Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

Guilty Bits video series- Official thread

You're expecting +R so soon?

I'm saving the new characters for last, that's all there is to it. Random googling says 1.11's release date was april 10th so I guess only vids from that date are a valid source regarding Kliff.

I was wondering...

Who is helping out with Dizzy info stuffs for her video?

Lofobal and I wrote the script together.

I was wondering if you're planning on doing subtitles or something for other languages for the series, I'd be more than pleased on translating the scripts to spanish if you're up to it, after all I think these are great and the mexican scene isn't that big so I'm sure Guilty Bits would help to get people interested.

I was wondering if you're planning on doing subtitles or something for other languages for the series, I'd be more than pleased on translating the scripts to spanish if you're up to it, after all I think these are great and the mexican scene isn't that big so I'm sure Guilty Bits would help to get people interested.

This presents several problems though:

1. It clutters the screen and makes the videos annoying to watch for people who don't need it. (the majority)

2. It will be a lot of extra work to adjust the timing of the subtitles. (I've done subtitles before so I know how long it takes)

3. Since I don't speak Spanish I can't really know the content of the translation, which is crucial because I chose my words very carefully in the scripts. (Especially after the Anji drama lol)

Putting up closed captions for other languages would expand the impact of an already useful series of videos. Closed captions aren't on by default, so that shouldn't clutter the video for people watching in English. I can't speak to the timing difficulty or your desire for precision in content (and I believe strongly in precision, since I graduated with a degree in philosophy and was trained in the analytic tradition), but I do believe the potential benefits could outweigh the risks. Some of the best players are already international (Shinjin, FAB), and if you even got one player interested who could get to that level by including subtitles in other languages, I'd say it'd be worth it.

This presents several problems though:

1. It clutters the screen and makes the videos annoying to watch for people who don't need it. (the majority)

2. It will be a lot of extra work to adjust the timing of the subtitles. (I've done subtitles before so I know how long it takes)

3. Since I don't speak Spanish I can't really know the content of the translation, which is crucial because I chose my words very carefully in the scripts. (Especially after the Anji drama lol)

You can toggle subtitles on youtube, no? I don't know how hard it is to time them, but I can assure you that I'd pick my words as carefully as possible, the only problematic episode would be Potemkin's for obvious reasons :lol:

You can toggle subtitles on youtube, no? I don't know how hard it is to time them, but I can assure you that I'd pick my words as carefully as possible, the only problematic episode would be Potemkin's for obvious reasons :lol:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734698?hl=en&ref_topic=3014331

Learn how to make a file, make one for an old episode and send it to me and I'll try to connect it to the video and see what happens. The less work I have to invest in it, the better. Making the series itself is time consuming enough as it is and I really cannot afford to make the workload even bigger.

Edit: And during the opening music add something like "Translated to Spanish by X. The creators of the series do not take any responsibility over the translation." Because, well, we really don't, lol.

Chipp's video was pretty good, covered the FDC j.2k which was very important. I like that you mentioned his frame adv. normals too. The thing I felt was off was stating that his combo's are short. Other then ending combos with 2D's for a quick KD, his combos get pretty long and are very character specific if you want KD. Also no mention of alpha blade, gamma blade, or his invisibility. I know your only going for important specials, but they kind of are..

All in all, you taught any newcomers what they need to do to have a chance of winning with Chipp. So it's still pretty good job.

All in all, you taught any newcomers what they need to do to have a chance of winning with Chipp.

That's what the videos are for afaik - nothing more, nothing less.

The thing I felt was off was stating that his combo's are short. Other then ending combos with 2D's for a quick KD, his combos get pretty long and are very character specific if you want KD.

nitpicking. besides, i'd argue that even his longer combos are relatively short compared to other characters (though probably harder than most).

Also no mention of alpha blade, gamma blade, or his invisibility. I know your only going for important specials, but they kind of are..

as dream maker said, only the most important stuff was covered. important as in: stuff that actually matters on high level play. alpha has almost no place outside of combos, except for some setups after a particularly high j.HS -> alpha FRC to frame trap, which is gimmicky. gamma is a staple, but drops off in importance in high level play, same for invisibility. the other stuff was frankly just more important to cover. i had some more stuff in the script that i thought was important, such as some talk about 2D and how it evades certain lows, but it was cut.

The less info you clutter someone's brain with, the better he'll remember what you wanted to say the most. I tend to avoid talking about "combo only" moves unless I really feel they need to be mentioned, like Sol's Sidewinder. I also tend to avoid talking about moves that may be useful in very specific matchups, but GENERALLY are not used much.

This is a super-nitpick, but could you try to make sure the guy reading the script enunciates "forward" really clearly in the rest of the videos? I keep hearing "4" instead, and that's the exact opposite of what he's saying.

That's probably the only complaint I've ever had with these, btw. They're legit.

Yeah that's completely nitpicking, since we never mentioned number notations in the audio, just in visuals. There's no reason for a "four" to be mentioned so there should be no confusion.

It's confusing for anyone who already plays games with numpad notation. Since GG is a numpad notation game, and I'm accustomed to numpad notation, I expect to hear to hear "4C" instead of "forward C" -- so that's what I think I hear unless it's clearly pronounced. It's happened in almost every video.

This is a super-nitpick, but could you try to make sure the guy reading the script enunciates "forward" really clearly in the rest of the videos? I keep hearing "4" instead, and that's the exact opposite of what he's saying. That's probably the only complaint I've ever had with these, btw. They're legit.
how many people has heard 'forward' instead of 4? if this is true it's a pretty sizable misconception...

It's confusing for anyone who already plays games with numpad notation. Since GG is a numpad notation game, and I'm accustomed to numpad notation, I expect to hear to hear "4C" instead of "forward C" -- so that's what I think I hear unless it's clearly pronounced. It's happened in almost every video.

Dude you already know about the game. It's on like episode 16 now and noone has "mis-heard" except for you. Or has kept it to themselves.

Actually that's impossible since all the videos haven't mentioned anything about a C button. I think you were watching the BlazBits and/or Persona Bits videos.

Episode 16 is live.

Good episode! As a Jam main I never knew what the fuck Robo-Kys did that change their moves so rapidly. I thought everything was hovered by the heat gauge.

we need justice mane...

rip trayvon

serious note keep up the awesome work. hopefully projects like these draw out more effort from og players and other content creators to step it up!

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 2