Lich

[CP] Hazama Combo Theory Discussion Thread

I've managed to get the 5A to connect off of the 213D~B but in the follow up 5C j.C x4 I can't get the second 5C to connect I either whiff or they tech. Is there something I'm missing or is there a trick to getting the second launch to connect?

Try j.CC delay CC. The other way to do it is j.CCCC delay C. If you feel that 5C doesn't come out in time, you can always go for 5B.

So guess who just go blazblue and is total crap? Probably this guy! I'm having some trouble getting down some of the combos in the post can someone help me out a little here?

My problem where I get lost at is this 214D~B xx dash 5A from the first combo

Also what does lv 1 mean on this exaactly? OD Lv1 

If I'm asking dumb things, well I am dumb and crap at fighting games in general but I'm trying! 

You've to input 214D~66B in quick succession. Btw, if you do it too late you will notice a dark-green aura/mist appearing. The microdash before 5A is only needed if you feel that your 5A is too far to connect.

I have this: 214D~C-2C-4D~A-4D~A-4D~D-j.Cx(6-7)-214B.

It kinda sucks, but I'm working on finding ways to improve it, it's also good a good follow-up to Jayoku-Houtenjin if you're fast, but I'm concerned that the approaching balance update with force me to change it or remove it completely though.

Try j.CC delay CC. The other way to do it is j.CCCC delay C. If you feel that 5C doesn't come out in time, you can always go for 5B.

You've to input 214D~66B in quick succession. Btw, if you do it too late you will notice a dark-green aura/mist appearing. The microdash before 5A is only needed if you feel that your 5A is too far to connect.

Yahh that worked thanks. It seems I had a bad case of the jittery fingers. A lot more of the combos work when you slow your brain down a bit.

Kan someone help me out with korner kombos? I don't know what to do when I put them in the korner with 623D or if I just hit them in the korner. I usually just do a regular midscreen kombo.

I sometimes do 2A>5B>3c~214D~66 B>66 A>5C(2)>2C>4D A>j.8D A>623D and then don't know what to do.

Also, if someone kan help me out with a Super Snake Kick konversion kombo that would be awesome!

is there like a trick to 236326B to 214d c follow up. im getting it like half the time and cant seem to get it consistently. 

also the jc loops for me keep droping. the opponent ends up being 2 high in the air for the 5b or the 5c to connent and the combo drops

Kan someone help me out with korner kombos? I don't know what to do when I put them in the korner with 623D or if I just hit them in the korner. I usually just do a regular midscreen kombo.

I sometimes do 2A>5B>3c~214D~66 B>66 A>5C(2)>2C>4D A>j.8D A>623D and then don't know what to do.

Also, if someone kan help me out with a Super Snake Kick konversion kombo that would be awesome!

You can do: 2A> 5B> 3C> 236D> 5C> 6C> dash 5C> 2C> j.4D~D> j.C x5# That's for S starters (such as 2A and 5A)

For N starters (5B, 2B, 3C and so on), 5B> 3C> 236D> 5C> 6C> dash 5C> 2C> j.D> 214D dash B> j.C x2 (JC)> j.C x5#

Pretty sure the optimal route is just j.C loops, but I'm unsure about the reps right now.

is there like a trick to 236326B to 214d c follow up. im getting it like half the time and cant seem to get it consistently. 

Timing, just grind it. You can also use 214D dash B after Jayoku... Easier to hit and leads into decent damage.

also the jc loops for me keep droping. the opponent ends up being 2 high in the air for the 5b or the 5c to connent and the combo drops

Make sure you're delaying the j.Cs, there's a specific timing for each of them.

For j.Cx5> 5B/5C, you must input j.C x3 and delay the next j.C x2. For j.Cx4, j.C x2 delay j.C x2.

You can do: 2A> 5B> 3C> 236D> 5C> 6C> dash 5C> 2C> j.4D~D> j.C x5# That's for S starters (such as 2A and 5A)

For N starters (5B, 2B, 3C and so on), 5B> 3C> 236D> 5C> 6C> dash 5C> 2C> j.D> 214D dash B> j.C x2 (JC)> j.C x5#

Pretty sure the optimal route is just j.C loops, but I'm unsure about the reps right now.

Timing, just grind it. You can also use 214D dash B after Jayoku... Easier to hit and leads into decent damage.

Make sure you're delaying the j.Cs, there's a specific timing for each of them.

For j.Cx5> 5B/5C, you must input j.C x3 and delay the next j.C x2. For j.Cx4, j.C x2 delay j.C x2.

Thanx. Someone who's helping me out gave me this kombo: 2B>5C>3C~236D>Dash 5C>6C>Dash 5C>2Csjc>jCx5(Delay Last)>5C>2Csjc>jCx5(Delay Last)>5C>2Csjc>jCx5~214B

So jump C loops kinda sounds right.

