Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn Video Thread (Updated 3/21/14)

Working on some brja variations for 1.1 tell me what you guys think. I got 5 vids only 2 uploaded to my alt yt channel at the moment uploading the rest now.

Vid 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4jQ6PlnyNQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Vid 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OmiLc0QoZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Vid 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8uwGHEc2IE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Vid 4 (shows specs on linking h5b off wja)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFapObH2_As&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I had one more but YouTube is rejecting it for whatever reason. Combo was brja> w5c> brja> 5d> 5c> moonlight> 6dd> 2c> sjb> ja> jb> djb> jc corner carry from mid-screen.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Edited by 50-50罠

I don't think you got what a VS starter means.

Exactly when you hit the opponent with wjA, 4 frames of hitstun is removed on all your moves from now on. brjA>h5B will never link. After that, hitstun will keep decreasing meaning we can barely do 3-4 hits that are extremely fast before the opponent tech nevertheless.

Any wolf>human transition will never work in those conditions because 5D>5B/5C is way too slow and that's why none of your combos will work. Just do the maths.

The BEST THING we can hope is brjA>w5B>w5C>wjA>w5B>wjB. Allows us to do quite a lot of things on oki but the timing will be extremely tight.

Anyway, forget about wjA. If you want an overhead in wolf, you have to use either wjC or 6D>wjB. wjA is garbage in CP1.1 and will only prove to be a waste of wolf gauge.

BBCP 2/8/2014 Hazama vs Valkenhayn FT5

Valkenhayn vs Hazama l Part 2 l Part 3 l Part 4 l Part 5 l Part 6 l Part 7 l Part 8 l Part 9

thanks for separating these. both these players are really on point! crazy lvl1 OD combo from the hazama and the movement by the valk in and out of combos provides a lot to learn.

on a few occasions, the valk does w[5C > 6D > 4C] to brake when 5C gets blocked. is he actually reacting to the w.5C and confirming to start the combo?

is he actually reacting to the w.5C and confirming to start the combo?

Nah.

So apparently some of my play has been uploaded, which I don't mind I suppose. Figured I'd post it here incase anyone was interested in watching me flail around. I do a lot of silly/questionable stuff, but oh well. Gotta put in more work I guess.

We had a 1 bar connection but it was pretty damn good for a 1 bar so we went with it.

Notes:

-I do not nor will I ever support the usage of the 2D > j.D/Suya routes in corner combos.

-In this set I typically go for the 5B > 5C > tk.214B routes that most Jap players use, but I prefer different/better ones that I'm not comfortable enough with to use on netplay yet.

-You may be wondering why I kept going for 5C > 236C at the start of the match. I wanted that 3.9k 5C CH combo really badly since I love executing it, not really a logical decision I suppose. I didn't even get it once in this set though.

-Occasionally I'll do a wolf brake whilst omitting the j.A and then immediately go into w[5C]. It's sort of like an empty jump-in into low I suppose. Probably not the best of ideas but it works sometimes and I prefer the w[5C] damage/combo over the w[j.A] one. Sometimes it's just me messing up w[j.A] IOH though.

Credits to CMSORA for uploading, of course. And once again, GG's dude.

Here are some matches i had against Tesnolgic who is one of the best valk's i have fought so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7Dy3QcvV8

2nd video of matches against Tesnolgic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtNozxhnjH4

-You may be wondering why I kept going for 5C > 236C at the start of the match. I wanted that 3.9k 5C CH combo really badly since I love executing it, not really a logical decision I suppose. I didn't even get it once in this set though.

Just admit it. You were actually listening to the scrub living inside you and were mashing raw rozen SO HARD you ended up doing 5C>236C instead everytime.

Joke aside, nice matches.

Tao is an interesting fight. Her wake up options never cease to amaze me. #RIP★SSK x_x

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Hey Kiba, I see in your movie that you're using the wj.1D combos. How consistent do you find that to be? I'm learning that and moving away from my wj.A starter path of "... > w[6D > j.A > 5B > iad.B > j.3D > j.A > ...]" but I'm having trouble with the getting the w[j.1D > j.5D] just right, and for N starters, I'm not happy with my consistency on my wj.5D > 2C or the follow-up dash 5C/iad.

I find 1D > j.D > 2C to be pretty consistent. You just need to make sure you cancel the wj.236B with 1D immediately after the hit. I find that the reason I mostly fail this combo route is because I was slow with the rasen cancel. Something I find extremely inconsistent are the wj.236B > 2D > j.D > 2C combos. I think they're spacing dependent but I've stopped using those combos for that reason. Using 5B instead of 2C is easy though, and is useful if you want a side switch, particularly where you want to get your opponent in the corner.

From a w5A/j.A you may want to opt for the IAD j.A > j.B > 5B x3 route for better corner carry, and although using the 1D > j.D > 5B is alright for 300 more damage, you sacrifice corner carry. You also don't need to use any more wolf command dashes for it so it's a good option.

Appreciate the input! The rasen cancel's not quite after the hit, right? It's right at the end of the movement (that's how I think of it). Measuring that animation feels like my biggest issue.

I'll try the 1D side-switch. What I do now is 2C > 236C or w[j.236B > j.6D > j.B > j.B/j.A depending on height].

For that IAD loop, is it character dependent? I haven't incorporated IAD.BC > 5B because of its character quirks.

Yeah at the end of the movement. I think that's a better way to look at it.

The IAD wolf loop is character specific yeah. You can check out the details in the first post of the combo thread.

On a side note, Suya added again to the notables. I'm not adding anyone else for now

Unless Kin Tager or Koge show up more.

Suya's matches are particularly good because you can see how he plays against the majority of the cast.

Edited by Kiba

Why are NA Valkenhayns obsessed with the Rachel color palette, hah.

Secret Rachel mains.

Because I wanted blonde hair and a black suit from the beginning. It looks sick, yo.