Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TlocCPU

[November 2, 2013] Rebel Up Super Arcade Blazblue CP Ranbats (GG/BB/P4/EXVS/ETC) - Walnut, CA

i dont mean to nitpick you guys or anything, and im sure you all know we truly do need the support of everyone here at the arcade so i definitely wouldnt want to offend any community. my issue here involves a couple things.

firstly, i received and email from Russell Iriye back on 9/16. i replied to him and we tried to touch base on friday 9/20. i called him at work as suggested and he told me he would call me back the following monday....... i received no call back or return email. then valle hits me up and tells me russell worked something out so that we would premier BBCP at TRB and there is no set tourney for 10/26. so what am i to assume here?

secondly, since you guys went from bi-weekly to kind of whenever you want it makes it a little tough on me to schedule things or reserve dates. i really cant afford to miss out on throwing an event.

there was obviously some miscommunication here and i will be the first to accept blame. i just wanted to state my side of the situation and hope you guys understand. if we can get on the same page asap this would be great as i do not want to lose any customers or piss anyone off. i would like to rectify this situation asap and maybe if i was able to throw in a couple prizes for the first BBCP weekend tourney you guys might be happy?

thanks.

i dont mean to nitpick you guys or anything, and im sure you all know we truly do need the support of everyone here at the arcade so i definitely wouldnt want to offend any community. my issue here involves a couple things.

firstly, i received and email from Russell Iriye back on 9/16. i replied to him and we tried to touch base on friday 9/20. i called him at work as suggested and he told me he would call me back the following monday....... i received no call back or return email. then valle hits me up and tells me russell worked something out so that we would premier BBCP at TRB and there is no set tourney for 10/26. so what am i to assume here?

secondly, since you guys went from bi-weekly to kind of whenever you want it makes it a little tough on me to schedule things or reserve dates. i really cant afford to miss out on throwing an event.

there was obviously some miscommunication here and i will be the first to accept blame. i just wanted to state my side of the situation and hope you guys understand. if we can get on the same page asap this would be great as i do not want to lose any customers or piss anyone off. i would like to rectify this situation asap and maybe if i was able to throw in a couple prizes for the first BBCP weekend tourney you guys might be happy?

thanks.

I'd been talking with Russell for months now regarding this, and told him to contact you regarding it. Obviously he did, but around those dates was about the same time that Valle started talking to them about TRB. If they decided to only work with Level Up, then they failed to let me know anything about that as well. I'll talk to them tomorrow and see what I can find out.

We went from bi-weekly to monthly to take a break until BBCP came out. October 26th was supposed to be the first event in our return to regular bi-weeklies. I totally understand where you're coming from, and I think there was some miscommunication or confusion. The post where this was explained was here. Don't feel obligated to try to throw in any prizes or anything, but if you can somehow make it so we can still have our event on the 26th, that's more than enough. We just don't want to miss out on having our event that day, because we'll likely get a much, much larger turnout than normal.

Hey Everyone,

As some of you might know, I've been setting up a BBCP launch casual / tourney at TRB on Oct. 24 from our recent announcement - http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/sep/27/level-adding-blazblue-chrono-phantasma-runback-line-october-24/

No other event was scheduled for Oct. 26 from my knowledge nor did I request another day to use BBCP from Aksys on that week so I asked Super Arcade if we can run a new Monthly series event - RTSD Concept / Tourney: http://www.levelup-series.com/rushdown-live-presents-ae-umvc-concept-matches-vol-1-3/ .

I really would like to see you guys at the BBCP TRB event as we're getting a lot of positive exposure across major fighting game sites / fans.

Let's try to work something out!

Best,

Alex Valle

Hey Valle,

A good number of us that can go, are planning to go to support the TRB event on the 24th. I wouldn't worry about that. We all want to see the game be as successful as possible, so its addition to TRB is welcome and we'll try our best to support it.

Our main concern is our Rebel Up! event was supposed to be on the 26th. In the post I linked to above, both Chris and Cody affirmed that date and the resuming of our bi-weekly schedule with Watson way back in August, but it appears that it didn't get scheduled. I had been talking to Aksys since the end of August about doing an event in combination with Rebel Up!, and the last I spoke with them, they had agreed to work with us on the October 26th date. Russell appears to have contacted Watson about it, but didn't follow through with contacting him again like he said. On our end, we assumed Watson already knew about that date, since we had told him about it before. There's definitely been a communication breakdown here, but I'd really like to get this resolved as best as we can.

