Favorite Hazama iteration?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hazama iteration?

• BB:CS
    • BB:CS2
    • BB:CSEX
    • BB:CP
    • ...CT...? Can dream.

That kinda stuff has been around for a bit, but I don't see it used much. Using a short chain in a blockstring is real punishable, but it can throw people off. Basically, if you have the opponent respecting you, you can get some pretty interesting mixups off close range chains.

Some of this stuff might have not been possible/harder in other versions, because CP chains have a quicker cancel window after using a chain follow up(?).

He was probably conditioning them to block after a chain with Jabaki, once they were conditioned he could do something like 5D~D > j.A > backdash j.2C double crossup and shit

Hey everyone, i got blazblue 2 days ago and even tho i started off playing Ragna i went into challenge mode and i like playing as Hazama, however its only been 2 days and i do want to get better as Hazama, what should be my beginner combos?, Whats Hazama's playstyle and how do i play him effectively as a beginner?

Hey everyone, i got blazblue 2 days ago and even tho i started off playing Ragna i went into challenge mode and i like playing as Hazama, however its only been 2 days and i do want to get better as Hazama, what should be my beginner combos?, Whats Hazama's playstyle and how do i play him effectively as a beginner?

In my own opinion, Hazama is a little bit harder to play than Ragna, but here's some easy meterless combos you can try out:

- 5A 5B 3C 214D~C (charged) 5C j.Cx5 2C sj.Cx5 j.214B - 2.1k

- 5A 5B 3C 214D~C (charged) 5C 2C 4D~D j.Cx - 2.2k

- 2A 5B 3C 214D~C (charged) 5C j.Cx - 1.9k

- 2A 5B 3C 214D~C (charged) 5C 2C 4D~D j.Cx - 2.1k

- Back Throw > 5C 2C 4D~A 4D~D j.Cx - 2.7k

Edited by Grimsley-San

In my own opinion, Hazama is a little bit harder to play than Ragna, but here's some easy meterless combos you can try out:

- 5A 5B 3C 214D~C (charged) 5C j.Cx5 2C sj.Cx5 j.214B - 2.1k

- 5A 5B 3C 214D~C (charged) 5C 2C 4D~D j.Cx - 2.2k

- 2A 5B 3C 214D~C (charged) 5C j.Cx - 1.9k

- 2A 5B 3C 214D~C (charged) 5C 2C 4D~D j.Cx - 2.1k

- Back Throw > 5C 2C 4D~A 4D~D j.Cx - 2.7k

Those are CS1 combos and no longer work in EX. If you want to practice EX combos, please refer to the EX archives combo thread.

Also, this guide is outdated but okay to introduce you to some of the concepts you'll need to understand to play him. Also you can always refer to the wiki.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14605-CSE-Beginner-s-guide-to-being-a-snake%21-Hazama-for-dummies-bring-your-balisongs-v2-1

Edited by Lich

Those are CS1 combos and no longer work in EX. If you want to practice EX combos, please refer to the EX archives combo thread.

Whoops, my bad. It's been a while since I played.

Edited by Grimsley-San

thanks for the help :) also how does Hazama get in on his opponent? im having alot of trouble with this. sometimes i try D (wait till the spear gets to them) then C behind them but it dosent always work unless im doing something wrong. also after doing his super (double qcf B) you can do a backdash and get them with a dp D however i cant see Hazama so i cant tell that he's doing a backdash nor do i know that timing for it. how does he get in on them and what can i do about that backdash?

thanks for the help :) also how does Hazama get in on his opponent? im having alot of trouble with this. sometimes i try D (wait till the spear gets to them) then C behind them but it dosent always work unless im doing something wrong. also after doing his super (double qcf B) you can do a backdash and get them with a dp D however i cant see Hazama so i cant tell that he's doing a backdash nor do i know that timing for it. how does he get in on them and what can i do about that backdash?
C cancel is really, really bad for approaching. You're at a huge disadvantage. C cancel is useful more so for surprising people with tricks or gimmicks, or re-positioning oneself in the air that isn't exactly near the opponent. Also approaching on blocked chains in EX is really bad unless you know your spacing because the block-stun is really not there. It also depends on the opponents anti-air options so that comes a lot down to match-ups. Your key approaches are getting hits while zoning with Chains, and Chain movement. Being able to trick the opponent with quick movement and approaching from an angle that they did not expect or properly spacing an air normal when flying in is key to approaching. Also utilizing B cancel to get around obstacles like Itsuu, doll normals, whatever or just to approach from an angle they weren't expecting is important too. Because remember you can cancel chain movement with another chain, or normal. You'll have to get used to the different trajectories and then understanding the spacing/start-up for your own normals to be able to get in more consistently. Also you'll have to worry about character match-ups. For instance, against most character if you go in on a blocked chain and are properly spaced so that the tip of J.B hits their hurtbox it is relatively safe; however, you can actually never do this on lambda because her 5A is a decent speed with an very big hit-box that extends far past her hurt-box. http://www.dustloop.com/guides/bbcse/hitbox/hazama/j.B.html If you look at it, Hazama's hurtbox is incased by the hit-box for J.B making most characters have a hard time 5A anti-airing this normal when perfectly spaced. http://www.dustloop.com/guides/bbcse/hitbox/lambda/5A.html Now looking at Lambdas hit-box you can clearly see that her hit-box is huge incomparison to her hands hurtbox for the move. So again it's more match-up specific, but it's all about the movement and spacing. Edited by Lich

