Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

Guilty Bits video series- Official thread

Nehle hasn't posted in like a month. *sigh* Where are the Dizzy players when you need them?

just wanted to say keep up the awesome work tataki/specs and I cant wait to see what guilty bits builds up to. its great to see gg community putting together resources and making good quality media.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 2

just wanted to say keep up the awesome work tataki/specs and I cant wait to see what guilty bits builds up to. its great to see gg community putting together resources and making good quality media.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 2

This. Also, Jam finally!!!

Problems left:

Baiken

Dizzy

Kliff

Justice

Seriously, can Justice and Kliff really be done at this point? Are there people who know enough about them just from +R vids alone?

Okay so from what I recall of your videos the formula is something like this, right?

- Character Type

- Good normals

- Notable special moves

- Offense/okizeme

- Defense

- Notable differences in +R

In that case, we can absolutely do that. These videos are introductions to get balls rolling, not 4398 page guides on every single situation in every single matchup.

So for Justice it's:

Character Type: A big, slow wall of hitbox. Whether to play aggressively or as a pure zoner depends on the matchup. (if the character has a DP, keep them the hell out. If the opponent is Faust/Dizzy/Zappa/Axl then stay on top of them and never EVER let them poke you)

Notable normals: 5S hits four times no matter what, thus breaking armour moves and making hitconfirms into michael sword a cinch.

2K is one of her two lows, the other of course being 2D

6P hits twice, is an overhead and is a super good antiair.

6H is a gigantic poke, launches.

Notable special moves: 236P's a counter. Identical properties to her throw if it connects.

22+ATK for nukes. Can fire another nuke at the end of the previous one's recovery. Nukes detonate on contact with the opponent, or if you let go of the appropriate button.

41236S/H for the knockdown moves. S versions knock them down far away, H versions cause wallbounce. Ground H combos off 6P into 5H or off a 6H. Air H version combos off j.S. Which one you go for is matchup-specific (do you want to keep zoning or do you want to pressure?), but the H ones lead to optimised damage and crazy good meter gain.

Offense:

Do chains into michael sword.

If you land a 6H (or get one for free off a throw/counter), do air combo.

Nuke FRC allows her to lay down ridiculous pressure, as nukes and 5S build tremendous guard bar.

2K chains into 6P, giving her a grounded high/low mixup game that is to be feared.

236D is completely worthless in combos as she can't combo off the wallbounce, but its recovery on whiff is so fast that you can just zip up with a whiffed one and go for a throw.

Defense:

Has a shoryu with an FRC point! It's not low-invulnerable. :v:

5H, 2H and 6H are good antiairs. As is c.S

632146H (Michael Blade) is a reversal super that goes full screen instantly and launches on hit. Use it to whiff punish everything. Also has an FRC point if you want to be completely safe.

Backdash has the second-most invulnerability after Potemkin's.

Notable things in +R

Can't run. No airdash. Double jump only.

Gains a ton of meter by walking forward. All the more reason to nuke FRC and just walk forward.

Don't even think about using that stupid Install. Getting back a slower versoin of her old mobility options is not worth cranking your guard bar up to max, having a recovery animation that goes for a million years and being put in negative penalty. Spend meter on reversal supers and nuke FRCs instead.

And for Kliff it's:

- j.H launches

- 5K launches

- j.K is an instant overhead that chains into j.S j.H into air combo, or the spinning sword if you're near the corner and have 50 tension so you can do the stun combo.

- DP is tech-trap heaven

- Man up and switch to +R Robo-ky you ninny.

I was actually going to suggest Pichy for Justice and make some mentions of Kliff, but I hadn't seen him around the Justice section for a while. I'd like to add that Nukes are good for oki (it should be obvious, but wasn't outright stated), and 5K, 2S, and f.S are also good zoning tools, and. Honesly, all of Justice's normals are pretty boss.

I dunno if this was mentioned anywhere so I think it should be put here at least, but I'm pretty sure Kliff's old 2H is now his 2S, and vice-versa. The move that relaunches on OTG, where he thrusts his sword into the ground, is now 2S in +R. This obviously isn't evident just by watching videos, but lo and behold, that's how it is on the Vita. 2S to disc and blah blah blah mash buttons congratulations you can play Kliff.

Also:

-6P does more stun damage than May's. :vbang:

-Crossups all day with 214K and airdash j.H and j.41236S FRC.

-Dodge (214P) and 5D increase Kliff's dizzy rating, which can make the dodge fail pretty often. Kliff can never actually dizzy himself, though.

-6H does 100 damage. Full charge does 200. Dodge to FB chop does *119 Dizzy damage. I think you know how this goes.

-P disc (236P) is good for oki and pressure, + on block. S has huge hitbox but slow startup, causes slide.

So yeah, old man and codpiece woman.

Shyaa.

Okay so from what I recall of your videos the formula is something like this, right?

No. The formula is that you tell me EVERYTHING there is to know about the +R version of a character, and once I feel like I really understand the character I sit and write the script.

- Character Type

- Good normals

- Notable special moves

- Offense/okizeme

- Defense

- Notable differences in +R

In that case, we can absolutely do that. These videos are introductions to get balls rolling, not 4398 page guides on every single situation in every single matchup.

So for Justice it's:

Character Type: A big, slow wall of hitbox. Whether to play aggressively or as a pure zoner depends on the matchup. (if the character has a DP, keep them the hell out. If the opponent is Faust/Dizzy/Zappa/Axl then stay on top of them and never EVER let them poke you)

Notable normals: 5S hits four times no matter what, thus breaking armour moves and making hitconfirms into michael sword a cinch.

