Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn Video Thread (Updated 3/21/14)

Oh! My bad. For some reason the arcrevo channel reposted it today.

Edit: Oh, I see. The one before is from someone who captured the stream. Well, at least this one is better quality! =P

Edited by Shyn

9/10 a-cho

Carl vs Valkenhayn | Part 2 - 29:11: That laggy burst! Also the Valk used CT from a 6C starter and scored 3.7k. That's pretty bad considering he can get that damage without using heat mid combo like that. He needed to use it asap to get better damage.

Relius vs Valkenhayn | Part 2

BBCP 7/20/2013 Nisshi Nippori Intrasquad

Kojikoji (VK) vs Watarun (JI)

Kojikoji (VK) vs JUN (HK)

Boku Zen (VK) vs Mitsurugi (HZ)

BBCP 9/7/2013 Taito Station Machida 2on2

Masashi (VK) vs Hazama

Masashi (VK) vs Amane

Valkenhayn vs Mokemoke (RE)

Valkenhayn vs Momo (HZ)

BBCP 7/20/2013 Nisshi Nippori 2on2

Tozen (VK) vs Zekuso (AZ)

Kojikoji (VK) vs Mitsurugu (HZ)

X1 (VK) vs JUN (HK)

X1 (VK) vs Zekuso (AZ)

BBCP 9/16/2013 Athena Nipponbashi - Team Hitmonchan VS Team Hitmonlee

Rirei (VK) vs Esuke (CA)

Edited by Kiba
Thanks Dreize. Just filling in some names.

I always try to get them first. You're super fast with the video posting, though.

Takenoko messed up twice because of that in the first video. I mean, I know the minimum damage was cut in half but he clearly didn't need OD to finish the opponents off.

I've been wondering about that 17th Dan Valkenhayn named "Akitainu". Never seen nor heard of him before (name change perhaps) yet he's now in third.

That's not the first time someone has told me that actually. I didn't think I was that fast, then again I am from the future (UK time zone).

I haven't updated the dan ranking since the 1st September, because I began to get a little lazy with it. 'Akitainu' is now 2nd in the ranking, but I have no idea who he is.

Yeah, your timezone probably plays a role in the speedy posting. You not knowing who he is makes him even more mysterious since you seem to be on top of the Japanese Valkenhayn names.

Any idea as to when we're finally going to rename this sub-forum to "Kiba and Dreize's private posting area"?

Now that I think about it I haven't been able to locate Shiro's profile. I don't think it's safe to assume but he's the only other high dan Valk I'm aware of, unless it's one of those players who doesn't show on the camera.

Any idea as to when we're finally going to rename this sub-forum to "Kiba and Dreize's private posting area"?

Hopefully it won't come to that haha! On a side note, seems like 236C routes are the way to go for the side switch combos, and it's nice to see it being confirmed from a w5A > w5C combo. Also, some time ago a Valk (I think it was Masashi?) confirmed that w5A > w5C > 6D > j.A > 5B > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 5B > 2C does not work. The combo drops after 6B. I've been wanting to know about that for a while, but now we know why most Valk players use the 6C > 3C ender from w5A > w5C. Doing 6C earlier deals slightly more damage.

ALSO I haven't been talking here much about any Valk updates. Each time I see a Valk use CT most of the time it seems to be a waste. With our combo thread having the evidence, the max damage we can get from Corner 6C is 3.7k, but I saw Yuitaba use CT in the middle to get a total of 4K. When the game drops I'm definitely making a video showcasing Valk CT combos (without OD, you have MSY's combo movie for some), because his one seems almost nonexistent combo wise. Ofc he doesn't have to use it for mixup since the wolf supplements for that.

Finally, when Valks knock the opponent down, sometimes they run away on their wakeup. That is weird. Perhaps they think they would land hits better in neutral but I would prefer they keep the oki to keep the opponent guessing. I really wonder why they do that.

Edited by Kiba

Now that I think about it I haven't been able to locate Shiro's profile. I don't think it's safe to assume but he's the only other high dan Valk I'm aware of, unless it's one of those players who doesn't show on the camera.

Sam recently mentioned something about Shiro in the 1on1 tourney.

N-O got absolutely bodied by Shiro's valk in the 1on1 tourney... That was the saddest/dumbest thing I've ever watched in my life.

So I'm thinking that Shiro may have changed his name to Wiki No Hito as that's the only Valkenhayn who actually got to play N-O (and beat him) in the recent 1on1 tourney that I posted. This theory is just further emphasized by the fact that I hadn't heard of anyone named Wiki No Hito prior to this tournament. I could be wrong, though.

Hopefully it won't come to that haha! On a side note, seems like 236C routes are the way to go for the side switch combos, and it's nice to see it being confirmed from a w5A > w5C combo. Also, some time ago a Valk (I think it was Masashi?) confirmed that w5A > w5C > 6D > j.A > 5B > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 5B > 2C does not work. The combo drops after 6B. I've been wanting to know about that for a while, but now we know why most Valk players use the 6C > 3C ender from w5A > w5C. Doing 6C earlier deals slightly more damage.

ALSO I haven't been talking here much about any Valk updates. Each time I see a Valk use CT most of the time it seems to be a waste. With our combo thread having the evidence, the max damage we can get from Corner 6C is 3.7k, but I saw Yuitaba use CT in the middle to get a total of 4K. When the game drops I'm definitely making a video showcasing Valk CT combos (without OD, you have MSY's combo movie for some), because his one seems almost nonexistent combo wise. Ofc he doesn't have to use it for mixup since the wolf supplements for that.

Finally, when Valks knock the opponent down, sometimes they run away on their wakeup. That is weird. Perhaps they think they would land hits better in neutral but I would prefer they keep the oki to keep the opponent guessing. I really wonder why they do that.

It's already come to it, aha.

Yeah, I keep seeing more and more of the 236C back to corner stuff. Love the look of those combos, so I'm content. Which reminds me, make sure to post those combos in the guide; as I removed them from the combo thread.

The combo that Masashi did ending up not working doesn't surprise me (since it's from a w[5A] starter). Would've been nice if it did, though.

CT's are like schwarz jagd and gold bursts, doing them earlier in the combo is better because of the bonus proration. Sadly our CT is looking to be pretty useless thus far, especially since meter is a hot-commodity in this game. You'll most likely be getting the game before me, so I expect frequent updates on new stuff!

Lastly, I've seen the running away as well. Spacing yourself out from the opponent in order to land a well-spaced w[5C] is one thing, but actually running away just seems silly.

'Akitainu' is Souji. Just found that out. Unexpected but nice! He's in the a-cho vids that Jourdal is currently uploading (In Dreize's below post).

So I'm thinking that Shiro may have changed his name to Wiki No Hito as that's the only Valkenhayn who actually got to play N-O (and beat him) in the recent 1on1 tourney that I posted. This theory is just further emphasized by the fact that I hadn't heard of anyone named Wiki No Hito prior to this tournament. I could be wrong, though.

I'll do some research on this tonight.

Yeah, I keep seeing more and more of the 236C back to corner stuff. Love the look of those combos, so I'm content. Which reminds me, make sure to post those combos in the guide; as I removed them from the combo thread.

Sure

CT's are like schwarz jagd and gold bursts, doing them earlier in the combo is better because of the bonus proration. Sadly our CT is looking to be pretty useless thus far, especially since meter is a hot-commodity in this game. You'll most likely be getting the game before me, so I expect frequent updates on new stuff!

:eng101:

Lastly, I've seen the running away as well. Spacing yourself out from the opponent in order to land a well-spaced w[5C] is one thing, but actually running away just seems silly.

This is exactly what I said when i was discussing Valk yesterday.

9/8 Playland F1

Valkenhayn vs Nu-13 - This wasn't bad at all. Sorry I don't know the names.

I found out who this Valkenhayn is. It's Fuse, a Ragna player.

Edited by Kiba

I'll do some research on this tonight.

Yeah Waki No Hito is Shiro. Found the profile. It's here.

Thanks for getting the matches Dreize. A lot of good stuff there. Souji was really good to watch and I hope he shows up more. Suya leveled up a lil, Yuitaba was cool too, pulling off a lil swag combos here and there alongside Suya (with the w236A > IAD j.AA stuff) & Shiro was dropping a lot of stuff. I think I have a growing love for the > w5B > IAD j.B > j.C > w5B > etc combo route since it looks real cool. I have to retract what I said earlier. All the Valks have really put on a show, especially Suya and Yuitaba who pitched quite a good number of players.

Valk ftw.

Edited by Kiba