Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.1] Valkenhayn Gameplay Discussion

Not just combo rate, he also got some p2 buffs on moves such as 2C, 2B, 236A, etc in Extend.

Not by my 2C after a blocked 5C..

I'm sure that you'll figure something out. 5A/5C perhaps?

Wait, don't tell me. I relish surprises.

anti-airing a 25 frame overhead is .... You are basically being called out for doing that and you could easily be hit by a lot of stuff. But the one thing you aren't going to be hit by is 2a mash, so it at least forces them to commit to something more than lots of other stuff does.

Granted, it is going to seem like shit when you have wolf mixup.

Granted, it is going to seem like shit when you have wolf mixup.

Yeah, there's definitely this as well. Wolf mix-up + rising j.C makes 6C somewhat obsolete. And of course, while midscreen 6C is pretty much obsolete.

It's good to throw out every once in a while though. It can catch people off guard, even at higher levels of play.

I'm sure that you'll figure something out. 5A/5C perhaps?

Wait, don't tell me. I relish surprises.

I don't always counterpick; but when I do, I prefer Hakumen.

Quick question here concerning CP Valk. It looks like he gets a couple of more transformation opportunities, has that made his general combo usage a little easier to input? Or are the transitions still pretty strict with timing and awkward inputs?

What do you mean by a "couple more transformation opportunities"? Are you referring to 2C, 3C, and 5C being geschwind cancellable now?

Regardless, I'd say that his combos have gotten easier for the most part.

The w[7C] > j.D > j.C > 2A > 5B > 2C, etc link has almost been entirely removed which was one of the main things that new players had trouble with.

And now our combos consist of a lot of 5C > 6D > j.A > 5D > h[5B > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 5B > 2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C] type of stuff which is generally easier than our regular stuff.

In addition, wolf IAD's seem to be largely omitted from our combos nowadays since w[5B] no longer launches and we now opt for easy mode w[5C > 6D > j.A] > 5D, etc.

Some things haven't gotten easier though. Our neutral still has a learning curve, certain things such as the w[j.A] IOH and linking moves after 236B~236B have actually gotten harder, and we now have some weird stuff such as 5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5C > 236A > 6D > 5D > h[2C > 6B > 2C > tk.214B > IAD] > j.D > j.A > j.A > 5B > j.A > j.C > dj.D > h[j.C] which looks a bit hard.

Overall, however; I'd say our combos have gotten a bit easier.

What do you mean by a "couple more transformation opportunities"? Are you referring to 2C, 3C, and 5C being geschwind cancellable now?

Yes, and thanks for the info!

Kiba, this may seem like an odd question. But do any of the new color palettes tickle your fancy?

In Extend my main color from day 1 was the light blue with black hair and a pink ribbon in the first set of colors. It's been removed in CP though.

For CP, I may just use the color that Zekuso uses; as it's similar in design.

But I do like the second one here and I really, really like the 5th one here as well.

Ha, it's cool man.

I too like palettes 2 & 5, but I mainly go for black palettes when I play any character, so naturally colour 5 would be my default. There may be an exception to this though because I really like palette 16 (though it still has some black lol). However, I also like the Rachel palette, and the colour palettes that Hima and Shiro use. As always, the Slayer palette remains to be one of my favourites and I'm glad it's still there.

Yo the Rachel palette is mine. Claimed that shit in the arcade 8 months ago.

:3

But Rachel is mine, so the palette is mine too by extension.

Relius's body/facial features/voice, etc represent that of a middle aged man.

Also, Shyn vs samthegreat $5000 money match 2013 extravaganza edition for the Rachel palette.

Make it happen.

Relius's body/facial features/voice, etc represent that of a middle aged man.

Also, Shyn vs samthegreat $5000 money match 2013 extravaganza edition for the Rachel palette.

Make it happen.

I'd watch. Relius can't be that old, he does look middle aged, But the worrying part for me is that he and my dad look disturbingly similar. Their hair is about the same color, they're the same height, and they have the exact same family set-up. (wife, son, daughter) Disturbing stuff. :psyduck:

Same here! Trying to get back into the swing of things myself.

I realized, why infuriate myself playing Carl on Pad when I can just play Valk and be happy either way? Haha

Good stuff man, you planning on sticking with Valkenhayn/Carl when CP hits? For some odd reason, not many people play Valkenhayn. Which I just don't understand, as he is such a cool character (in my opinion, of course).

Then again, if I remember correctly you're an Xbox player? Because as of right now, it looks as though CP is a Ps3 exclusive. Which is kinda disappointing for Xbox BB players.

God damn! That sucks like Hell! Christ! That's really, really disappointing to hear. I was planning on taking CP competitively.

I'm planning on sticking with Carl/Valk no matter what, but I was (before I found out the bad Ps3 CP news) planning on playing Amane and Izayoi as well.

Y'know I don't remember taking note of that, but yeah, that's real nice.