2K is one of her two lows, the other of course being 2D

6P hits twice, is an overhead and is a super good antiair.

6H is a gigantic poke, launches.

Notable special moves: 236P's a counter. Identical properties to her throw if it connects.

22+ATK for nukes. Can fire another nuke at the end of the previous one's recovery. Nukes detonate on contact with the opponent, or if you let go of the appropriate button.

41236S/H for the knockdown moves. S versions knock them down far away, H versions cause wallbounce. Ground H combos off 6P into 5H or off a 6H. Air H version combos off j.S. Which one you go for is matchup-specific (do you want to keep zoning or do you want to pressure?), but the H ones lead to optimised damage and crazy good meter gain.

Offense:

Do chains into michael sword.

If you land a 6H (or get one for free off a throw/counter), do air combo.

Nuke FRC allows her to lay down ridiculous pressure, as nukes and 5S build tremendous guard bar.

2K chains into 6P, giving her a grounded high/low mixup game that is to be feared.

236D is completely worthless in combos as she can't combo off the wallbounce, but its recovery on whiff is so fast that you can just zip up with a whiffed one and go for a throw.

Defense:

Has a shoryu with an FRC point! It's not low-invulnerable. :v:

5H, 2H and 6H are good antiairs. As is c.S

632146H (Michael Blade) is a reversal super that goes full screen instantly and launches on hit. Use it to whiff punish everything. Also has an FRC point if you want to be completely safe.

Backdash has the second-most invulnerability after Potemkin's.

Notable things in +R

Can't run. No airdash. Double jump only.

Gains a ton of meter by walking forward. All the more reason to nuke FRC and just walk forward.

Don't even think about using that stupid Install. Getting back a slower versoin of her old mobility options is not worth cranking your guard bar up to max, having a recovery animation that goes for a million years and being put in negative penalty. Spend meter on reversal supers and nuke FRCs instead.

And for Kliff it's:

- j.H launches

- 5K launches

- j.K is an instant overhead that chains into j.S j.H into air combo, or the spinning sword if you're near the corner and have 50 tension so you can do the stun combo.

- DP is tech-trap heaven

- Man up and switch to +R Robo-ky you ninny.

I was actually going to suggest Pichy for Justice and make some mentions of Kliff, but I hadn't seen him around the Justice section for a while. I'd like to add that Nukes are good for oki (it should be obvious, but wasn't outright stated), and 5K, 2S, and f.S are also good zoning tools, and. Honesly, all of Justice's normals are pretty boss.

I dunno if this was mentioned anywhere so I think it should be put here at least, but I'm pretty sure Kliff's old 2H is now his 2S, and vice-versa. The move that relaunches on OTG, where he thrusts his sword into the ground, is now 2S in +R. This obviously isn't evident just by watching videos, but lo and behold, that's how it is on the Vita. 2S to disc and blah blah blah mash buttons congratulations you can play Kliff.

Also:

-6P does more stun damage than May's. :vbang:

-Crossups all day with 214K and airdash j.H and j.41236S FRC.

-Dodge (214P) and 5D increase Kliff's dizzy rating, which can make the dodge fail pretty often. Kliff can never actually dizzy himself, though.

-6H does 100 damage. Full charge does 200. Dodge to FB chop does *119 Dizzy damage. I think you know how this goes.

-P disc (236P) is good for oki and pressure, + on block. S has huge hitbox but slow startup, causes slide.

So yeah, old man and codpiece woman.

Shyaa.

These are good starting points but will you be able to write something a bit more comprehensive? Also consider that I never bothered to be familiar with their movelists because they were always console exclusives in the past.

I was actually going to suggest Pichy for Justice and make some mentions of Kliff, but I hadn't seen him around the Justice section for a while.

Yeah, I've been busy with work, helping organise a local convention and teaching the local Capcom community how to GG. Also switching mains in KOF13 every few weeks only to go back to Kula, but I've been doing that with the game since launch.

These are good starting points but will you be able to write something a bit more comprehensive? Also consider that I never bothered to be familiar with their movelists because they were always console exclusives in the past.

If Pichy is still too busy, I might be able to do a Justice write-up in a little while. I've been playing her quite a bit on the Vita version, but I still need to go over some footage that was posted a while back. She's still not seeing much use.

Kliff, on the other hand, has gone beyond my scope. I was thinking that dodge to FB Chop (with its x119 dizzy modifier) was always the best option, but the frame data fails to mention that it doesn't dizzy opponents you hit with it who are sliding...or the fact that you can't cancel into his dodge anyway.

Since I'm trying to get the wiki as complete as possible, would you mind if I put character videos on their +R pages as they're released?

You combo into FB dodge off of combos like j.H j.41236S, land, 2S 236S FRC CHOP. Can't remember if the 1.00 combo of throw -> dash -> 2S, 236S FRC CHOP still works.

I'll be fine once this weekend's over, pretty much. Busy running tourneys for things that aren't GG.

Since I'm trying to get the wiki as complete as possible, would you mind if I put character videos on their +R pages as they're released?

Not at all.

Speaking of the +R wiki, I changed Slayer's bite command to 236H since, well, that's how you do it in +R...

All I need right now is to wait for the last 3 scripts in the works and then the hardest part of the series will be over.

Pretty good stuff.

Lol I really like the name. You should go around IRL asking people if they want to see your "Guilty Bits."

It comes when I have time to finish writing stuff about my wife. Which is right now, actually.