Oh yeah that one combo. You guys remember that combo right? I remember that combo. Good times good times.

:kitty:

Edited by LionHeartx

hi, new player here, sorry if its on the wrong post, i've been playing hazama, i can do basic stuff like 5A/2A 5B 2C 3C but then when i try to go for the 6C i always either miss it or he techs away, any tips? maybe im doing it too slow? i tried with a step but its even worse :(.

PS. i also play with a joystick, considering in buying a arcade stick but still not sure, looking to spend around 60-70 USD + shipping

Hey, welcome! As for your question, are you trying to do 6C right after 3C, because that will not combo unless 3C is a counter hit starter. Instead, go into 236D or 214D~A.

If you're talking stuff like about 214D~C (zaneiga/devouring fang), it takes some timing. If you're hitting it low, you have to do the 6C as soon as possible. If you hit it while the opponent's higher up, you'll need to delay it slightly for it to hit.

As for the dash part... If you're right by the opponent when you hit 214D~C, you should do a regular 6C w/o a dash. If you hit them with 214D~C and you're about a person length away, you'll probably need to add a dash to have it land.

Out of curiosity, you are on Continuum Shift Extend?

EDIT: Beat to it lol.

oh no wonder, thanks! so i 5A/2A 5B 2C 3C 214D-C 6C and then i can step 5C right?

Your meterless midscreen bnbs are whatever into 3C > 236D / 214D~A.

3C > 214D~C doesn't work unless the opponent is already airborne before 3C (also pretty tricky), or if the 3C is a counter hit. Unless you're playing CS1 for whatever reason

Just head to the wiki and take a look at the combo section, Hazama doesn't have that much combo variety so you'll also learn most of the shit that actually works instead of wasting your time trying out stuff you're not sure about

so, a bunch of random stuff:

jp wiki with hazama combos http://www40.atwiki.jp/blazblue/pages/1996.html

ground CH 2C is one of the biggest buff hazama has got, it now shoots the opponent up (its pretty much as if you were hitting 2C CH AA), it leads to 4k+ and makes his delay gatling / frame trap game even scarier

you can combo off ch 236D

his combos are pretty easy, if anything limiting yourself to mashing jC only four times is kind of weird at first if you have been playing Hazama forever lol

mitsurugi's valk combo may work on other characters too, I have yet to get the timing down 100% but while I was testing that route on Taokaka I ended up hitting a sideswap 5C 623D instead of just 623D like mitsurugi did vs valk. this leads me to believe that that combo probably works on her too (I haven't bothered practicing this route much yet).

edit: got it to work on azrael, tao, hakumen, valk.

challenge 20: just do dash 2C xx AH

super command grab is a lot stronger than I had thought.

5c 214d~632146d is a purple grab (wtf)

5b 214d~632146d will beat pretty much anything bar DPs/premptive jump out (even if I IB'd 5B a mashed 6fr 2A would still get grabbed).

can't jump out after super flash

Edited by _Sey

yeah I figured the change to CH 2C was one of the better stealth buffs. making his frametrap/CH game a lot scarier than just 5B xN since that was kinda hard to confirm when it CH anyway.

Tried Hazama last night when CP just came out. Indeed, jC mash combo is not that easy as it looks like in YouTube. If you mash jC in a way how you used to do in prior games, you would most likely to drop. I find his combos are pretty challenging to learn until you get used to it.

It helps if you memorize the rhythm. I'm gonna take a week or two to make a comprehensive combo write-up explaining the rhythms and specific execution of optimal combo parts. I can give you this advice for (otg) 5C 2C relaunch: super jump after the 2C, mash j.C x 3, j.C, j.C > 5C and then from there either go high for damage or low to the ground for oki.

I'll admit though, I'm guilty right now of trying other characters (Azrael, Bullet, and Ragna mainly), so I haven't really adapted a quick, practical convert OD combo at high health, meterless, but at least there's the easy route off close 3C via 5D~A > dash 6D~A > 214D~66~B, leads to good amount of j.C loops which means hella damage.