of being able to FD brake their run... Let's just say a few people I have played hate Grand Viper and Volcanic Viper. So learn to FD brake you run ins. Unless you like eating Vipers.:8/:

I was talking about 2D on block, and then GV.

MISSION FAILED.:vbang:

You realize you just stated an unblockable setup with Grand Viper that ISN'T unblockable? If they block 2d why would they get hit with Grand Viper? Especially since 2D is -6(or7?) on block.

Players usually cancel 2D to GF FRC from up close, so most opponents tend to react by jumping, backdashing, etc. That's where GV comes handy. You get it.

Why won't anyone want to attempt to jump out of GF FRC? If that's the case, why FRC the GF to begin with, since every one will just sit there and block the GF?

See that's what I don't get. I never see players backdash/jump GF FRC. I've seen the CPU jump out of GF pressure...

I've always seen kaqn jump out of GF pressure.

Why won't anyone want to attempt to jump out of GF FRC? If that's the case, why FRC the GF to begin with, since every one will just sit there and block the GF?

Cuz everyone hates Sol and everyone took the time to learn that a non GF FRC is 50 frames of recovery and that means a free combo for the Sol haters.

See that's what I don't get. I never see players backdash/jump GF FRC. I've seen the CPU jump out of GF pressure...

A lot of good players will jump out of 2D -> GF FRC, but it really depends on the move you use before you GF FRC and how far you are from your opponent.

If you're on the ground you're not gonna reach him within those 50 frames though...

IAD??? And Potemkin has Megafist which staggers on CH.

A lot of good players will jump out of 2D -> GF FRC, but it really depends on the move you use before you GF FRC and how far you are from your opponent.

I know but 2D pushes Sol back. It's something I'm trying to stop myself from doing. A blockstring ending in 2D unless followed with GFF or GF FRC. I'm to reduce frame disadvantage as much as possible. Like never doing 5K by itself on block.

But it's only -3 on block.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kJ3VLkx0Pl4

1:32

How can you tell it's -3 on block by watching that video? All I can tell is that it pushes back. If 2D is -3 on block then the frame would be incorrect(which has happened before).

One thing I've seen in the last 012 matches. He often jumps/IAD with j.P's. What's the point on doint that? Because it's safer that j.S/j.HS/j.D (faster recovery)? I guess if you connect one of those you can go straight to a SW setup if your accurate enough, and if not you can knockdown with VV. But I want to hear something else about this (I'm missing something)? Because this is something I never use, and maybe it has his uses.

I tend to use j.P and j.K. I try to stay away from j.HS and hardly ever use j.S(outside of IAD and SW combos). I stay away from j.HS because I don't have much success with it at all. Apparently j.HS is a high priority jump in which I find amusing because I remember not to long ago someone on dustloop said there's no such thing as a high priority in GG.:8/: I guess there is some truth to that(having priority) as some fellow members here have said vs Sol don't try to AA his j.HS because it'll stuff your attack. j.P is real fast, safe on block, chains into itself, and can be followed up with Sol's other air normals(sets up for a nice corner throw combos on May) and can be cancelled into his air specials. Overall though it could just be A)Personal preference. B)Better suited than using other air normals vs Sol(since Sol can beat j.HS with VV). C)Manuver based on knowledge of the opponent/character. @Reaver: Won't IAD put you in range faster for punishing a non FRC GF than just jumping in? It seems faster to me.

What you do with the jump is not the point, jumping GFs are a good way to avoid them. Which makes anything that locks the opponent on the ground a good countermixup.

How can you tell it's -3 on block by watching that video? All I can tell is that it pushes back. If 2D is -3 on block then the frame would be incorrect(which has happened before).

The video is to let you see someone jumping over GF FRC. Remember we are talking about jumping over GF FRC, not GF without FRC. As for GF being -3, check out the frame data. I am assuming -3 is due to the 1st possible hit of the GF, so GF on normal block is quite unpunishable if you ask me.

You do the jump so that you hit j.S on the way up and then just the last hit of j.HS hits and the opponent thinks for sure you're going to land. You have to time it so that you can air dash just after the recovery of the move. All in all that series of pressure is pretty escapable...

Sign in to follow this