Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

Guilty Bits video series- Official thread

That's it. I'm finally done with all the available scripts. After Stromlocke gets to take care of Robo, only 9 characters will be left to cover.

A.B.A

Baiken

Bridget

Dizzy

Justice

Kliff

May

Slayer

Testament

The point of these videos is to get people interested in playing a character, not necessarily to teach them everything there is to know.

It's a fine line to be sure, since you could argue that if they're already watching, you may as well go as in depth as possible, but that's what Dustloop's for.

My original draft for the Johnny video started going on about JI KJ frame traps and dash Jackhounds, lol. In the end, the people that will want to learn such things will find a way to do so. These videos are just to get people interested.

And I'm not satisfied with that... Oh well

As if GG tutorial vids on the internet begin and end with my already hard-working ass... No one is stopping you from producing the epic 5 hour in-depth Order Sol video tutorial you have always dreamed of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_634712&feature=iv&src_vid=ZSTEXcJqxGM&v=ZSTEXcJqxGM

Hell, if you do that I'll even link straight to it from my vid to increase exposure.

But a more realistic way to help is to make sure you character's forum section is well organized for newbies who come in and want to learn.

It's a fine line to be sure, since you could argue that if they're already watching, you may as well go as in depth as possible

Shorter videos get way more exposure, which is something this game needs.

The point of these videos is to get people interested in playing a character, not necessarily to teach them everything there is to know.

It's a fine line to be sure, since you could argue that if they're already watching, you may as well go as in depth as possible, but that's what Dustloop's for.

My original draft for the Johnny video started going on about JI KJ frame traps and dash Jackhounds, lol. In the end, the people that will want to learn such things will find a way to do so. These videos are just to get people interested.

Sure, but I would more emphasis on how the character plays, not his level guage.

When this series first started, I thought it would be sweet if they could get Mike Z to narrate the Potemkin episode. Didn't really expect it to happen, though.

Sometimes, April 1st is like Christmas on the internet.

Everyone who has an episode in the works other than robo and jam please check and approved the up to date versions of the scripts.

Everyone who has an episode in the works other than robo and jam please check and approved the up to date versions of the scripts.

Zappa's looks fine.

I-no is looking good.

Only thing I would advise is to note that her vertical chemical love is mainly for combos and situational AA. And her horizontal CL is very risky against chars that can run under it or have horizontal moving specials that can punish (like Sol's grand viper, Anji's fuujin, Dizzy ice spike, Baiken superman counter, ect.)

Because as of now the script reads like there is no downside to simply throwing the move out.

Use with caution.

Other than that looks great.

So apparently everything about Anji's video is wrong, but Zidane's too cool for Dustloop so he never got to provide any input.

To be fair not everything. Just the "Anji has subpar pokes and neutral" statement, as well as Kai being plus on block when it's neg on IB.

Plus no mention of that godly 5P...

EVERYTHING

Novril, if there's any chance you're up for posting errata, could you get with @zidanel33t and try to fix this? Even the frame data could tell you a lot of that stuff is inaccurate.

Zidane has expressed his willingness to give info, he just never is on these forums much anymore. So that would be cool.

1. Since the inception of fighting games not everyone has played a character the exact same way, so it's even possible to "not fully agree" with a character tutorial. This was bound to happen at some point and it's not the end of the world like you make of it so first of all CHILL.

2. Going on a twitter tantrum and start shitting on everything is not a way to do business, especially when the guy you are shitting on has put in dozens of hours (actually it's probably into the triple digits by now) of hard work into this and you didn't even care enough until you saw something you don't like.

3. mynus, keep your focus on the I-no episode please.

4. Let's put this in perspective- This is the 8th episode out of 25, and all the right buttons were given, right? It's just some of the descriptions and wordings that some people don't agree with, right? (For example calling +1 and +2 "small frame advantages" and putting Kai under Anji's oki -- to be used with a shitsu -- and not his neutral still isn't clear enough in your opinion.) I could start addressing each and every complaint myself but I'd rather you take it with the contributor instead. You have an Anji forum, which is there to share info and discuss how a character should be played, maybe it's a good time to start using it.

Guilty Bits is literally dustloop in video form, because other than the Eddie episode which was all mine, all the rest is you guys. Every issue you have with it is a dustloop issue, and you need to sort this out among yourselves and only then come to me. I'm not going to change anything on a whim just because a specific player who disagrees raged on twitter, in the same way that I'm not going to simply change the Potemkin info Circuitous provided if some other Potemkin player suddenly showed up and started giving me shit. You know how thorough I am when making the scripts and how I make sure to ask every question and tackle every issue, so I give all my contributors the same amount of respect back by letting them speak for themselves and never doing anything hasty behind their backs.

Some episodes will probably get a 'remastered' version once console +R drops anyway (for example a bit more details in the Eddie episode) so nothing is set in stone but right now it's more important for me to move on to the next characters in line. You sort your shit about Anji in the meanwhile and I'll get back to it on a later date.

Noone said you personally did anything wrong Tataki, just that alot of ppl thought it was off. we all know you dont play anji, and didnt put forth the data for his ep, so just take it as ppl putting in their gripes and opinions about the information that was in the vid. Frankly, Zidane was by far the best resource for anji info, but the fact is someone else handled the script. Its done, we can move on. Besides, these vids are made to garner interest for beginners, they wont know the difference either way for quite a minute.

We all know what you put into this series, and are grateful. The fact that every episode is on the front page of this forum, shoryuken as well as eventhubs means that they are getting maximum exposure. That being said, and as you stated that these vids are basically dustloop in video form, you can understand how ppl would be very concerned that the right info is being represented, especially when it comes to garnering the interest of new potential players. In this regard, for an outlet which represents the guilty gear community and dustloop as a whole, I believe we all have a say and are entitled to an opinion.

Keep up the good work, and please dont feel that anything negative was directed in your direction. Ultimately, responsibility lies with the contributors who gave you the (correct or misinformed) information for the script. And hereforth any discussion about the series/episodes should be rightfully directed towards them.

Keep up the good work, and please dont feel that anything negative was directed in your direction. Ultimately, responsibility lies with the contributors who gave you the (correct or misinformed) information for the script. And hereforth any discussion about the series/episodes should be rightfully directed towards them.

My current Anji to do list is to expend and clarify on Kai, and on the 3 anti-air normals mentioned. These misunderstandings were not from "incorrect" info, just from "not enough" info. Dream Maker DID provide all the info on them but *I* didn't think the little details were that important so the Kai and anti airs are my fuckups as editor, and will be fixed in due time. As for the rest -- how to describe the quality of his oki, and poking, compared to other characters, take it with him in the Anji forum and keep me updated.