Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

Guilty Bits video series- Official thread

Thank you for the videos. It definitely shows that a lot of work was put into it. I can't wait for the rest of them.

I do have a question though. If the series are geared (HAH, get it?) towards GG newbies, why did you start the series off with Eddie and Venom? I know GG has a lot of really cool characters that are nice to showcase, but aren't those two a little beginner-unfriendly? I would feel kind of bad luring in new players with episode 1's Eddie and then telling them "no, start with Sol/Ky" instead. Yes, he's complex and rewarding, but for a newb, I feel like it's more important for them to be able to compete/do cool stuff right away lest they get turned off by the game's complexities.

With 25 characters, I believe it's possible to find a nice rotation between characters that are easy to pick up, and those that have...character. (Personal note: Characters like Bridget, I-No, Zappa, Johnny, Dizzy, and Eddie are what drew me into GG in the first place.) It would be certainly better than 10 straight videos showing off awesome characters that one, unfortunately, can't play.

Then again, perhaps you guys already have thought of this and my concerns are pointless. But if episode 3 features I-No....

Telling new players to start with Sol probably isn't the best idea either. He needs some FRCs, and sidewinder loop is hard. You can get by on scrubbing it up with VV CH into bandit revolver for only so long. He's pretty difficult on execution, even if he doesn't require as much forethought as Dizzy or Zappa. Ky is simple, but also needs his FRCs.

Explain Faust next if you want to do an easy character. He's fun and wacky, but doesn't need FRCs, and people might be interested in figuring out what to do with his items.

The purpose of the videos is to get new people interested in the game, period. This isn't like MVC3 where as a spectator you don't need to know much more than "oh he connected a hit now he's going to kill." or "careful of Doom's footdive!", and people can't get interested in something they can't understand.

If someone is already motivated enough to pick up the game and learn a specific character, he's beyond the scope of the videos.

Let me know if you need Zappa insight. 10+ years with the same character must mean I know something, amiright?

Skype, bro.

Arvoyea already said he'd help with Sol, but if under any circumstances he isn't able to, or you need additional input, I can also help greatly with Sol.

I have some knowledge of Order Sol as well, if that helps.

Arvoyea already said he'd help with Sol, but if under any circumstances he isn't able to, or you need additional input, I can also help greatly with Sol.

I have some knowledge of Order Sol as well, if that helps.

Actually nobody contacted me regarding Sol so feel free.

Just dropping a reply to say thanks; GG's been a game I've been interesting in getting into for a while now, but not knowing any definitive way to get started has hung that up. Thanks for alleviating that with this series.

If you need I-no input feel free to contact me if you haven't got someone reputable already. Looking forward to her episode to draw in all the execution monsters.

I'm sure you already have someone in mind, but if you're looking to do a Jam video, I'm sure St1ckBuG or myself would do fine. My Skype is Amadeous4446, feel free to contact me whenever.

While I'm not the best player, I'll help with Anji if you can't get any of the real Anji players for some reason.

While I'm not the best player, I'll help with Anji if you can't get any of the real Anji players for some reason.

I'm sure you already have someone in mind, but if you're looking to do a Jam video, I'm sure St1ckBuG or myself would do fine. My Skype is Amadeous4446, feel free to contact me whenever.

Both of you should consider that these videos are guides for +R, not AC. This means they require extensive knowledge about the current, inaccessible version of the characters.

That's fine. I've gone through the mooks released for AC+R, updated the frame data, managed the threads for the AC+R Discussion in the Jam forums, and of course have tried to watch as much video as I can.

Left to do list update:

A.B.A

Anji

Axl

Baiken

Bridget

Chipp

Dizzy

Faust

I-no

Justice

Kliff

May

Millia

Robo-Ky

Slayer

Testament

Zappa

Both of you should consider that these videos are guides for +R, not AC. This means they require extensive knowledge about the current, inaccessible version of the characters.

While I've done the bulk of updating the Zappa forums with the +R information / videos, I can only be hypothetical and recall other (Japanese) player's tactics, not from my own experience. A great deal of Zappa has changed (just look at the tier jump from AC to +R). I'm not saying I won't help by giving my input, I'm simply concerned about the accuracy of my knowledge not playing the game (+R) yet and only using information provided by third-parties.

While I've done the bulk of updating the Zappa forums with the +R information / videos, I can only be hypothetical and recall other (Japanese) player's tactics, not from my own experience. A great deal of Zappa has changed (just look at the tier jump from AC to +R). I'm not saying I won't help by giving my input, I'm simply concerned about the accuracy of my knowledge not playing the game (+R) yet and only using information provided by third-parties.

You are also never online on skype which is currently the only problem in my book.

You are also never online on skype which is currently the only problem in my book.

Didn't realize that was a requirement. I'll make myself available for you (baby).

euhm, That video goes like "You can do whatever you want after they learn to respect your safejump" which is wrong. If I see my opponent do something of which I know is not dp safe, I will throw one out. However, dps have activation time and if you time your 2P perfectly, you can force him to guard using that. That in turn you can mixup with a direct 2K or overhead.