Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TlocCPU

[November 2, 2013] Rebel Up Super Arcade Blazblue CP Ranbats (GG/BB/P4/EXVS/ETC) - Walnut, CA

ppl better show up this week and next rebel up to play blazblue with me. i promise to play more rachel than arakune, unless ppl WANT to play against arakune for some sadistic reason.

See you next Saturday! We needa play forsure Dave, Its been too long xD

I am definitely ready to get beat up in every game and hang out. Let's make it happen!

Hey guys!,

I'm moving over from Australia, The Games i mostly play are Aquapazza and Marvel (AH2 vet.). So does this event contain any Aquapazza, and is this event still taking place? look forward to paying casuals with you guys!

The one today is, then it's going on a break until mid-June, then another break until a few weeks after EVO (July 12-14) when it will return to its bi-weekly schedule.

Also, apparently a bunch of San Diego players are coming along this time :toot:

I'm gonna have to pass on this one because of upcoming tests. Since it's coming back up mid-June, that's a perfect time for me to start going again once finals are done (and so people can remember who I am at these :/).

Also, apparently a bunch of San Diego players are coming along this time :toot:

Be sure to bring naharu with you. I want to finally meet my troll sensei.

Yaay fun times today everybody. It was nice seeing you all again. Glad we had such a big turnout.

it was nice seeing all you guys again(even though noone really plays bb anymore) and meeting a couple of SD and LV friends again. Ill try to make it out to more events like this if i can. and learn persona xD

shoutouts to all, unfortunately couldn't hang out with you guys more due to a limited schedule on Vegas crew's end, but there's always Evo in 2 months!

I had a great time meeting and talking with you guys, even though I didn't get a chance to play everybody.

Also, shoutouts to me getting lost going to Dennys and then giving up since me and my friends were all tired, I was really sad that I didn't get to eat with everybody. Oh well, next time though. :(

thank you all for coming out and choosing us as your destination for what seemed to be a great turnout! thanks to all the TOs who constantly make an effort to come out as well as the players who i see attending rebel up on a consistent basis. your loyalty is much appreciated and hope we did a good job accommodating you all. see you guys soon!

Been awhile since I've done post event acknowledgments. Shoutouts to Jo and Stormlocke for some great games, shoutouts to nerdy Johnny FRCs, shoutouts to nerdy bursts, shoutouts to the huge turnout, I don't care what you play but its amazing to see a neighborhood arcade packed with people. GG everyone I played. Except those fucking nerds.

lmao nice one. It was great playing GG with a bunch of people in person instead of this online nonsense! Huge surprise seeing Brett there and even Mikey? Good games to everyone I played. Nice seeing some new faces. Shoutouts to Stromolk, shtkn, Vince, Lyn (sp? blueberry for life), Donny, JD. Congrats to psyblade for taking GG and Jason D... I'll get you next time! Maybe we can have an extra GG setup since one for all of us was a little rough. All in all I had a blast. I'll definitely roll down for more in the future!

So how many showed up for GG? Sucks that I missed this but shit happens.

I think there were only 12 of us for Guilty. Too bad you couldn't come down. :(

and Jason D... I'll get you next time!

Haha. Well, you did get me at Evo last year. Denied me top 8, even. So... I guess that means the tie-breaker might be at this Evo. Grudge matches. Get hype!

And DQRF, apparently we had 22. I just got curious and looked it up. A few of those people were still learning the game, but we had a solid number of the OG players. You've gotta come down to these things!

Yeah dude I've really been aching for some GG, but things got really busy in the last few weeks. I'm really hoping to hit the next one, where I can do ass-backwards retarded mixups on you guys, and where I can play Psyblade and Stormlocke in settings that don't involve lag and controller throwing.

Bobman's schedule is starting to free up a bit, too, Jason, so I'm hoping to bring him along, too.

Here my thoughts on this and current So Cal anime scene as well.

I feel that the current So Cal communitity is slowing killing itself. Back in the old days(James era) While people had disputes going on, that did not get in the way of them coming out to every rebel up event/ others and having fun. Now I feel there is a ton of division. Some people are not happy on the way our scene is being lead/ don't like the new leaders because a lot of the "fun" part has been taken away and a lot more seriousness has been added in it's place. While seriousness is okay in certain situations; Rebel up, and other events are there for everyone to come out and enjoy themselves and play some fighting games. No one should have to worry about being criticized or being shutdown when they talk mess(Unless it gets out of hand). It makes me so mad when I hear people saying things along the lines of "I'm better than you, You're a scrub" to some casual players that want to get to the level so they can compete. I know I get trolled a lot but even so I know that it isn't serious and I love my so cal community because it actually helped shape who i am today. I can always go out to play some games, or even chill at someones house, watch some bad movies (Like Black Dynamite). This division needs to stop and we need to reach an agreement on what needs to be changed in our scene, from both parties. Remember in the end, fighting games are here so we can have fun! Even if we are competing at the end of the day we are all FG players and enjoy what we do. No need to put others down, its GGs and then time to play some more! Let's fix this issue and return back to the good days!

In relevance to DS' thoughts...
It was only a matter of time until someone linked that lol.

Anyway if I may give my thoughts on what I thought on the last Rebel Up.

All I can say is that I had a REALLY good time just playing, chilling and talking with all of you guys. The regulars who run these events and their friends such as Tloc, Pankekii, Jyosua, Delta, Nerdchill, Bond, Numakie, bellreisa, JasonD, Guymam, brkdv, and the UBW crew (if I forget your name I'm sorry) were so warm and welcoming to me, an outsider, it really made me want to make the effort to drive up, play and hang out with you guys some more, especially this summer since I'm off school. Whenever I have the chance to see you guys on stream, I see how you are all having a blast and enjoy each others' company and it made me want to be apart of that. The only thing I regret is that I didn't make the effort to check out Rebel Up earlier long before James Xie left, especially since I was actually taking P4U more seriously than I ever did with MB, GG, or BB. And while I never really experienced the hostilities that Bobby mentioned in his post due it being my first time, I really enjoyed the welcoming atmosphere that Rebel Up exudes. Sure there was some scarce trash talk from a few people but I feel that it's a "Your mileage may vary" sort of thing, personally for me, it made me want to play better.

Lastly, keep up the good work guys and I would definitely like to drive up just to hang out at someone's house and to play some games, if not for Rebel Up. :)

/2pennies

PS: I regret getting lost driving to Denny's 3 times and not being able to eat with you all. :vbang: