Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn Video Thread (Updated 3/21/14)

a-cho 09/22/13

Valkenhayn vs Carl

A wild and mysterious Valk show up . . .

Valkenhayn vs Nu

Valkenhayn vs Mu (w5C seems to be used a lot as a meaty and that's the only match where he used it as such.)

Valkenhayn vs Ragna (Warning: This is a DPfest. Just watching make you salty.)

Valkenhayn vs Mu

Valkenhayn vs Jin

Valkenhayn vs Jin

Edited by Magaki

The commentary on these are always so good. LOL.

"If you're there just look at Kiba's character, look at Valkenhayn. Just look at Valkenhayn. That's the character that you want to pick up. He's the character you want to pick up. Just pick up Valk, get good with him, then beat Kiba."

Things are kinda interesting now since everyone seems to be doing different Valk combos and almost nothing seems to be truly universally agreed upon. And damn man, that Tsubaki damage.

Glad you like the commentary. With Valk combos I'm gonna be doing the same combo enders in the corner to maintain the oki and build my wolf meter back.

Valkenhayn Challenge Combos - Excluding challenge 30..

I'll be using the Hima tech, some of the regular stuff, and slight variations of my own. If I'm not mistaken Shyn and Kaiser are using the stuff Suya uses, not sure what Magaki has decided on though. The variety is nice.

Excluding 20, 25, and 30 actually. Which is because those three missions don't have any sample plays.

Ha. Everyone has been getting their own combo movies and whatnot except for Valk.

Well I did made this, it's a start.

Valkenhayn CH Combos - They are kinda basic. I also forgot about Shyn's combos...

Actually I might end up doing a redo of this. I've already got better combos.....

Edited by Kiba

Ha. Everyone has been getting their own combo movies and whatnot except for Valk.

Well I did made this, it's a start.

Valkenhayn CH Combos - They are kinda basic. I also forgot about Shyn's combos...

Actually I might end up doing a redo of this. I've already got better combos.....

haha. Yeah I also feel like everyone else is getting videos. XD

You got one of mine in there, though! :P

Valkenhayn gets no video attention.

Not everything is optimal, but it's definitely a good start, nice job. I really liked how you were primarily showcasing the h[tk.214B > IAD] > j.D > j.A > j.A, etc stuff because it's really important and everyone should be doing it.

Valkenhayn gets no video attention.

Not everything is optimal, but it's definitely a good start, nice job. I really liked how you were primarily showcasing the h[tk.214B > IAD] > j.D > j.A > j.A, etc stuff because it's really important and everyone should be doing it.

I'm currently rendering another video and I'll upload that soon. It has Shyn's and Kaiser's (Thanks guys obviously credit will be given) CH combos and new FC 6B combos. Thanks though, I just wanted to give the guy some love.

I have been thinking about making a Valkenhayn Basic Combo Tutorial and/or a video giving advice with wolf pressure, but we'll see how it goes. I wanna do it, but I don't have that much time and I'm worried it won't be good. I have no plans to make a Valkenhayn Tutorial because I don't have enough confidence with that. I guess I won't know till I try, but still..

Edited by Kiba

I have been thinking about making a Valkenhayn Basic Combo Tutorial and/or a video giving advice with wolf pressure, but we'll see how it goes. I wanna do it, but I don't have that much time and I'm worried it won't be good. I have no plans to make a Valkenhayn Tutorial because I don't have enough confidence with that. I guess I won't know till I try, but still..

I support that at 100%. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate man. I'll be more than glad to lend a hand.

Thanks Magaki that's reassuring (I don't mean to sound sarcastic).

Reuploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKBTMCJZJZE - This one is kinda funny because you can see me pressing a ton of buttons during my combos.

Edited by Kiba

Nice job Kiba, I actually just came up with a new combo from watching that too, I'll post it in the combo thread. I think I'll mess around in training some more today to see if I can find anything else.

Ok I have nearly completed the Basic Combo Tutorial. I just need to wrap it up with damage and heat gain values and then it's all good. You probably won't see it until Sunday though unless I work faster through it. It doesn't have any combos involving DDs or AH but I can probably get around to that depending on how I feel. Also it's my first time doing something like this so if it is shit I apologise in advance.

Nice job Kiba, I actually just came up with a new combo from watching that too, I'll post it in the combo thread. I think I'll mess around in training some more today to see if I can find anything else.

Thanks man :)

Edited by Kiba

What's wrong with it? Looks fine to me.

It is exactly what you called it; "A Basic Combo Tutorial". Quality is good, inputs are there, damage & heat gain values, you covered quite a lot of combos, etc.

Perfect for beginners who need a visual reference. Nice job.

I was overreacting over trivial matters. It's just me being a perfectionist.

Thanks, updated video thread and added it to strategy guide.

Edited by Kiba