Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn Video Thread (Updated 3/21/14)

Arc Revo

Zekuso (VK) vs Konan (TS)

Zekuso barely won that. My god, that was intense.

He was a bit reckless with those beast cannons though. Konan kept anti-air DP'ing him as well since Tsubaki's DP has a good bit of vertical range.

Thanks to pktazn for posting.

7/20 Kakari O Sanshou

Ciel (HK) vs Kayano (VK) - Ciel too strong. Not much to gather from this match, but it was nice to see him confirm the 6C FC, but I'm wondering if he could've done something better. Probably could've delayed the 5C just a little more, and then followed up with 236A > 2C > 6B > etc.

The Zekuso vs Noze match was great.

At 68 seconds in the third round they had a long-winded footsies battle, then out of nowhere Zekuso just lands a raw 6B fatal. Oh boy, hah.

That Noze vs Masashi match. No. Kiba, ever watch a match that you know the outcome of but still hope that the outcome doesn't come to fruition?

So disappointing to see Masashi get perfected at Arc Revo like that, and I can't even imagine how he felt. Poor guy. At least he lost to a strong Hazama player as opposed to someone less known.

That match with Ciel was good, mainly because I got to see the w[7C] > j.D > j.C stuff again. He could have gotten more damage with 5C > 236A stuff though, as you stated.

That Noze vs Masashi match. No. Kiba, ever watch a match that you know the outcome of but still hope that the outcome doesn't come to fruition?

So disappointing to see Masashi get perfected at Arc Revo like that, and I can't even imagine how he felt. Poor guy. At least he lost to a strong Hazama player as opposed to someone less known.

Yeah, I know what you mean. He still has my respect for getting into Arc Revo, but I guess all he can do is take a lesson from this (not insinuating that he did anything wrong).

7/21 Playspot Big 1

Suya (VK) vs Mitsurugi (HZ)

7/26 Tachikawa

Shirushi (JI) vs Takenoko (VK)

Protos (NU) vs Takenoko (VK)

Goro (MK) vs Takenoko (VK)

Edited by Kiba

7/27 Ampira

Miso (AM) vs Valkenhayn

Asahina Aoi (BA) vs Valkenhayn

Tojo Mare (TK) vs Valkenhayn

Sorry I can't work out the Valkenhayn's name. The combo he used at 40s was quite interesting, but it would've been nice to see how it ended, hopefully not with the 5C > standard air combo. He did a ogod job in delivering the astral to the Amane and Bang, but failed against Tao, lol. I also like how the Valk is hitconfirming 2A > 2C, as opposed to 2A > 5B. At 5:57, he scores the 236A > 2C CH frame trap but too bad it's less useful this time around midscreen because the hitconfirm is a little more demanding. I'm sure 2C CH > 236C works. Still, 2.7k isn't bad.

This Valk was quite interesting to watch.

Edited by Kiba

2A > 2C stuff is generally better for midscreen damage, but only very slightly.

That combo at 40 seconds seemed a bit odd and relatively pointless, but interesting to see nonetheless.

5C > 6D > j.A > 5D > h[5B > 5C > tk.214B > IAD] > j.D > j.A > j.A > 5B > j.A > j.A > j.A > j.C > dj.D > h[j.C] stuff is generally a better option from w[5C] midscreen confirm.

That guy was on a mission to astral everyone, hah. He could have won the Taokaka match if he had just chosen to RC his 236A confirm at 7:05.

In CP I'm most likely going to be using 2B/6C after a RC'd 236A as opposed to the 2C frame-trap; for the most part.

Souji (VK) vs Kouya (NO) l Part 2 - Is this the Arakune player?

Yeah it is. The Valk that plays against JUN is Yuitaba. The Valk against Mitsurugi & Ronitta is Takao. Also, thank you for linking those matches.

8/4 Urban Square

Ako (VK) vs Taokaka

Metal (TK) vs Ako (VK)

Metal (JI) vs Ako (VK)

Puromete (HK) vs Ako (VK) | Part 2

Yuika (JI) vs Ako (VK)

Whistler (LI) vs Ako (VK)

Tetsu Yarou (NO) vs Ako (VK)

I wonder why Souji is playing Valkenhayn. Probably a sub or something.

The Valk that plays against JUN is Yuitaba. The Valk against Mitsurugi & Ronitta is Takao. Also, thank you for linking those matches.

Fixed.

Getting back into the scene...

That being said, are there any valks to look out for except Hima? Really like seeing good valk play to see what I can improve on/steal

The big three are Hima, Zekuso, and Masashi.

A few other names that come to mind off of the top of my head that you may also want to check out are Shiro, Yuitaba, Uma no Hone, and possibly Suya.

Getting back into the scene...

That being said, are there any valks to look out for except Hima? Really like seeing good valk play to see what I can improve on/steal

The other notable players (Zekuso, Masashi & Uma no Hone)

Kin Tager

Yuitaba

Shiro

You can also steal stuff from Ryuu, Suya, Koge & maybe Takenoko, but they're not as strong as the aforementioned players.

7/27 Ampira

Miso (AM) vs Valkenhayn

Asahina Aoi (BA) vs Valkenhayn

Tojo Mare (TK) vs Valkenhayn

Sorry I can't work out the Valkenhayn's name.

This Valk was quite interesting to watch.

Found out who the Valk was. It's Koge.

8/7 Central Hachiouji

Yuika (HZ) vs Takenoko (VK) | Part 2

Oh yeah I forgot about Shadow's matches lemme get 'em..

7/10 Game Chariot

Shadow (VK) vs Osuba (TG) | Part 2

Shadow (VK) vs Keita (BU)

Fio (LI) vs Shadow (VK) - To 8:41

Buppa (RG) vs Shadow (VK)

Edited by Kiba