Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.1] Valkenhayn Gameplay Discussion

Thanks for letting me know. Done.

Also added a small paragraph on using distortion drives in the strategy guide.

I actually left it on purpose because I considered that it was quite difficult to deal with it. It also isn't possible to get in w5C max range with a 6C>3C ender without having the opponent being able to chicken block. Reasoning was kinda flawed however because it's the same issue with Tsubaki's DP and she was on the list.

I just added a new section anyway in order to make it much clearer.

Double post:

So after the 6C > 3C enders you can go for the w5A (whiff) > w5B meaty to catch rolls and late techs just like you can with the wj.214A enders as you already know. You wait about a second to input w5A otherwise it'll blue beat if you do it too quickly and the opponent will be able to tech in the air. I need to list it for that ender too. What's new is that if you use 3C > 236B you give yourself a little less time to be able to confirm the w5A. You have to be a little quicker with the input if you wanna catch late techs or rolls.

In the case that you do land the w5A > w5B, you can followup into either one of the following combos:

-w[5A > w5B > IAD j.B > 3D > j.A > 5D] > 2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C or;

-w[5A > w5B > IAD j.B > 3D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 5D] > 2C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 2C (I believe you can do 2C > 6B(1) > 236A here)

Both combos deal 2.5k and place the opponent in the same scenario.

The other thing I want to talk about is wolf movement. Some of you probably already know this but you can use 1DC wolf brake too. So for example you can do j.D > w[j.236B > 1DC > wj.66D] as opposed to using 7D/4D > 7C wolf brake. 1DC is better because it allows you to brake in the same position and it's easier, but the 7D method will make you move back a little before breaking. I suppose 1DC allows for more fluid movements, and it's better to opt for this rather than what I mentioned in the wolf movement tutorial in some cases.

-Got some updating to do.

Valkenhayn Wiki is done. I will still be making updates overtime. If you spot a mistake or want to add more information please feel free to take action, either doing it on your own, or letting me know.

Edit: Updated strategy guide with Magaki's w5C information.

You guys are awesome btw.

I tried a little change color-wise in the wiki, like Dreize does for the combo thread, however I don't know anything about color matching so maybe it's better with others colors or to not do it at all, I don't know. So yeah asking here for feedback, once we agree on something I can do them all without problem.

(By the way I started recording the recommended combos from Dreize, I dunno when I'll have my desktop aviable to process it tho, so ETA is : Soon. for now)

I deleted the posts in the PSN directory because they're off topic.

If you want you can use the Valkenhayn group, or even better you can create a new thread since it seems like the Sunday games will be a long term thing.

Depends on the situation, but sort of. I don't think it cancels, rather your recov ends around the time the super goes active. I wouldn't try to make that a habit though.

Nice work Kiba I skimmed over it and it looks good so far. I'll look at it more closely in a day or so.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Me either, seems reversals will be less effective in this patch. I wonder what new moves we'll get. I'd like to have w5a as a low again. I think Valk will be sick with 2 wolf lows. Ppl still think its a low still anyway lol. Then I can be a doosh and have a real 50/50 between 5a and brake ja.

I'd like to have w5a as a low again. I think Valk will be sick with 2 wolf lows. Ppl still think its a low still anyway lol. Then I can be a doosh and have a real 50/50 between 5a and brake ja.

Lol this is never coming back mate.

Valkenhayn's 5D has 1-6f head and throw invulnerability. They can start off by removing the throw invulnerability because it's really useless. If they remove the head invulnerability then our defence will be severely weakened.

I just want one thing: No more character specific against Amane. Just . . . No more.

Please ASW, make it happen.

So I've been trying to experiment with new ways to implement overdrive into my gameplay outside of adding damage onto Konig or Sturm. Do you guys know of any OD specific mixups? With the amount of mobility Valk gains, there has to be some crazy shenanigans you could pull of in OD.

Yea I haven't gotten to that point in my training, but I have been thinking about that as well. 2a> 5d> iad> 1/3d comes to mind and is the type of mixup I suspect to be more effective while od is activated. Should make it a little more difficult to mash out of stuff like that in od. Not saying it would be difficult due to block stun, just a very speedy mix up that would be harder to react to.

In Bokuken's cmv I noticed he used od just to extend enders. Other than that I don't know of any od specific mix ups. Maybe we should work on that. Also keep in mind the od lvl required for mix ups that transition into dmg.