Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TlocCPU

[November 2, 2013] Rebel Up Super Arcade Blazblue CP Ranbats (GG/BB/P4/EXVS/ETC) - Walnut, CA

I can absolutely guarantee I'll have the jp release of the game the day it comes out (so for us at the earliest october 23). I'm definitely down to do some sort of bbq maybe at someone's house who has a bigger house than me XD but of course we always have super arcade!

just poppin in to say whats up guys. wanted to double check you guys are running something this saturday 5/4 and also 2 weeks from that on saturday 5/18. promised you all no more venue splitting since you have shown that you can bring the numbers in :) thank you all for continuing to show up to our humble arcade! we really do appreciate it. anyways, ill check back for answers to my questions, thanks and see you all soon!

I'll be busy this Saturday but I am definitely making it out on 5/18 since I'll be out of school by then. I miss a lot of you guys.

i can't make it this weekend (friend coming to town), but i will be there next time as well.

If there's any one for you guys to make it's definitely the May 18 one, we are going to have out of region guests and I want everyone to enjoy themselves and have a good time :)

At this point I would also like to announce that after May 18 there will be no more entry fee for tournaments (You still need to pay super arcade 5 dollars for your wristband!!). Instead I'm going to issue a very simple fee of 1 dollar for the stream and for the team helping me run everything. If you read back, you can see that this wasn't my idea but the idea you guys came up with. Running the stream is indeed costly and I think 1 dollar is pretty much nothing to everyone and it really helps us move along as well so we can keep running events out here that nobody has to pay entry to. I know you guys want to have fun and come out to play with everyone so let's keep it that way.

The plans after May 18 are a little fuzzy right now but I know most of you, including myself, have final exams coming up the weeks following the may 18 one. In light of this we're going to take about a month off and do another rebel up either June 22 or June 29 (mostly depends on what IEBattlegrounds wants to do with dates that month.). It will be free entry for the tournaments as explained above and it will be a final training session for the evo tournaments for our 4 main games (Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Gundam EXVS, Persona 4 Arena). We will probably just run single elim best of one tournaments for all games and dedicate the rest of the time to training and hanging out. After that we have Anime Expo which I'm sure a lot of you guys will be going to and they will probably have tournaments there as well as per usual. The week after that is Evo where we gotta show the world what socal has in all of our games! :) Following evo (Probably 2 weeks after), we are going to return to the biweekly schedule so hopefully this gives you all some insight on what's going on.

ppl better show up this week and next rebel up to play blazblue with me. i promise to play more rachel than arakune, unless ppl WANT to play against arakune for some sadistic reason.

ppl better show up this week and next rebel up to play blazblue with me. i promise to play more rachel than arakune, unless ppl WANT to play against arakune for some sadistic reason.

i wanna see how bad the tager v rachel matchup can get. my friend needs footage of tager losing bc he thinks Tager's actually top tier.

Just heard about this event on The Runback. If I didn't have plans on Saturday I'd roll down for some GG, but I'll be down to go to Super on the 18th. See you guys then.

Gonna bring my lappie for melty and my ps3 with water pizza as usual. Im also bringing my ps2 with hokoto no ken. Ken-oh foot stab.

Good to hear that "advertising" on TRB totally works! :)

Also Tloc I'll see if I can give Mando my PS3 and monitor that week or leave it at Super or something.

It would be a huge help to me and super arcade if you guys could get bring extra monitors and consoles!! Thanks

i think we have plenty of monitors at 14 tbh, problem is PS3's. we have 6 i believe so if you guys could bring consoles that would work out great! enjoy your time here and please try to keep the place clean :) my employees arent all that enthusiastic about being maids haha.

We only really use PS3, but you're welcome to bring it.

uh, we have like 15 xboxs :) ps3 is the only console we only require 6 for our weeklies which is why we need people to brings ps3s for rebel up :P

yup can't make it to this one, too many nerds. 18th for sure tho.

unless ppl WANT to play against arakune for some sadistic reason.

...don't make me unleash tager on you again.

So word on the event on the 18th have reached some of us San Diegans and it works out for a good amount of us, especially me and glod since it's after finals at SDSU so we'll most likely be going.

Also, if you guys want, I could bring my laptop for Melty, even though I don't really play the game that much and one more setup for the game couldn't hurt. :)

so from what i understand the 18th is a pretty big day for you guys. can you guys please get together and pass me some info so i can accommodate you all a little better. let me know what you guys are running and what requests you might have for spacing etc. as of now i will leave the layout the same but if any of you feel the need to adjust feel free to come talk to me and hopefully i can help out.

thanks again for choosing super as your gathering spot, we appreciate it!

so from what i understand the 18th is a pretty big day for you guys. can you guys please get together and pass me some info so i can accommodate you all a little better. let me know what you guys are running and what requests you might have for spacing etc. as of now i will leave the layout the same but if any of you feel the need to adjust feel free to come talk to me and hopefully i can help out.

thanks again for choosing super as your gathering spot, we appreciate it!

Right now I'm not entirely sure what the headcount is, as we get closer I'm going to know. At most, we might need more tables which we can set up accordingly. We can plan this out when I see you later this week.