Favorite Hazama iteration?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

Ghost Install? OD into ghost? He needs something involving that form.

I wish they'd just give us more gameplay of him...

ghost form is instant kill on ragna

Nah. It will just paralyze him for the rest of the round.

Sorry guys, apparently we're causing too much clutter and this thread can only be used from this point on for game-play discussion.

What the hell? Can we get a social thread then? I can see how one would not want a thread of this title to be filled with clutter but there should be no reason to try and restrict our posting and fun.

No, you do not need a social thread; like NVG, TYG, the Sanctuary, Litchi, Makoto, Valkenhayn, etc etc etc etc, please use DL's Groups for your offtopic merriment and silliness.

Gameplay only from now on? fair enough.

what's the deal with the Hazamas' new super, is it just a command grab? I can't tell because nobody uses it any more.

Shazam, the reason this thread can't be a 'general' discussion anymore is because it's cluttering the forum. Now, how would a 'social' thread help in that regard? lol I will be making a group for any Hazama players who want to join in the near future.

Hazama's new super is a command grab that can only be used in stance. It's not used that often because it's a kind of hard mix-up tool to use. You have to make the guy respect you enough that you stance dash in his face and keep him blocking. I've seen Hazama's do stance dash forward Zaneiga, or dash forward, dash back Rasenga as meaties before, so doing that over and over can definitely condition the opponent to block on wake-up. Plus you have to worry about wake-up options, so eh you don't see it used too much. It definitely is good for surprising the opponent and closing out the round though.

In any case, would you guys rather a skype group, or a DL group?

Edited by Lich

I think the #1 reason why the super cmd grab isn't used too often is because the dmg~meter used/risk ratio just isn't in Hazama's favour.

It does like what, 2~3k? you can probably get the same damage off 236C into hountejin or 236C > w/e if you have them cornered.

I mean, it's still an ok tool and not a gimmick but...it's borderline useless, mostly because it's only available if you are in 214D~

Shazam, the reason this thread can't be a 'general' discussion anymore is because it's cluttering the forum. Now, how would a 'social' thread help in that regard? lol I will be making a group for any Hazama players who want to join in the near future.

Hazama's new super is a command grab that can only be used in stance. It's not used that often because it's a kind of hard mix-up tool to use. You have to make the guy respect you enough that you stance dash in his face and keep him blocking. I've seen Hazama's do stance dash forward Zaneiga, or dash forward, dash back Rasenga as meaties before, so doing that over and over can definitely condition the opponent to block on wake-up. Plus you have to worry about wake-up options, so eh you don't see it used too much. It definitely is good for surprising the opponent and closing out the round though.

In any case, would you guys rather a skype group, or a DL group?

I don't play Hazama, but an observation I've made would be the fact that a lot of on site groups tend to be pretty dead, while Skype groups tend to be more thriving (the U.K. thread pretty much almost ceased traffic once we got a Skype group lol). I'm not entirely sure why, but it's something to be cautious of.

It's not borderline useless when it's an unburstable 2 ~ 3k. It's mostly for closing out rounds. It's just hard to hit with is all. You can burst the combo off of normal command grab, and also I don't think you can get that kind of damage anymore. The P1 is actually now 100 but the combo rating is S. So if you use houtenjin right off the bat you kill so many of your frames waiting for them to fall that you won't really have too many more frames to actually do a damaging combo.

In any case, I wouldn't call it useless, but it does have niche uses. Either way, it's another tool for Hazama, so I can't complain.

Oh, no more generals huh? Okay, fuck this and peace out. If you make a skype group I might consider it. For now however, there is nothing that will keep this forum alive until October so no point in coming here to talk about things. Bye.

Ah, so no combos into it then, never mind. You'll have to spend about 100 heat just to get about 4k damage, when he can easily get 5k plus for easier.

Skype group sounds good, I'd be down for that

For me, it's weird because the forum should be kind of cluttered, and full of information about Extend still. The cleanup was too harsh and as of now it's as if Extend doesn't even exist, new players who find themselves here have to go to the archive to find information. This place has lost its soul to me especially now. You have a fucking forum but you don't want us here talking about things? One person says groups are basically dead, another says we have to leave the site and talk on skype...

