Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn Video Thread (Updated 3/21/14)

Yeah my bad, i double and triple checked Wiki no hito (who eliminated n-o from singles) is Shiro. Souji has been playing valk since post Arc Revo.

9/22 a-cho

Ciel (HK) vs Shiro (VK)

Galileo (LI) vs Shiro (VK) | Part 2 | Part 3

Galileo (LI) vs Yuitaba (VK) Yuitaba uses this corner combo: 5A > 5C > [2D > 5C] x3 > 6D > j.A > 5D > h[5C > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C > 236B] which deals 2.8k. That's pretty good coming from a 5A starter.

Dogura (AZ) vs Yuitaba (VK) | Part 2

Edited by Kiba

I agree with you dude I was really pleased with how he handled the matchup. Shiro got unlucky in that last match against Galileo however.

9/27 Tachikawa

Goro (MK) vs Nao (VK)

8/24 LL Koiwa

Jin vs Valkenhayn - This actually isn't bad. Notice at 5:01 he used 2A after 236A and still managed to block Jin's DP. Of course this is no surprise since Jin's DP has slow startup.

Valkenhayn vs Noel

Ragna vs Valkenhayn - I like how the player is interrupting Ragna's Gauntlet Hades followup with 2A. For those that do not know, gauntlet hades is even more unsafe in CP that you can interrupt it with 2A. You no longer need to worry about Ragna following up.

Edited by Kiba

9/21 a-cho

Yuitaba (VK) vs Poropiccho (HK)

Shiro (VK) vs Poropiccho (HK)

Shiro (VK) vs Hakumen

Shiro (VK) vs Film (HK)

Suya (VK) vs Film (HK)

Yuitaba (VK) vs Aru (HZ)

Yuitaba (VK) vs Noze (HZ)

Shiro (VK) vs Noze (HZ)

Suya (VK) vs Noze (HZ)

These are already in the video thread. Jourdal previously uploaded the tournament with the same character team tournament, but this is just if anyone wants to watch them in better quality.

Dunno what really happened in that match for Masashi to screw up so badly.

Seems he respected the Nu's zoning way too much in the first round. He could have punished 236D~C easily with w66D and get a jC CH but simply blocked and waited.

Afterwards he didn't respect anything it seems and just focused on rushing.

Well that's at least my opinion.

wj236B>2D>wj214A seems quite useful against Nu though. Unless you're predictable and gets hit by her 2D during the startup of wj236B.

He could have punished 236D~C easily with w66D and get a jC CH but simply blocked and waited.

9 times out of 10 it's going to trade with spike chaser and you're gonna give Nu a new combo because Masashi was full screen away to begin with. It only really works against 214D~C if you can do w66D on anticipation. Also notice that most times Protos used Gravity well before using Spike Chaser, which would have nerfed the w66D movement. With this in mind and considering the circumstances Masashi would have had to be a good dog and block or try the w66D > j.C and trade, or lose. However this did work once when he managed to grab Protos only because he was closer.

Protos did a nice job at keeping Masashi on lock from afar.

Edited by Kiba

It's mostly doing it early that I meant hence why I said jC CH because of hitting Nu when she's in the recovery of Spike Chaser. More than once, Masashi was simply sitting and blocking without being in gravity seeds. (If you feel like watching it again, check 0:26 and 1:36. He had more than enough time for the first one. Not sure for the second one though. Would have been quite strict.)

However, I agree with the fact that blocking is the best option with gravity seeds.

Now that I think about it, perhaps Masashi was rushing in the end on wake-up to avoid the sickle oki ?

And yeah, Protos did some really good reads to keep him at bay.