Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

Guilty Bits video series- Official thread

Considering neither is an attack that you would just throw out, I don't think it's an important detail for a beginner video.

Good to know though.

Considering neither is an attack that you would just throw out, I don't think it's an important detail for a beginner video.

Good to know though.

you can use them as pressuring tools and so when it connects and they just so happen to have built up enough meter for the next bar to appear, it may be confusing... so yes probably not important enough for people that don't actually plan on playing roboky... but i think its important enough for when you actually use him

Robo-ky's 2hs is really good to make people respect the airspace right in front and above of him. It even needs to be blocked with faultless defense, and on counterhit it's a free combo. When you play the matchup correctly you'll never get in position to get hit by it, but that's because you avoid this angle completely; so you need to know how to use it to make people think twice to jump on you.

In general, 16 is one of the best ep. of GB! ;)

Keep up the good work man! :)

Can anyone share with me a purchased JP version so I can finally start recording the GB episodes left in +R and I'll deactivate the share as soon as NA gets the patch, hopefully within a week?

My friends all want to wait for the patch and not buy it again so my only use for it now is for recording footage...

Edit: NVM got a share. Back to production...

Now I'm glad you never did AC ABA. :toot:
Yeah, A.B.A.'s pretty different in AC+R, right? The buffs to Goku Moroha make her game plan even more aggressive than it was in AC.

Slayer up.

I've been thinking about making a special episode about FRC and how to learn to do them. I wonder who in the forum is knowledgeable enough in the game's technicalities to help with a subject like this...

Slayer up.

I've been thinking about making a special episode about FRC and how to learn to do them. I wonder who in the forum is knowledgeable enough in the game's technicalities to help with a subject like this...

Heh, I was waiting for this! Was playing my accent core + demo earlier as slayer. So I was hoping guilty bits would do slayer soon! thanks

How would you want to approach? Everyone's technique for this aspect might be different. Would you want to cover them all?

How would you want to approach? Everyone's technique for this aspect might be different. Would you want to cover them all?

General tips I guess. Not going through all the existing FRCs specifically obviously...

Is there even a way to learn FRC's outside of trying to match the timing of the white flash on input display? I know in a few cases I used extra mode to add 5 frames to see if I was doing it too early and to get a feel of it, but overall I just went with the flash.

some are done by pure muscle memory, others can rely upon looking for a specific animation frame... how do you teach people links, because that's basically what this is

Actually I have a ton of things to say about learning FRCs, I just need some peer review that's all.

FRC's are false roman cancels right?

I sadly cannot be of any assistance with the lack of a training mode. That and I can barely do it for the life of me as Slayer.

General tips I guess. Not going through all the existing FRCs specifically obviously...

Not every single FRC obviously, but along the lines of different techniques ppl use (training mode flash, visual+audio cues, pure muscle memory through blinding).

I personally learned by learning the timing via input display, then closing my eyes so my hand muscles were the only thing working to learn the timing, while practicing doing the FRC in common use areas and random obscure movements/situations.

Audio training isn't a good idea for obvious reasons (tournament), and visual cues may mess with you if the frc timing is in the middle of a complicated string or movement, or out of nowhere in the middle of a move. (Ino's throw/Dizzy ice spike).

Remember there are three different types of learning; audio, visual, and kinesthetic (doing). Perhaps a brief pointer on all three? Just a thought.

I need some beta testers for the FRC episode script, which is pretty much written now... Probably both newbies and veterans.

Remember that spanish translation thing? Sorry I've been busy and haven't been able to do squat, I'll get to it someday though!

Yeah, A.B.A.'s pretty different in AC+R, right? The buffs to Goku Moroha make her game plan even more aggressive than it was in AC.

I wouldn't say different, more like better/stronger.

I need some beta testers for the FRC episode script, which is pretty much written now... Probably both newbies and veterans.

I can take a look, you still have my email right?

I can take a look, you still have my email right?

I can probably share it with some of the character contributors and let people add side comments. It would be nice to have players of different characters give feedback.