Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

Guilty Bits video series- Official thread

That seemed pretty good to me! Might show a few to my friends after a couple more are made.

If you're ever unsure of what to say about a certain character I'm sure you could find people on DL to fill you in.

pretty nice. my only complain is that the intro took a long time (90 seconds out of a 230 second video!). i assume this is because this is the first video and intended to give an overview of the whole series. assuming that the intro is heavily shortened in future videos, then i have no complaints.

i assume this is because this is the first video and intended to give an overview of the whole series.

Exactly. The next intros will jump straight to the character stuff.

That seemed pretty good to me! Might show a few to my friends after a couple more are made.

If you're ever unsure of what to say about a certain character I'm sure you could find people on DL to fill you in.

That's would be great. While the vids are pretty basic, we need actual character experts to help and approve everything.

I like it and posted it on FB. I know some people that think fighting games are mindless button mashers and simplistic because they are 2D.

So are these pretty much "characters at a glance"? Or will there be mechanic bits too, like explaining FD jumps and their uses?

This is to get people interested in the game, not to teach them how to win in it.

Thanks Novril! I can't wait to watch this with audio when I get home from work. We really need more people to pick up this game and I'm glad you're putting forth all this effort to try and entice new players.

So... did you start trolling online with May's 6P yet? Or land a hit and teleport spam with Chipp?

I hear the guy who narrates it is monstrously handsome. ;)

I like it and posted it on FB. I know some people that think fighting games are mindless button mashers and simplistic because they are 2D.

Novril's handy diagram showing Eddie/Zato attacking in tandem will hopefully change some minds.

Novril's handy diagram showing Eddie/Zato attacking in tandem will hopefully change some minds.
Yeah, I should mention you had really nice graphics in this. Good job.

very well done stuff, only thing i'd change is the video's title. if that video is supposed to introduce people to eddie, you should probably mention eddie in the title.

looking forward to more!

Hey yeah, I recognize that handsomefatman url. You frequent Sirlin's forum right?

You bet!

Not that I'm top player status, but if you want some help creating a similar narration for Venom, I would be glad to help.

Not that I'm top player status, but if you want some help creating a similar narration for Venom, I would be glad to help.

You don't need to be a top player, just knowledgeable about the character. In any case I already got Venom covered. I could use other characters though...

You don't need to be a top player, just knowledgeable about the character. In any case I already got Venom covered. I could use other characters though...

I can help with Sol.

Would you guys mind if I put this up on my Tumblr Blog? I get a lot of people asking me how to play GG or just the basics, and while I do direct them to specific threads, showing is often a better teacher than simply reading if you ask me.

Still-left-to-do list:

A.B.A

Anji

Axl

Baiken

Bridget

Chipp

Dizzy

Faust

I-no

Jam

Johnny

Justice

Kliff

May

Millia

Order Sol

Robo-Ky

Slayer

Sol

Testament

Zappa

What info do you need to make your video for a character? Do you need footage too?
If you do, the Axl Video Thread is very up-to-date. *Eyebrow waggle*