Jyosua,

How are you sir!

It's unfortunate our events land on the same dates.

I'm not trying to play the blame game here nor do I want each others events/community feel left out.

Can I suggest Sunday Oct.27 for your BBCP event?

This way both of our events can still happen on the same week.

Thoughts?

if it cant be helped id prefer if we could move it back one week on nov 2 for rebel up, and for oct 26 we could like party out at someones house maybe???????

whatever happens please make a final date soon.... i cant call off days unless its 2-3 weeks in advance. id hate to miss out on rebel up because of an unfortunate miscom.

there is no SSBM on sunday oct 27th and i dont have an event booked for sat nov 2nd either. so the balls in your court now guys. please confirm asap so i can lock in the date you guy want. once again, sorry for the miscommunication, but the changes that went on and lack of "confirming" created this issue to begin with. if you guys need a couple days to get back to me thats not a problem and if you choose sunday to run the tourney i will throw in a few items to try and attract people to come. 1-madcatz ps3 fightstick, 1-triton 5.1 headset, 1-triton kunai headset, 1-stickbag. hopefully that will show you guys that i truly do appreciate your business and everyone will be happy and understanding of the situation.

thanks,

watson

Jyosua,

How are you sir!

It's unfortunate our events land on the same dates.

I'm not trying to play the blame game here nor do I want each others events/community feel left out.

Can I suggest Sunday Oct.27 for your BBCP event?

This way both of our events can still happen on the same week.

Thoughts?

I'm not trying to play the blame game here either and normally we'd just move it to the next weekend or prior weekend without an issue. However, since there's a new BlazBlue coming out and our events originally formed solely around BlazBlue, this is a special day. Our main issue with Sunday is that we are afraid that not as many people will show up, due to work/school the next day. Additionally, there are people like Acid Ace here who have to ask for the day off to make it to our events and, because this event was supposed to be bigger, we are expecting a larger number of out-of-towners (San Diego, Las Vegas, etc.) to come. Normally, I'd rather ask to move it to Friday rather than Sunday, but it appears that your event is a two-day one, so that's not an option either.

there is no SSBM on sunday oct 27th and i dont have an event booked for sat nov 2nd either. so the balls in your court now guys. please confirm asap so i can lock in the date you guy want. once again, sorry for the miscommunication, but the changes that went on and lack of "confirming" created this issue to begin with. if you guys need a couple days to get back to me thats not a problem and if you choose sunday to run the tourney i will throw in a few items to try and attract people to come. 1-madcatz ps3 fightstick, 1-triton 5.1 headset, 1-triton kunai headset, 1-stickbag. hopefully that will show you guys that i truly do appreciate your business and everyone will be happy and understanding of the situation.

thanks,

watson

I will contact Aksys again to see what we can do regarding moving the date. I don't know how locked-in they are, or if it would be viable for them to change the date.

if we can't move the date, maybe we can use the aksys offices for the "release date" party?

wouldn't be the first time :)

Watson go ahead and put us down for November 2nd, we have confirmation from Aksys. We're going to still try to put something together on the 26th outside of super but we would like to have an event on the 2nd as well with you guys.

Nov 2nd it is then. Sorry for the hassle and thanks for being able to move it. Also, will this be bi-weekly from here on out? I just don't want anymore miscommunication and want to have our calendar checked off. Thanks and see you guys soon. Btw, still gonna kick in prizes for you guys. Pz

Nov 2nd it is then. Sorry for the hassle and thanks for being able to move it. Also, will this be bi-weekly from here on out? I just don't want anymore miscommunication and want to have our calendar checked off. Thanks and see you guys soon. Btw, still gonna kick in prizes for you guys. Pz

Yeah, it will be biweekly from here on.

What's the stance on having setups without all the characters in it (missing Kagura, Terumi, or Kokonoe). I'm not expecting them to be used for the tourney, but what about for casuals?