Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[VH] Phobos: Metropolis

VS_Header_Phobos.png

Heroic Legacy @SRK. Post#3820

V Sav Phobos Bullshit:

-High/Low missile shots deal good blockstun and are good enough that if you are caught in the air he can dash jab you for an unblock. ES Missiles keep you there really long and do decent chip.

-Mines take a while to set up but once they are activated if your opponent rushes you down you can pushblock them into the mine and then dash in to combo them. ES Mines makes this even worse because it lays 2 mines out and you can do dumb shit like Pushblock (Mine 1) dash c.lp c.mp (Mine 2) c.lk c.mk c.hk And ES Mines hit 3 times each.

-His normals are absurdly good. I think he has the best j.lk in the game. Reaches like 1 1/2 Sasquatches away from him at a 30 degree angle down.

-While airdashing he can block.

-Darkforce summons 2 more Phobos machines that fire lasers for every button pressed. And gives him flight. So you can have crossup lasers and fuzzies with j.lk and what not. NO RECOVERY ON IT since it is a flight mode. If you find yourself in trouble, just pop this and mash lk. They will die really fast.

Pyron

Pyron feels like the most fun character to play in the game.

QCF+P: fireballs veer off in different arcs depending on strength. You can do it airborne too. Airborne ES version causes a pillar of light to shoot up if it hits the ground. Pretty much locks opponent in place if behind it.

DP+P: Wheel. Knocks down on hit. Strength seems to effect number of hits/speed. But also startup. You can do c.lk c.lk lp wheel and it'll combo but c.lk c.lk mp wheel doesn't. Same with hp wheel. This is his guard cancel and on ES GC it does around 15%.

QCB+K in the air: Tatsumaki that descends. It kinda sucks unless you time it so the last kick hits them on the ground. It juggles all the hits in the ES version.

RDP+any: teleports him to any space corresponding to the button you pressed. Can be done multiple times without recovery. Startup is about 15 frames so you can get hit out of it where you are.

Fireworks+ HCF+2P/K: Pyron holds a ball in his hand and the longer you hold down the buttons the longer he charges up. When he throws it forward the screen sparkles and 2 seconds later is filled with fireworks explosions that do decent chip/damage and puts them in the air. You can jump and reset them after the explosions or you can ES Tatsu to get the rest of the hits on them. Very good on their wakeup. Punches puts them closer to you. Kicks fullscreen explosions. 50/50 blockstun on their wakeup roll then.

DP+2K: Doesn't exist. Punishable on hit. Pillar of light forms and he laughs at you. Then you laugh at him and kill him for being dumb.

Dark Force: summons another Pyron that does a move corresponding to negative edge buttons. Not that great. Nice mixups though when you jump and they are put in blockstun through shadow wheel

c.hk is a slide that is terrible on block. Free punish. (Put it this way, I did Reversal ES Big Blow with Sas and it hit.)

f+mp is a sideways fountain that has a terrible hitbox and if you hit with it, it isn't cancelable so you just get punished until his dash ends. (Cannot be canceled with back or jump)

s.mp is an uppercut that reaches 75% of the screen above Pyron.

f+hp is a forward drill that hits 3 times and knocks down. On block it is terrible since you have to wait for him to stop dashing.

s.hp is a 2 hit uppercut that goes up the entirety of the screen.

s.mk is an overhead

In the air you can hold down and push a punch button to get a 45 degree angle descent with that normal. Unfortunately, it isn't overhead. And on block you bounce off. Better to use them as a crossup on their wakeup. On hit they don't bounce off but you have to hit deep to combo them after.

Feliniki @SRK. Post#3831

I don't know about unblockables, but that recent Japanese VS2 tourney had an instance of some sort of glitch with Phobos's Dark Force causing 35 hits at once for around 50% damage.

It happens at about 13:50 in this video (scroll down the page to watch the video): http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm13112980 - nicozon Pyron's Zodiac Flare trades hits with Phobos's Ray of Doom Dark Force, and Pyron takes 35 hits and over 50% damage.

Another weird glitch was demonstrated on Sakamoto's stream shortly before that tournament. If Pyron does a Cosmo Disruption after Bulleta does Cool Hunting, it will do a TON of hits.