I've gotten better at it but I'm still grinding it out.

j.C loops by themselves are never optimal

They're slightly better than the usual corner BnB, but I believe the optimal route is:

5B> 3C> 236D>dash 5C> 6C> dash 5C> 2C> 4D> 214D~dash B> dash 2C> 2D~D> j.Cx2> j.C#

It's kinda hard to do though, compared to j.C loops.

They're slightly better than the usual corner BnB, but I believe the optimal route is:

5B> 3C> 236D>dash 5C> 6C> dash 5C> 2C> 4D> 214D~dash B> dash 2C> 2D~D> j.Cx2> j.C#

It's kinda hard to do though, compared to j.C loops.

Sounds nice.. I'mma try that tomorrow!

Btw, how much damage does that do?

I apologize if this isn't the best place but while I was going through Hazama's challenge mode I became confused at his 26th challenge because after he lands CH 236-D  he performs houtenjin but from the tip of the venom sword followed by what appears to be a dash cancel, and when I had the input display on the inputs were 23626-B. Does anyone know how or why this works? It seems very useful for calling out a move with venom sword but I can't seem to reliably do it. I was just wondering if anyone here figured out how to do it or if there's some trick I'm missing. I did that challenge anyway but I would love to hear how some of you dealt with it.

Buffer a 236236 after your 236D. If you confirm the counter-hit, let go of the stick/d-pad and quickly input 6B. If done correctly the engine reads the last 2 directional inputs as 66 (dash) while also keeping 236236 in the input buffer, so you get a "dash Houtenjin" when you press B.

For what it's worth, CH 236D also gives you enough time to link a dash 3C (663C) which is a little easier and results in like... 100 less damage for the full combo.

I apologize if this isn't the best place but while I was going through Hazama's challenge mode I became confused at his 26th challenge because after he lands CH 236-D  he performs houtenjin but from the tip of the venom sword followed by what appears to be a dash cancel, and when I had the input display on the inputs were 23626-B. Does anyone know how or why this works? It seems very useful for calling out a move with venom sword but I can't seem to reliably do it. I was just wondering if anyone here figured out how to do it or if there's some trick I'm missing. I did that challenge anyway but I would love to hear how some of you dealt with it.

Buffer a 236236 after your 236D. If you confirm the counter-hit, let go of the stick/d-pad and quickly input 6B. If done correctly the engine reads the last 2 directional inputs as 66 (dash) while also keeping 236236 in the input buffer, so you get a "dash Houtenjin" when you press B.

For what it's worth, CH 236D also gives you enough time to link a dash 3C (663C) which is a little easier and results in like... 100 less damage for the full combo.

Didn't even know about this.. Guess I should've done all the challenges instead of stopping at 20 and labbing it up...

hey guy's i'm new in this forum but i wanted to ask some (maybe stupid) stuff about hazama :

are combos like the one listed above still possible ? combos like : 5B> 3C> 236D>dash 5C> 6C> dash 5C> 2C> 4D> 214D~dash B> dash 2C> 2D~D> j.Cx2> j.C ?

i can't get a dash out after the 236D.. i wanted to train some j.C loop stuff but like i said i can't even get a dash out before the opponent lands on the floor :/

and is it still possible to connect a 5.D after a 236D in the corner ?

sorry for all this questions but i can't level up my game if i try to learn stuff that isn't even possible..

hey guy's i'm new in this forum but i wanted to ask some (maybe stupid) stuff about hazama :

are combos like the one listed above still possible ? combos like : 5B> 3C> 236D>dash 5C> 6C> dash 5C> 2C> 4D> 214D~dash B> dash 2C> 2D~D> j.Cx2> j.C ?

i can't get a dash out after the 236D.. i wanted to train some j.C loop stuff but like i said i can't even get a dash out before the opponent lands on the floor :/

and is it still possible to connect a 5.D after a 236D in the corner ?

sorry for all this questions but i can't level up my game if i try to learn stuff that isn't even possible..

Yeah, those are still possible. I can't see why you're having problems with the dash, it's pretty simple.

Try an easier route if you have a hard time later in the combo. I mainly go for: 5B > 3C > 236D > dash 5C >  6C > dash 5C > 2C > 4D > 214D~dash B > super jump > j.Cx4 > 5C > j.Cx5 > Hirentotsu. Should deal less damage but you won't be so far from the ground compared to the first combo. This is good because it makes easier to catch rolls after Hiren.

And yeah, it's possible to 5D after Jabaki wall bounce. Just make sure you're far enough to get the most hitstun out of the drive.

hmm i don't know what i'm doing wrong..
after 5B, 3C, 236D the opponent flies way to far away.. even with a dash.. it would need ca. 3 dash's to reach them after that..
do i have to time the 236D properly instead of doing it instantly ?

Most likely you are too far from the corner. They should bounce off the wall for it to work