Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.1] Valkenhayn Gameplay Discussion

The only difference I spot is with 6C. In EX 6C is +2, but in CP it's +5, lol. Nothing else has changed. I don't know what his CT is like either.

Also, [w]5C is -9

Is this some sort of April Fool's joke? +5? LOL. If this is true, I am going to mash the shit out of 6C in CP (even more then I already do).

w[5C] being -9 isn't too much of a surprise. But, nothing was really changed? How peculiar.

Do you know what the start-up frames are for w[j.C], w[5C], and Schwarz Jagd?

w[5C] - 10f

w[j.C] - 15f

236B-236B isn't listed yet.

Oh, sweet. Nothing too surprising there. That 6C buff is odd though, I'm very surprised that they would give him that. 6B is still +8 on block, right? If so, then that's great.

Keep me posted, hah.

Yea it's still +8.

236B -236B is 15f startup in CP, 22f in EX.

Are you sure that Schwarz start's up in 15 frames now? That seems to be pretty damn fast, I figured that it would be around the 17-20 frame mark. In Extend, Schwarz had 22 frames of start-up while Weiss had 15 frames.

Odd.

Yea it's still +8.

Fantastic.

Are you sure that Schwarz start's up in 15 frames now?

It's 19 frames.

BTW does anyone know what the "D保証X%" note means? It's on grabs with 100% and supers with 15% or 20%. The kanji means "guarantee".

It wouldn't surprise me if the frame data is wrong since it has failed in some areas.

On a side note, the fight in being one of the top 10 Valks is extremely competitive man! With the exception to Uma no Hone, Zekuso and Hima who are very consistent in their places, everyone else keeps moving up and down! As of the current update, Masashi is ranked 11th! Mr.Unity showed up which is good because it's nice to see other Valks play, and he pretty much bopped Uma no Hone. He's really making use of the w[5C] > 2D > w[5C] combos too which is good for damage, but bad since it uses up a lot of wolf meter.

Also it was heart breaking to see Masashi lose to Redi like that.

Masashi moved down to #11 and Suuya actually managed to moved up to #5? Well, that's slightly disappointing. Hopefully he'll be back up soon, since the Valkenhayn leaderboards seem to fluctuate quite frequently.

We finally got to see the Wolf Sweep Loop in an actual match, that was hype. Time to add a few more combo's to the combo thread.

That CA bait by Mr.Unity at the end of his match with Uma was really nice. Overall, I like this "Mr.Unity" fellow's playstyle. He's a bit of a nut, but fun to watch.

Usually when I post video's, I tend to look at how many matches each player has from that specific tournament. The less matches, the more likely that they had lost pretty quickly. I always watch the big three's videos first (Hima, Masashi, Zekuso).

Since Masashi only had 1 match, I had already foreshadowed his defeat. However, I did not expect him to lose to treasure chests. I nearly facepalm'd.

Oh well.

I really appreciate the arcade site, otherwise I would not have been able to recognise these players. Because of this, I was able to identify more matches from Joker and Uguisu.

Mr.Unity is definately quite interesting to watch and I'm looking forward to how he develops. What I couldn't understand about Masashi's match is why Redi was scoring CHs from bombs from a distance. Normally you'd, just block, since there is very little you can do from that range. Of course we can't read their intentions..

I do the same thing when posting videos (seeing how far they get in a tournament).

I actually watched the Plat vs Valk vids with Mr.Unity and Masashi and real talk, the struggle is fucking real. It is almost impossible to get Platinum to stop hitting buttons and they were both fucked the minute they thought they stood a chance.

@Kiba Masashi was just mashing hella hard. Like he teched in the air and just try to j.C to try and regain some momentum, but it was just not happening.

Yea I figured. Thought he may have attempted Sturm wolf or something.

I've done the frame data from Valk's normals to his air throw. There is no text yet but I'm getting to that and I'll cover his specials another time.

Some things are subject to being false so proceed with caution. I thought Valkenhayn's 6B was slower so that may be a mistake, just like the mook got the startup of 236B wrong.

Valkenhayn frame data is complete, but I'm gonna patch things here and there.

I've done Valkenhayn's main wiki page now.

And NP.

System data has it as 1-5f for human, and 1-10f as wolf, which is the same as EX, but we won't know unless we try it for ourselves I suppose.

How about the entire back step animation going from 16 frame total in CSE to 13 frames in CP? Not sure if 288000 dots in CSE is more than 234 dots in CP but I guess they cut some recovery of the back step for distance as well?