Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[Mar 23, 2013] Guard Break Monthly (P4U/AH3) - Philadelphia, PA

Venue Location:

Classic Game Junkie

111 South Easton Rd

Glenside PA, 19038

There is paid parking in a lot the street behind the store, there is also a SEPTA Train Station across the street that has free parking on the weekends,

General Details:

-$5 Venue fee.

-$1 entry per game

-Both games will be run on ps3

-Signups will be taken from 2pm until 3pm. Tournament will begin at 4pm. If you are running late tweet at me (@Tigreniisan), or if you think there will be a good likelyhood you'll be late, PM me, I'll give you my number.

-Tournament will be double elimination, best 2/3 all the way until Grand Finals. Grand Finals will be 3/5, loser must reset bracket.

-Payout will be 70/20/10.

-Winner must report results to me immediately after the match.

-Bring your equipment and be ready to play. You know you're coming to a tournament, bring your stick/controller. Don't be that guy.

Game Specific Details:

Persona 4 Arena:

Winner is character locked.

Loser may change character.

I don't care about navigators, if someone requests them to be turned off, they will be turned off for your match.

Arcana Heart 3:

Winner is character locked (Arcana change o.k.)

Loser may change character, as well as Arcana.

Simple Mode is allowed.

Stream will be provided by Nadakaineko, and will be at www.twitch.tv/nadakaineko

If anyone could help by bringing out their ps3 to run p4u on that'd be cool V:

Cross posted this with the Philly and Southeast PA facebook groups. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help since I can't make it (although I really want to participate).

I might actually make it out to this, maybe?

Same. Maybe?

I actually have next Friday and Saturday off. The biggest problem for me would be getting there ;-;

people are formally invited to mash at my place afterwards since GJ runs on normal people time

if you live far away or like maidsports you're also welcome to stay over

i can't guarantee that you will get muffins

but you might

:ballAI::ballAI::ballAI:

I can bring my ps3. It has both Arcana and p4a installed.

@ mikenapalm.... where are you coming from?

Blackwood, NJ.

Blackwood, NJ.

That is way out of my way.. I'm in northeast philly. If you can make it to center city.. then take the regional rail to Torresdale.

I can pick you up there.. then after the tourney... I can take you back to center city.. That's the best I can do. :)

I might come out to this, last time I was with the Philly crew was when Tigre was running Melty Blood at CGJ lol

Just gotta see if I have the cash to make the pilgrimage from Mahwah.

I might come out to this, last time I was with the Philly crew was when Tigre was running Melty Blood at CGJ lol

Just gotta see if I have the cash to make the pilgrimage from Mahwah.

Pick me up on the way. Ill chip in on some gas for you.

Thanks for everyone offering to bring out hardware :)

Make sure to tell other players who don't check forums about the tournament guys, I wanna make this big!

For next month, would there be much interest in adding Vampire Savior to the lineup? I didn't want to add it this month because of what happened with 3sO, but the port seems solid enough, and people seem to be enjoying the game enough.

I really thought AH3 was dead, curious how many you can get for it

frankly, at gamejunkie there are often more people playing ah3 than any other game (I think two saturdays ago there were two simultaneous AH3 setups), how that translates to numbers at events at I dunno

I would totally be down for Vampire Savior. It would be fun to learn that game from the ground up with you guyz.

Oh and if I end up coming I can bring a PS3 with both AH3 and P4U on it, Tigre.

@MikeNapalm, I don't know if I'm driving, I might take the train if it ends up being cheaper. My car is a gas eating piece of shit, trip could easily cost like $60 :/

Vsav next month definitely from the looks of it. I'll play it by ear for this monthly. I'm still not sure how many people are rolling out to this event.

Seems like we're going to get a reasonable turnout for this! Get hype guys! Spread the word if you know anyone else that may be interested in coming out!