Whatever, Guymam took the words out of my mouth. See you in october maybe

This forum was created for gameplay discussion, not for immature 4chan like discussions. If you can't contribute to sensible gameplay discussions then you are welcome to leave. The wiki is the housing for the majority of character data, not the forum. This has been the goal since CSE so new players should be looking there for information instead anyway. About CSE threads it was each character mods decision if they wanted to throw CSE threads into their archive depending on activity and thread content. Groups are only as alive as the users make it be. That isn't a mods job. General discussion threads were all supposed to be gone months ago. Tsubaki and others character sections changed over with no problem.

Uhhhh.

Well let me clarify something real quick.

Feel free to discuss Hazama in this thread. Gameplay, storyline, design, players, etc. etc. Just don't use a character's general thread to discuss how your day was or what anime you're watching (unless Hazama is somehow in it). A Hazama thread should be about Hazama, that's not an unreasonable goal. If you want to go completely off-topic just do it in a group here on the forums or on Skype or whatever.

Sorry guys, just following orders. Yeah I get that you guys are bummed, but don't you think you're being a little over-dramatic? Even a little bit? Is it REALLY that big a deal that you can't talk casually in this forum anymore? There's always skype, twitter, groups, BB general. Hell there are so many social-networks out there that this really doesn't have to be the end of your BB world. If you guys really want to keep talking about whatever just send me a pm of your skype name and I'll start making a Hazama skype group, so we can stay connected. Otherwise, what's done, is done and this will be the end of this discussion. From here on out, anything non-hazama related will result in an infraction.

Ah, so no combos into it then, never mind. You'll have to spend about 100 heat just to get about 4k damage, when he can easily get 5k plus for easier.

Skype group sounds good, I'd be down for that

What do you mean spend 100 heat to get about 4k damage? lol Do you mean off of normal command grab? If so then pretty much. I couldn't tell you exact damage values, but it's not really worth it. If you notice, Hazama players don't just opt to go for houtenjin anymore off of any good hit if they can have a way to combo meterless. Hazama's meterless damage is actually good this game and he doesn't really get his meter back now after using houtenjin. Plus he has more ways to use meter; rapid cancel, new distortion, even using his counter-assault is good now because you don't need houtenjin for damage.

Edited by Lich

What do you mean spend 100 heat to get about 4k damage? lol Do you mean off of normal command grab? If so then pretty much. I couldn't tell you exact damage values, but it's not really worth it. If you notice, Hazama players don't just opt to go for houtenjin anymore off of any good hit if they can have a way to combo meterless. Hazama's meterless damage is actually good this game and he doesn't really get his meter back now after using houtenjin. Plus he has more ways to use meter; rapid cancel, new distortion, even using his counter-assault is good now because you don't need houtenjin for damage.

I did mean off the normal command grab yes, there's around 500 damage difference between regular and OD (not including the life steal ring). You're right though, hazama no longer needs meter to be a threat.

I'd argue about post-houtenjin meter gain with a 150 heat combo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCRNw2mQGp8&feature=youtube_gdata_player (3:10). But that's under unlikely circumstances anyway.

*People being butthurt about Hazama general not being a place to circle-jerk terumi hype and post stupid bullshit*

Calm down, we already knew that the thread was over whenever our god Hail posted his first post.

I did mean off the normal command grab yes, there's around 500 damage difference between regular and OD (not including the life steal ring). You're right though, hazama no longer needs meter to be a threat.

>Say 'normal command grab'

>Actually talking about super command grab

>greentexting even though Kurushii specifically mentioned not to be like a 4chan discussion

I'd argue about post-houtenjin meter gain with a 150 heat combo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCRNw2mQGp8&feature=youtube_gdata_player (3:10). But that's under unlikely circumstances anyway.

Yeah, there's two main things contributing to insane meter gain there: low health and overdrive (CHAAAAAINS). Without that, it's nigh impossible to get your meter back after houtenjin in CP.